Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica  (Read 2808 times)
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:42:57 AM

Stop using it.

Buy Bitcoins with your own fucking money. Save them. Trade if the market goes crazy in a direction.

This is the contender for the future global high quality store of value. Not a pyramid scheme.

Or is it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 01:43:40 AM

Never using it ever again.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:44:02 AM

Stop using it.

Buy Bitcoins with your own fucking money. Save them. Trade if the market goes crazy in a direction.

This is the contender for the future global high quality store of value. Not a pyramid scheme.

Or is it?

+1

If you lose on bitcoinica dont come crying here when you lose everything. If you just traded in the market you would never have $0 like what happens when people get Zhoutonged.
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:44:37 AM

You decide on

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:45:12 AM

too late now, the douche has millions of bitcoin's doll hairs.

Be humble!
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:45:30 AM

don't they have some sort of disclaimer saying "trade at your own risk"?
Luis_GT

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:45:35 AM

I've only lost about 70 BTC on bitcoinica on the last 3 months... I'm a bit conservative though...
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:48:27 AM

With your money.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:49:14 AM

Wow, you guys who got zhoutonged today are being really bitter.  I have been making money all day on Bitcoinica.  Learn how to trade.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:49:32 AM

With your money.

Be humble!
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:50:11 AM

Wow, you guys who got zhoutonged today are being really bitter.  I have been making money all day on Bitcoinica.  Learn how to gamble.
Fixed. Grin
Luis_GT

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:53:10 AM

Bitcoinica isn't bad if you don't go aggressive...

just my
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:58:58 AM

Stop using it.

Or is it?

+1.  I'm glad I learned my lesson with only 5BTC.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 01:59:40 AM

Stop using it.

Or is it?

It's more of personal trading behaviors.

I agree that we should take more responsibility in making Bitcoin a better currency, so we will take several actions in the following days to minimize our negative market impact during volatile times.

But generally, I disagree with your statement. Bitcoinica didn't start the spikes, someone else did. Bitcoin is very financially vulnerable at the moment and we need more options for traders to build a strong financial system.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:06:40 AM

glad to see you take it seriously Z

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:06:58 AM

I agree that we should take more responsibility in making Bitcoin a better currency, so we will take several actions in the following days to minimize our negative market impact during volatile times.

But generally, I disagree with your statement. Bitcoinica didn't start the spikes, someone else did. Bitcoin is very financially vulnerable at the moment and we need more options for traders to build a strong financial system.
Yes, there are those who like the gambling and others who prefer investing. And the people with the appropriate funds also are quite fond of tricking your system to enrich themselves.

Thanks for acknowledging that.

So, because Bitcoin is vulnerable due to low market cap and illiquidity we need more leverage, derivatives and anything but a real market?
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:09:51 AM

Yes, there are those who like the gambling and others who prefer investing. And the people with the appropriate funds also are quite fond of tricking your system to enrich themselves.

So, because Bitcoin is vulnerable due to low market cap and illiquidity we need more leverage, derivatives and anything but a real market?

Bitcoinica is pushing the exchanges to do better. We didn't even have a partnership with Mt. Gox. So we are totally open in terms of exchange options.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:12:23 AM

i vote that Matthew Wright add one more question to Zhou during his TV interview; this.
TheBlackCat

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:13:01 AM

i just feel like i did everything right with stops and limits and using a reasonable margin. and then i lost 3000 like that
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:13:21 AM

Oh, derivatives would be so much fun.  You could bet on the possibility of other people losing money.  Like someone once said, it's like taking out fire insurance on your neighbour's house.  It couldn't possibly be in your best interest to throw a few lit matches their way...

I mentioned before that playing with leverage in bitcoins was a tool for the '1%ers'.  Someone just screwed a whole lot of people over.  Some won, many more lost.  Bitcoin is worse for wear.  Merchants wanting to use bitcoins aren't exactly flocking towards a commodity that can lose 20% of its value within minutes while the market is locked and participants can't sell.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: