Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 03:17:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I do have 3M ready to invest in the right scenario, but what is it?
Mining BTC - 17 (9.3%)
Mining Other Cryptos - 17 (9.3%)
Buying Bitcoin and Wait it Out - 106 (58.2%)
Launch a Crypto ATM network - 31 (17%)
Ripple?? - 11 (6%)
Total Voters: 182

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 3 Million USD to invest into Crypto Currency - How should I do it?  (Read 19812 times)
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 11:21:16 AM

guess he should have bought some ETH with that 3MM lol
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:39:00 PM

I seriously doubt he had the 3 million.   Looking at post history looks like he did a hobby level of mining with 40 S3's.  So he did invest in the crypto game.... but far less then the 3 million, and also is no longer active on forum.

So many of these threads pop up saying I have X to invest.... and they never invest.  I also think when your taking about millions or even hundreds of thousands you would go to a consultant vs a forum.   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:21:32 AM

or bitcoin when it was at 200, and sell at around the peak of 500, or simple keep holding for the next boom
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:38:29 PM

You can spend one million to mine Ethereum. But you need to increase the hashing power gradually.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:18:42 PM

You can spend one million to mine Ethereum. But you need to increase the hashing power gradually.

OK, I'll bite: Why must the hashing power be gradually increased?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:24:00 AM

OK, I'll bite: Why must the hashing power be gradually increased?

maybe to not prevent a huge, dump because of panic dumping? investors may be scared if they see an huge hash increase, and begin to dump their coins
Facilitator

Activity: 230
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:21:47 AM

Yes. But if he invest the $3M in the Eth mining equipment, he can make a lot of money and sell the equipment later.

▐█▌
       █████
      ███████
     ████████▀
    ████████  █
   ████████ ▐███▌
  ████████ ▐█████▌
 ████████
  ████████ ▐█████▌
   ████████ ▐███▌
    ████████  █
     ████████▄
      ███████
       █████
        ▐█▌
EXTOKE
 ------ FEE FREE TRADING! ------
▐█▌

▐█▌
  FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE!

▐█▌

▐█▌

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██            ▄▄▄   ██▄
▄██   █▄       █████▄▀ ██▄
██    ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀   ██
██     ██████████████   ██
██      █████████████   ██
██       ▀██████████    ██
▀██      ▄████████▀    ██▀
 ▀██ ▄▄████████▀▀     ██▀
  ▀██▄              ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
 ▄██       ▄█████     ██▄
▄██        ███         ██▄
██       ▄▄███▄▄        ██
██       ███████        ██
██         ███          ██
▀██        ███         ██▀
 ▀██       ███        ██▀
  ▀██▄     ███      ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:27:02 AM

The only problem is putting that much into gpu to mine ether is that by the time the equipment actually goes online, something might happen to the coin and there might not be anything else to mine making it a risky investment.  Also please dont increase the hash anymore  Cool
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:10:19 AM

This thread is the thread that never ends, I keep seeing it pop up. OP has not logged on since:
Last Active:    June 16, 2015, 01:00:23 AM

Chances of many reading this with 3 million going twords crypto investment... slim.  Just not a ton of whales buy in everyday.  I think we can let this thread go after seeing that.  I did not realize above, but checked more into created date after this thread keeps poping up over multiple days.

Also beyond OP last active.  It is odd a new account bumped it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600368.msg14265441#msg14265441 .   He got lucky and was at top of page.... so no one got to see he bumped massive old thread if did not click back.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:21:33 AM

Yes. But if he invest the $3M in the Eth mining equipment, he can make a lot of money and sell the equipment later.

not that easy how you make it , you need to buy 3M in gpu with all the heat issue and the power needed, not very convenient

would have been better to buy ethereum directly and wait for the pump
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:44:19 PM

@619,
First of all, (sorry for being off-topic), but 619 is my lucky number, I have my mobile number too that ends with it... Wink
Secondly, if I were you, I would definitely invest those 3M into a completely new project taking Bitcoins into consideration, but I would rather try to be more productive in terms of security bitcoin lacks in some cases...
I would go for an alt that has everything it takes to just overcome the risks bitcoin already has, associated with it...

malzahar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 11:09:41 PM

Shit, if you got that amount of capital.

Why not just partner up with the already established main mining producers in china. Invest with them and be a bigger force.

Invest as in you become their priceloss risk scenario when they need cash youre there. So they dont have to constantly cash out their bitcoin into yuan.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 11:35:26 PM

Probably the best to invest in now would be SJCX and MAID since they are so close...
apriyoni

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 07:28:19 PM

or bitcoin when it was at 200, and sell at around the peak of 500, or simple keep holding for the next boom

He could have made more than $4 million dollars with the bitcoin scenario. Or he could have made $30 million with Ethereum.
Facilitator

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:40:59 PM

He could have made more than $4 million dollars with the bitcoin scenario. Or he could have made $30 million with Ethereum.

That proves money makes money. If he bought so many Ethereum, his buy will move up the price.

▐█▌
       █████
      ███████
     ████████▀
    ████████  █
   ████████ ▐███▌
  ████████ ▐█████▌
 ████████
  ████████ ▐█████▌
   ████████ ▐███▌
    ████████  █
     ████████▄
      ███████
       █████
        ▐█▌
EXTOKE
 ------ FEE FREE TRADING! ------
▐█▌

▐█▌
  FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE!

▐█▌

▐█▌

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██            ▄▄▄   ██▄
▄██   █▄       █████▄▀ ██▄
██    ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀   ██
██     ██████████████   ██
██      █████████████   ██
██       ▀██████████    ██
▀██      ▄████████▀    ██▀
 ▀██ ▄▄████████▀▀     ██▀
  ▀██▄              ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
 ▄██       ▄█████     ██▄
▄██        ███         ██▄
██       ▄▄███▄▄        ██
██       ███████        ██
▀██        ███         ██▀
 ▀██       ███        ██▀
  ▀██▄     ███      ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:19:41 PM

That proves money makes money. If he bought so many Ethereum, his buy will move up the price.

Not necessary say he bought when at 900 dollars on BTC.  That would be around 3333 bitcoins and he would have lost around 1.5 million or half of his bankroll.  So it can go both way's.  There are no guarantees in crypto.

Long term speculation is hard to a point where it's almost impossible on some.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:29:45 PM

Solo mine bitcoin with huge hash rates! That would be my advice. People have hit blocks solo-mining with far lesser hash rates than what you could afford with $3M. Also, the heat generated could be used for heating your home / office and you save on heating too (if you live in a cold place). Best of luck!

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:30:07 AM

@619,
First of all, (sorry for being off-topic), but 619 is my lucky number, I have my mobile number too that ends with it... Wink

Isn't that the area code for San Diego area?
 You should move....

8-P

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
apriyoni

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 06:56:44 PM

Solo mine bitcoin with huge hash rates! That would be my advice. People have hit blocks solo-mining with far lesser hash rates than what you could afford with $3M. Also, the heat generated could be used for heating your home / office and you save on heating too (if you live in a cold place). Best of luck!

With the increase of block size, you need a very fast internet connection to do the solo mining. Otherwise, there will be lots of orphan blocks.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:19:02 PM

With the increase of block size, you need a very fast internet connection to do the solo mining. Otherwise, there will be lots of orphan blocks.

This assumes you want to run a full node as I understand it. For most folks, using -ck's "Solo Pool" will work just fine with a very modest cost if you hit a block (i.e. 1% or .25 BTC now). If you have a several PH or more, then maybe the fast Internet full node would be a good investment.  Even folks with more than a PH will still use a pool sometimes (e.g. Kano's pool has one or more such users).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: