Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:41:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is everybody ok?  (Read 4770 times)
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 12:04:50 AM

No, I am not again I lost again sooo much...  Cry
Seem to me that it is not my year: lost my clients, lost much money, lost my ferret, lost my grandpa and now my bitcoins...

I feel bad when reading this.

Did nobody tell you what kind of game speculation is? If you want to keep Bitcoins, buy them and keep them safe. Don't play if you're not ready to lose. I can tell you I'm sorry for profiting off this, but we're here to compete in stabilising the market, and that leverage mania was both easy prey and an obstacle.

This doesn't work any other way. Why can't people teach one another to not dive into the fire with one's last strength?
+1
I should have never gone to sleep.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:07:27 AM

Lift you head up high and blow your brains out  Undecided

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
Luis_GT

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:08:00 AM

The only thing I'm mad about is not selling  at 6.50 when I had the chance... but as the asks pile up... I sold at $500 profit and hope price goes back down even further so I can rebuy cheap lol
Jessi

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 12:08:51 AM

No, I am not again I lost again sooo much...  Cry
Seem to me that it is not my year: lost my clients, lost much money, lost my ferret, lost my grandpa and now my bitcoins...

I feel bad when reading this.

Did nobody tell you what kind of game speculation is? If you want to keep Bitcoins, buy them and keep them safe. Don't play if you're not ready to lose. I can tell you I'm sorry for profiting off this, but we're here to compete in stabilising the market, and that leverage mania was both easy prey and an obstacle.

This doesn't work any other way. Why can't people teach one another to not dive into the fire with one's last strength?
You don´t mhave to feel bad, because it is not anyone fault. It´s just my fault. Anyway typed this during feeling bad, too, because it´s the truth this year (and the last also) I had not much luck. Anyway I felt "living" during the ride and maybe those moments where it whorse. I dont´t know, yet.

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:10:11 AM

I just knew I shoulda got out @ $6.90 lolz

With so many people short we could be back up above that in no time. There is no shorting on bitcoinica which usually causes a rally. A rally coupled with those who leveraged new shorts will give us the fuel to go above $8 even. Since this selloff was vicious you can be the next rise will be just as if not more vicious.

I'm leaning this way too.
Man, I feel really bad for anyone playing at the same level as I am that lost it all  Embarrassed Sad Sad
MUST... BELIEVE...
I haven't been Zhoutonged ... yet

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:17:48 AM

Good here, Thanks! 

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:19:14 AM

I was so wrong.. and right at the same time.

I spotted a massive selloff a few days ago (PSAR, textbook head and shoulders, and triangle formation), but the run up to $7.2 made my emotions get in my way.  I made the mistake of thinking that it would actually break (and many other people also did).  I am sure that if it had gotten past 7.2, it would have gotten to 10, but that's not what happened, and I was wrong.  Several times I came close to shorting, or posting threads saying "rally now or never... looks like never at this point," but never had the heart to do so when it looked so strong.

At least I suffered no losses on the market... because I wasn't in it Smiley

derp.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:19:51 AM

It seems to me, if you still believe going long had its benefits a day ago, what's changed except the price today? Margin calls might mess you up, and there's no avoiding that with leveraging to the hilt, but if you're still in the game, there's no reason to see this as the end of the world. Chances are it's further manipulation beyond your control.

A load of btc were dumped onto the market, but there hasn't been a fundamental failure in BTC to cause it - the rise itself didn't really make a lot of sense, either. If anything, I suspect this is another ploy to get you to sell your btc cheaper so someone else can buy up big. In markets like these, profits are always made at someone else's expense...not a good or bad thing, just a thing. Don't ever bet everything you have, unless you're 100% sure it's going to pay off.

ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:22:24 AM

A load of btc were dumped onto the market, but there hasn't been a fundamental failure in BTC to cause it.

Which doesn't change the short term outlook at all.

I'm always a long-term bull.

edit: I think this crash sort of gauges the relative strength of different price factors:

Weak factors (short term): fundamentals like exposure, adoption, new businesses etc
Very strong factors (short term): Bitcoinica leverage, the Manipulator, technicals

(BFL)^2 < 0
Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:23:46 AM

Everybody!  Everyone!!!

come on in, huddle around -- group hug time   Grin Cheesy Cheesy

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
legitnick

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 12:25:55 AM

Everybody!  Everyone!!!

come on in, huddle around -- group hug time   Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:26:57 AM

Crap, forgot about nick.  I'm poor as shit too dude.  Gimme your addy, i'll give you a coin. 

Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:27:51 AM

Hm.. Not trying to be a smartass, and not sure if people will be receptive to this, but a pro gambler friend of me always told me:

* Remember what you're risking, you can lose.

It took me years before I finally grasped this concept. And I may stray away from it from time to time still.

But I try never to risk more than max 10-25%  of my current bank any time doing some trades a day on mtGox. When feeling more confident
I may go in heavier.

The bottom line though, is that there are always risks, and anyone trading in this market should be aware of it.

With good bank management, the swings are smaller, but you don't risk getting wiped out by single freak accidents.

For those sitting on a loss: Often just waiting can help you recup your losses, so if you bought in at 7.05,  you may as well profit if you wait for a while.

I remember the early days of Betfair, I was increasing my bank extremely fast, but I traded and betted like a mad man, risking too much of the bank too often.

Sooner or later you get stung, and for me it happened when a a team made an equalizer in a soccer match on overtime, the bank I'd been building up over weeks vanished by the touch of a ball...

Another time I had a similar devastating loss when I didn't close a position on a horse when doing pre race horse trading on the same exchange. The sinking feeling, thinking of how much money you just blasted away, not good for the health.

So learning from those gruelling lessons, I stopped trading/gambling altogether for years.

Just saying if anyone is in a similar position, just walk away, accept the losses if you have realized them, and remember there's always another day.

Oh, and never chase your losses. That's also something my pro gambler friend told me. Smiley

legitnick

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 12:28:00 AM

Crap, forgot about nick.  I'm poor as shit too dude.  Gimme your addy, i'll give you a coin. 
I'll send you half my script if you re pay inau.

Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:29:47 AM

OH ... Well!  I meant address buuuutttt yeah man i will totally do that too!

Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:30:34 AM

Also... what do I owe INAU for?  Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

RandyMarsh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:31:14 AM

I'm wonderfull Cheesy

Stan?! STAN?!?!
legitnick

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 12:32:42 AM

No I owe him.

Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:33:39 AM

No I owe him.

OIC ... I PM you now

gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:40:34 AM

am good out of it
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: