Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:25:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do China products has poor quality?  (Read 6389 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 12:14:47 AM

One thing nobody has brought up is that pretty much everything is made in China.

High end, well built products from Dell, Apple, pretty much any tech product?  All made in China, and all great quality.  The problem is not the Chinese, they are perfectly capable of building fantastic stuff.  The problem is when a company does not want the added expense of high quality production.

Completely false. Pretty much everything is assembled in China, thus the "Made in China" labels, but most of the parts are made in other countries. The iPhone, for example, is "Made in China," but China only contributes about $6.50 to the overall cost of the phone by putting the parts together. The parts themselves are made in Japan, Germany, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

Edit: Found the article http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704828104576021142902413796.html
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 12:52:51 AM

One thing nobody has brought up is that pretty much everything is made in China.

High end, well built products from Dell, Apple, pretty much any tech product?  All made in China, and all great quality.  The problem is not the Chinese, they are perfectly capable of building fantastic stuff.  The problem is when a company does not want the added expense of high quality production.

Completely false. Pretty much everything is assembled in China, thus the "Made in China" labels, but most of the parts are made in other countries. The iPhone, for example, is "Made in China," but China only contributes about $6.50 to the overall cost of the phone by putting the parts together. The parts themselves are made in Japan, Germany, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

Edit: Found the article http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704828104576021142902413796.html

True.  And now many of the A5 chips (The cpu) are made in the USA.  The article is wrong though, some other parts are made in China as well that bring the China content well over $6.50. 

TheHeroMember (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 01:47:57 AM

High end, well built products from Dell, Apple, pretty much any tech product?  All made in China, and all great quality.  The problem is not the Chinese, they are perfectly capable of building fantastic stuff.  The problem is when a company does not want the added expense of high quality production.

Our lord made world....and the rest was made in China.  Cheesy

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 03:24:57 AM

I bought shoes for €9 from China (including shipping). It's been a year of full time using them now, and the soles are starting to get thin. I think in a few months I'll need new ones.

This is actually better than the €50 I spent on a pair of shoes here in Europe, that lasted 2 years.

TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 02:18:48 AM

I bought shoes for €9 from China (including shipping). It's been a year of full time using them now, and the soles are starting to get thin. I think in a few months I'll need new ones.

This is actually better than the €50 I spent on a pair of shoes here in Europe, that lasted 2 years.

Nice to hear that there still are products in China that has great quality.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 03:51:46 PM

A lot of hardware is produced in china, and it is of high-quality
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 11:19:08 PM

What I have found to be poor quality from China are tools.  I have bought a number of cheap screwdrivers and had them fall apart within a day of use.  Compare that to a Craftsman brand that has lasted most of my lifetime.   I bet there are very good brands of Chinese made tools, but you need to watch out for the cheap stuff.  In many ways I would call them fake tools because they are not hardened properly (or at all!). 

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 08:09:28 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2012, 04:12:12 AM by Rassah

What I have found to be poor quality from China are tools.  I have bought a number of cheap screwdrivers and had them fall apart within a day of use.  Compare that to a Craftsman brand that has lasted most of my lifetime.   I bet there are very good brands of Chinese made tools, but you need to watch out for the cheap stuff.  In many ways I would call them fake tools because they are not hardened properly (or at all!).  

According to Wiki and some web searches, Craftsman now manufactures a lot of their tools in China as well. I guess it's not the country, but the company, after all.
jCole

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 11:15:18 PM

well counterfeit products from china don't have the same regulations and therefore there are no checks on the quality of these products
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 06:17:02 AM

I've never had any problems with my:

iPod Touch
iPod Nano (various generations)
Macbook Pro unibody
Macbook Air (sold for the Macbook Pro)
iPad 2

All made in China.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:15:04 PM

iPod Touch
Macbook Pro unibody
iPad 2

All made in China.

As I said a few posts above, only assembled in China. Most of the things you mentioned are made around the world, with china providing assembly only.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=59882.msg713133#msg713133
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 03:15:08 AM

What I have found to be poor quality from China are tools.  I have bought a number of cheap screwdrivers and had them fall apart within a day of use.  Compare that to a Craftsman brand that has lasted most of my lifetime.   I bet there are very good brands of Chinese made tools, but you need to watch out for the cheap stuff.  In many ways I would call them fake tools because they are not hardened properly (or at all!). 

According to Wiki and some web searches, Craftsman not manufactures a lot of their tools in China as well. I guess it's not the country, but the company, after all.

I agree.

TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 03:16:26 AM

True, what can one expect from cheap tools/things anyway.  Smiley

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 04:13:08 AM

I mad a typo. I meant "Craftsman NOW manufactures a lot of their tools in China," not "Craftsman NOT manufactures a lot of their tools in China"
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2012, 06:33:33 AM

I mad a typo. I meant "Craftsman NOW manufactures a lot of their tools in China," not "Craftsman NOT manufactures a lot of their tools in China"

Cool, lots of typos on other thread, you might be interested in checking all of them.  Smiley

TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2012, 06:34:46 AM

iPod Touch
Macbook Pro unibody
iPad 2

All made in China.

Is HP and Dell also manufactured in China? Just curios.

TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 01:36:05 AM

I just like Japans Toshiba, its tough.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 08:36:52 AM

iPod Touch
Macbook Pro unibody
iPad 2

All made in China.

Considering that for a "post Steve Jobs return" Apple user the most important "feature" is the Apple sticker attached to it, I don't see what difference it makes if it's made in China or elsewhere... as long as the glue is good enough.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: