Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:47:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So if China doesn't matter to BTC, what is causing the price to stay down?  (Read 2736 times)
iluvpie60 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:07:12 AM

It is all in the title really.

Yeah, hacks, gox, sheep market place, china news, bad news here, bad news there, bad news bear. IDK.

I remember seeing that China accounted for the majority of BTC volume on any given day. In the U.S. and Europe we really don't need BTC because our governments aren't exactly confiscating our wealth on a massive scale, or really even almost any small scale(some peoples opinion might be that they are, but nice opinion bro).

So if everyone is always going around saying China doesn't matter, why do you keep having you repeat the mantra? It obviously has a pretty big effect, and if they actually ban it outright banana sandwich like no tomorrow then we will really see a big dip ay?

For those who say it isn't China, what is it then?  Huh
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4498

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:31:33 AM

Yeah, hacks, gox, sheep market place, china news, bad news here, bad news there, bad news bear. IDK.

I remember seeing that China accounted for the majority of BTC volume on any given day. In the U.S. and Europe we really don't need BTC because our governments aren't exactly confiscating our wealth on a massive scale, or really even almost any small scale(some peoples opinion might be that they are, but nice opinion bro).

So if everyone is always going around saying China doesn't matter, why do you keep having you repeat the mantra? It obviously has a pretty big effect, and if they actually ban it outright banana sandwich like no tomorrow then we will really see a big dip ay?

For those who say it isn't China, what is it then?  Huh

china does not count as the largest bitcoin volume.

if you add up all the bitcoin of all western world exchanges. western world wins. the issue is that with 20 western world exchanges and less then a dozen chinese, it only 'appears' that china has more bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
p2pbucks

Activity: 642

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:43:58 AM

you can check the main exchanges volume portion distribution here : http://p2pbucks.com/altcoin/pie.php

But remember , the volume in Chinese exchanges is not true < i don't use the word  "fake" because there are many high frequency & leverage trading on OKCOIN & HUOBI >  

Along with the offline trading bursting the effect of China's center bank will gradually gone
RockHound

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:22:02 AM

you can check the main exchanges volume portion distribution here : http://p2pbucks.com/altcoin/pie.php

But remember , the volume in Chinese exchanges is not true < i don't use the word  "fake" because there are many high frequency & leverage trading on OKCOIN & HUOBI >  

Along with the offline trading bursting the effect of China's center bank will gradually gone

Cheers for link - nice clean website - bookmarked  Smiley
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 01:30:10 AM

Give it a few months.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:50:09 AM

For those who say it isn't China, what is it then?  Huh

The price is 100% higher than where it was a year ago before China got involved in the first place.
I think a 100% gain in a year is pretty damn good.
$440/btc is strong.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:12:58 AM

Yeah, the price has been quite stable lately. It's kinda boring that it hasn't fluctuated more than a dollar or two when I check it multiple times each day, haha!
It was china's purchasing that drove it up pretty high last year, and Gox's fake inflation that did the rest of the trick. With both of them off the play field, I think we're back to the natural steady increase in value.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:19:35 AM

Simply put, there must be more people selling and cashing out of BTC then there are new people buying in, at this moment.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:31:30 AM

The price of bitcoin is like a market and stuff. It goes up and down, depending on demand.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
kadter

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:35:12 AM

People simply shift money to diff coins and diff places Smiley
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 06:04:46 AM

China is still very much in the game. I'd imagine we'd see a devastating drop if most of the Chinese actually sold. The price is holding up pretty good right now, given that about 3600 new coins are mined every day.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:32:06 AM

China does matter which is why price is where it is
Customer adoption has been lagging in absence of a killer app
Lots of talent working in btc  now, so patience is indicated

appcom

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:44:11 AM

I think that if there is no China market, bitcoin prices will return to rational sleep, growth environment for the development of BTC is also very good, Chinese speculation too serious.
best-miner.com

Activity: 123

best-miner.com

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 07:25:27 AM

For the bitcoin volume in China, it is true not fake, but one thing you may not know is all chinese trading platform don't need trading fee, they are 0% and you can loan btc to trade even, that means you can sell and buy tens and huandreds one day, don't need to pay any fee. both these will increase the total volume.
    Chinese market is important to bitcoin of course, as at least 60% bitcoin miners are produced in China as i know(we are the one too), almost all my friend heard of bitcoin in the last 6 months(people can see bitcoin news everyday,mostly bad news in these months).
     At last, let me give you a number, bitcointalk.org regiester member is about 320,000 now and Chinese btc fans is more than this number for sure(due to some datas that i cant tell)
     It is no doubt that our goverment will ban it, but for now, here we are all prepare for it, i think finally the paltform will find a way to survive like trasfer to Hongkong, or ...

best-miner.com, bitcoin news & bitcoin miners
2T bitcoin miners for 2099$, 34M litecoin miners for 999$,
1T bitcoin miners for 1299$, World wide free shipping with DHL in 1 day.
volvopsych

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:37:17 AM

I think that if there is no China market, bitcoin prices will return to rational sleep, growth environment for the development of BTC is also very good, Chinese speculation too serious.

you are right, something has changed in china
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 07:54:44 AM

When it was rising in last year, everyone wanted to get in onto the hype train, and it soared and soared. Then it fell down - a lot of these new buyers realized that Bitcoin is not just going to go up all the time and left. That semi-mainstream "to the moon" mentality evaporated, and then the bad news hit to make things worse. So people are now more realistic with Bitcoin's future price - there is less of a belief that it will go into the thousands, after we saw it crash from 1k to below 500. The 1k price point was all hype that a lot of profit-seekers caught onto, and then left as soon as it crashed. Without these people the price doesn't have the fuel to grow, especially as quickly as it did at the end of 2013.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:05:35 AM

Yeah, the price has been quite stable lately. It's kinda boring that it hasn't fluctuated more than a dollar or two when I check it multiple times each day, haha!
It was china's purchasing that drove it up pretty high last year, and Gox's fake inflation that did the rest of the trick. With both of them off the play field, I think we're back to the natural steady increase in value.
Yes, this is good for BTC developing. we need btc for use not for speculated.
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:26:14 AM

weak hands is what causing the price to stay down, but it's a good thing for those waiting for price to go down to get in
Haskel85

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:41:53 AM

BTC is one of the world's

Ibistru

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:47:53 AM

Bitcoin price has reached its maximum. There is no way it can grow significantly in the next few years. Actually it could decrease if the speculative bubble deflates (i.e. if the "investors" that are holding bitcoins realize that the price is not going to grow and decide to sell).
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: