Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:57:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | BlackCoin Card aka CEX Cards | LibertyCoin Card Coming Soon  (Read 64622 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
noerc

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:35:43 PM

Sorry I am also not getting it: If there will be no change in the community management, what exactly happens to the donations to your Wall Street event?
IconicExpert (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:36:08 PM

DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY THIS?! What a prude piece of fucking shit. Took peoples money happily when the coin was up! BUT THE SECOND IT GOES DOWN YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY A PART IN BEING FAIR?! YOU ARE FUCKING DONE ICONIC!

Give the funds back to their rightful owners, instead of giving them a choice to just donate to the Red Cross! This would never happen if people hadn't trusted your snake oil bs. You are a con.

Thank you for your comments. I have no desire or need to keep people donations, I am not going to ruin my reputation for a few thousand dollars. Maybe $4500+ is a lot to you, but it isn't for me. Sorry if that sounds snobbish but it is true. I am not interested in ripping people off for less than what I make in selling BC Cards. If you stopped for a second and think instead of ranting like a maniac you would understand that it is not an easy task to refund the donations.

valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:36:53 PM

So what should he do if someone donated at 35k satoshi and he turned it into USD?
Pay the difference by himself?

Obviously. People were telling him not to cash out the coins for just such a reason. He ignored them.

If the price had gone up, then he would have made money in the process of returning their donations. He accepted that risk once he decided to cash out, and the WS event didn't go ahead.
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:37:41 PM

Sorry I am also not getting it: If there will be no change in the community management, what exactly happens to the donations to your Wall Street event?

I will be donating it along with $1000 of my own money to the Red Cross. Half the people that are spreading fud didn't even donate or donated very little.
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:39:50 PM

Lol you stole the money and now you're getting out

Herpa Derpa.

Black Hand reigns supreme

I left your comment up on purpose. Do not think I forgot what you and the others did. I have something special planned for you so I suggest you STFU and go back to IRC.
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:40:49 PM

DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY THIS?! What a prude piece of fucking shit. Took peoples money happily when the coin was up! BUT THE SECOND IT GOES DOWN YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY A PART IN BEING FAIR?! YOU ARE FUCKING DONE ICONIC!

Give the funds back to their rightful owners, instead of giving them a choice to just donate to the Red Cross! This would never happen if people hadn't trusted your snake oil bs. You are a con.

Thank you for your comments. I have no desire or need to keep people donations, I am not going to ruin my reputation for a few thousand dollars. Maybe $4500+ is a lot to you, but it isn't for me. Sorry if that sounds snobbish but it is true. I am not interested in ripping people off for less than what I make in selling BC Cards. If you stopped for a second and think instead of ranting like a maniac you would understand that it is not an easy task to refund the donations.

If you had the time and effort to copy and paste your damn Fundraising BS on these forums, and to argue for almost 24hrs for almost 3-4 days straight.

YOU GOT ALL THAT MONEY FOR LV CAKE, AND ALL THE TIME TO TALK SHIT WHEN PEOPLE ARE BASHING YOU, BUT NOT ENOUGH RESOURCES OR TIME TO PAY BACK ALL THOSE YOU ROYALLY FUCKED?!

Get outta here you quack.

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Arigard

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:41:36 PM

Quote from: Iconic
Thank you for your comments. I have no desire or need to keep people donations, I am not going to ruin my reputation for a few thousand dollars. Maybe $4500+ is a lot to you, but it isn't for me.

If it's not a lot of money to you, what is the problem with refunding it? People gave you their money so it could be put to use for Blackcoin, if they wanted to donate to the Red Cross, they would donate to the Red Cross directly.
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:41:51 PM

So what should he do if someone donated at 35k satoshi and he turned it into USD?
Pay the difference by himself?

Obviously. People were telling him not to cash out the coins for just such a reason. He ignored them.

If the price had gone up, then he would have made money in the process of returning their donations. He accepted that risk once he decided to cash out, and the WS event didn't go ahead.

well i appreciate it would be hard to refund everyone but as you like to tell people, you have a lot of money,now,
as i see it, you made the mistake of cashing it all in for fiat so you should make thedifference up. you have no right to decide to donate all of it to the red cross, sure it's a noble cause but some people might like their dollar back. it's their money after all.
gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:42:15 PM

SCAMER SCAMER
Ashdrake

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:43:25 PM

Lol you stole the money and now you're getting out

Herpa Derpa.

Black Hand reigns supreme

I left your comment up on purpose. Do not think I forgot what you and the others did. I have something special planned for you so I suggest you STFU and go back to IRC.

Is is a Loui Vuitton Bag?
Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:43:46 PM

I will be donating it along with $1000 of my own money to the Red Cross. Half the people that are spreading fud didn't even donate or donated very little.
Like you said its imposible to return money back to donators. And the Red Cross is a nice gesture but there are alot of bastards runing such charty funds. I propose to you that you support the community driven projects that are active with the donations you received. They money was intended for the BC promotion and it should be spend for BC promotion. If not Red Cross in not a bad idea.
rickywaldron

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:44:55 PM

You should just turn all the fiat you got from donations back in to BC/BTC/LTC and then send back an amount possible to the people who donated to you.
I get that your not gonna refund it will your own money and if people don't receive their full amount back, that is the cause of fluctuations. but you can't just donate it to the red cross organization.

Good overall announcement, I agree with you on a couple of points. GL with your own coin!
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:45:03 PM

Could you make this a community decision? Not that donating to the red cross isn't a very honorable move, it just wasn't the intention of the donators in the first place.

I personally donated 5 LTC, so around 50$. Although this of course was money I don't need for living, this is a considerable fraction of my earnings as a PhD student. When I donated this money my goal was to co-fund a PR project of my investment. When on Christmas somebody knocks at my door and asks for money for the Red Cross I also give something, but with the goal to support the Red Cross project. I would be similarly surprised if the Red Cross would tell me after Christmas that the money was donated to a crypto PR project.

So if we can only use this money as a whole, lets collectively decide what we will do with, ok?
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:45:47 PM

yeh it was intended for bc, so spend it on bc, or give it to the foundation. as much as it might rankle with you it's the right thing to do
stryknyne666

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Sorry to hear that decision to leave, lets hope the people in charge step down so we can fix Blackcoin. If not, I am looking forward to your next venture and will stand behind it with whatever I have left after this coin tanks.

Not going to happen, that is something they planned well ahead and went all out on IE to position themselves. I would take Maarx in Soepkips spot though.

Agree 1000% Maarx is the man for the job. Soepkip has done a great job and i mean no disrespect to Soepkip but Maarx fits the role perfectly.
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:54:55 PM

Could you make this a community decision? Not that donating to the red cross isn't a very honorable move, it just wasn't the intention of the donators in the first place.

I personally donated 5 LTC, so around 50$. Although this of course was money I don't need for living, this is a considerable fraction of my earnings as a PhD student. When I donated this money my goal was to co-fund a PR project of my investment. When on Christmas somebody knocks at my door and asks for money for the Red Cross I also give something, but with the goal to support the Red Cross project. I would be similarly surprised if the Red Cross would tell me after Christmas that the money was donated to a crypto PR project.

So if we can only use this money as a whole, lets collectively decide what we will do with, ok?

Ok fair enough. I choose the Red Cross because it is an international organization, and BC is an international coin. I also figured it would be good press for BC to donate to a well known cause.
bluestskies

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:59:15 PM

Yep. Either give the money to fund future bc projects like the donors intended (the MIT one is getting ready to start fundraising soon) or return it...whether that be at a loss of value the donor has to absorb (even if it was your own fault for immediately cashing out like people said NOT to do) or a loss through you because you can simply get payapl addresses of those wanting a refund and just send the fiat equivalent of what was donated at the time. If you have millions of blackcoin and "more money than we will ever see" from your successful companies (like you once wrote) then that shouldn't be a problem right?

Just because the coin has soured for you and you want to abandon the project doesn't mean that view is held by the people who donated. If they still believe in the coin, shouldn't their donation get to fund its future (and their investment) like it was intended? Who are you to say the money they gave should instead be given to charity?
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:01:20 PM

IE wants to run the whole community yet he cancels the project and he's not giving people their money back.  What confidence should I have in your running the community if you just screwed over the people.  I'm sorry that donation ish doesn't fly. 
dcm987

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:03:06 PM

OK Iconic, if you do donate this to the red Cross,please be sure to get confirmation and please address it as the community donated to the red cross.you can keep the cred for setting it up. As much as you hate them, please acknowledge that the foundation exists as well
Cryptoolate

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:04:18 PM

To all of you crying about Iconic performing a hit-n-run, this is silly.  

Remember that you, solely you, at your discretion and at your own risk, donated and there are no guarantee's in crypto.  I repeat, no guarantees in crypto.  

He doesn't need to take to scam anyone and he knows the potential backlash in doing such would be exponential.  I don't agree with the Red Cross idea but I know that issuing refunds and confirming each transaction would be nightmarish.  And to some conspirators, who's to say you wouldn't lie about whether you received it or not.  After the community split, I wouldn't so put yourself in all shoes except your own, for once.  I do believe the donations should go to a BC Project because BC members donated to the BC cause and if I wanted to donate to Red Cross, I could do that myself with fiat.  

For the record, I donated 1k BC.....I'm not concerned because for me, it can be viewed as money that can be used towards Iconic's future endeavors, which I've already inquired or at the very least, a financial lesson on my part.  

Explore opportunities by turning a potentially bad thing into a good thing, learn from your mistakes and stop bickering.  It's evident a few BC means a lot to some of you. Although $.08 shouldn't be.  We are in a gray shade, Wild West, unregulated, part of the World Wide Web.  If this is too much for you to handle, I suggest you don't ever donate again.  There is and will always be scams/suspicious activity in crypto.  

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: