Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you agree with this change?  (Voting closed: January 21, 2012, 02:56:01 AM)
Agree - 59 (45.7%)
Disagree - 40 (31%)
Bitcoinica is doomed (Neutral) - 30 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote for Bitcoinica Leverage Change Proposal  (Read 4494 times)
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:26:55 PM

How about you just untie yourself from MtGox.  You've become a dog wagging tail and while I personally find nothing wrong with it, so long as you advertise very clearly your lack of funds when people deposit money (rather than when they attempt to liquidate), if you want to make people here happy, you're going to need to operate more like a dark pool.

Im glad im not the only one that sees this need..

I will launch a poll about that.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:29:43 PM

How about you just untie yourself from MtGox.  You've become a dog wagging tail and while I personally find nothing wrong with it, so long as you advertise very clearly your lack of funds when people deposit money (rather than when they attempt to liquidate), if you want to make people here happy, you're going to need to operate more like a dark pool.

It wont be easy, but if you care about the community as a whole, mtgox needs competition, they are getting fat and lazy from your site, and its still a single point of failure..  Your the only one that has the potential volume!

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:32:24 PM

Great! This could be huge! (In a good way!)

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 03:17:39 PM

again ppl ignore that we got asterisk at $4,6 and that stooped bitcoin falling even more
biased views are the best views
You ignore the fact that it's highly unlikely that we would've ever gone to $4.6 in the first place if we didn't have the asterisk issue that made it too easy for big players to exploit the situation.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
barrymac

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:00:05 PM

I can't wait! maybe you should talk to intersango, this one seems pretty stable and more professionally run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: