Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:17:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain S2 vs Spondoolies SP10  (Read 5361 times)
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:37:42 PM

But trust me, better go for larger machines in smaller quantities...  Wink

'Nuff said!

He must've said larger machines in smaller quantities....at the same cost.
I doubt he'd trade ROI for better form.
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:52:09 PM

It also comes down to the price one pays for electricity.

The Antminer S1 cannot be beat if one has low electricity costs (under 10 cents / KWh) and has access to abundant electricity and cooling.

I may pay less per GH for electricity in dollar terms running S1s at 10 cents per kilowatt hour than someone in Europe or California pays to run SP10s at 30 to 40 cents per kilowatt hour.

Power efficiency is very important for miners with high electricity costs, but not so much for miners with low electricity costs.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:46:20 PM

The Antminer S1 cannot be beat if one has low electricity costs (under 10 cents / KWh) and has access to abundant electricity and cooling.

I may pay less per GH for electricity in dollar terms running S1s at 10 cents per kilowatt hour than someone in Europe or California pays to run SP10s at 30 to 40 cents per kilowatt hour.

Power efficiency is very important for miners with high electricity costs, but not so much for miners with low electricity costs.

Certainly true to a point, but too much is made of relatively small power efficiency differences. The more you pay for the gear up front, the longer it has to run to reach positive ROI and state of the art efficiency generally commands a premium. People with really high power costs can have their sha miners turn into losers very quickly even with state of the art efficiency. If you're in Australia for instance and paying $.34/kwh then pre-ordering an sp-30 for August delivery   with btc/fiat under $500 and difficulty continuing to ramp up is a huge risk. In such a case you should buy and hold coins, but if you're determined to mine then scrypt gear is probably a better investment than sha gear anyway. The calculations are probably more crucial for people on the margins of high power costs.

@Mc Trollster. You win the most annoying post of the month award sir. It hurts my eyes to look at your dumb picture. Ignored.
Onicoman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:13:58 PM

So all in all it really has too mutch that weigh in like country, power costs, preferrences, space, heat, money , coins to use etc too really make This post simply pros and cons for ant and spoond. There will allways be to mutch off av variabel. Annyways annyone been too spoondolies? Are they located in tel aviv ?
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:59:38 AM

But trust me, better go for larger machines in smaller quantities...  Wink

'Nuff said!

^^^^This  Wink

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Why someone who pays 30 to 40 cents per kwh would mine at that cost instead of finding a cheap hosting  deal is beyond me.
Maybe he's spending fiat to make a hedged bet at btc.
Or he's positive diff increment will be 5% for the next 6 months.
Or simply don't care for ROI.

But trust me, better go for larger machines in smaller quantities...  Wink

'Nuff said!

^^^^This  Wink

Thought so  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: