Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:58:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stealthcoin  (Read 17982 times)
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 09:09:41 AM

Mining bitcoin with a CPU is a tragic waste of societies resources. Do you mop your floor with a paintbrush?

Otherwise, cool idea!
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tryptamine

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 10:28:50 AM

A GPU version would be cool.
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2011, 05:05:38 PM

Mining bitcoin with a CPU is a tragic waste of societies resources.

It's up to each person to decide how to best use their resources. In my case, it was CPU mining or nothing. If I get enough donations based on demand for a GPU version, I'll do it.
Sir_Tofek

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 11:28:42 PM

So once it's installed, how would you go about uninstalling it?
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2011, 11:30:04 PM

So once it's installed, how would you go about uninstalling it?

Run the installer with the "/u" switch and then delete the installation folder.
winnetou

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 01:00:52 PM

Hi! I just download the editor.exe, bitcoind.exe and libeay32.dll. Hope that are all files i need for running.

Is it possible that it is not working on win7, 32 bit? I just tried to start the editor.exe and get a " the ntvdm cpu has encountered an illegal instruction 16 bit ms-dos subsystem".

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 04:01:09 PM

Please don't use this for nefarious purposes. Undecided

Well duh.

You just handed the botnetters a bitcoin miner on a platter ... just call it botcoin miner and be done with it.
I wouldn't be too worried about this.

I'm afraid botnet creators are smart enough to make these changes for themselves. Also, they probably WILL use a rootkit, so they don't need to hide CPU usage in this way.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
winnetou

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 10:04:27 AM

@bitcoin2cash. How much coins do you need to develop a gpu version that works fine on vista/win7 , too? Smiley
niooron

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 01:46:18 AM

Stealthcoin just needs the ability to mine through firewalls, and it would be complete.
winnetou

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 05:27:43 PM

Firewall bypass + Pool Mining. How much btcs do you need?=)
dikidera

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 08:08:00 PM

Nice  Grin. Now im really pumped up to make a my school's computers' a small mining farms.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 03:28:48 AM

Do you mean firewall bypassing by injecting into the default browser?
F.A. Hayek

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 06:07:40 PM

Can you post a HOWTO: use this product?

Instructions are non existent and software is not very explanatory. Why is a name necessary to run it? Does the editor export a config file or an executable? Does this have any external dependencies? Is the system path supposed to be to the bitcoin executable or to the top level directory containing the bitcoin directory from the repo?

Some details would be great. Thanks!
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 10:03:44 AM

GPU and pool mining support would really spice this project up.
Can you even make it so we can mine with the GPU and the CPU at the same time ?
Or maybe let us configure how "hard" the program goes on the CPU load and user experience ?

Thanks !
SleepMachine

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 12:10:00 PM

I've created an application can be used to stealth-launch a miner when a computer becomes idle and end it when the computer becomes active again. (sort of like a screensaver)

Perhaps it will interest you guys.

My app can be found here:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=8403.0

toiletduck

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 01:27:56 AM

Can you post a HOWTO: use this product?

Instructions are non existent and software is not very explanatory. Why is a name necessary to run it? Does the editor export a config file or an executable? Does this have any external dependencies? Is the system path supposed to be to the bitcoin executable or to the top level directory containing the bitcoin directory from the repo?

Some details would be great. Thanks!

Seriously, can we get some kind of usage information on this tool?  What kind of file is this editor supposed to output?  Please document your software so users can utilize it.
littlebittycoin

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:51:05 PM

gpu and pool support and wow that  version would be sick Smiley thanks alot for this though Smiley

edit
im in the exact situation except the computers (half of them) are reallly nice ones. I might be a noob but i used the editor and got the file it produced and this is where im stuck what do i do with generated file. Also another concern is since they are not pooled will you ever get anything off a cpu since its a low low chance with the power of it. Again im kinda new to all this
cointrepreneur

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 11:43:31 PM

Interesting project. Smiley  It was my understanding, however, that at current difficulty levels CPU mining is practically useless at this point?  Is that incorrect? If not I could perhaps use something like this.

Jarredm

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 05:40:13 PM

CPU Mining isn't possible if you pay for the electricity.  It just isn't economical.  If you aren't paying for the juice then by all means.  However, why would you use bitcoind?  There are various other miners with way better performance.  The Ufasoft for example works really well and is by default running at low priority.  It will consume 99% by default, however, if the machines are dual core then you can start it with the -t command line option.  -T tells it how many threads to use.  If your processor is a core 2 duo non-hyperthreaded then make the option -t 1 and it will use around 50%.  If you have a Core i5 with hyperthreading then your processor has 4 effective threads and you can launch it with -t 3 and consume around 75%.

You can use GUI miner which allows ufasoft to run without having a presence on the task bar.  The GUI miner app directory is the only thing that need to be copied to the local machines.  And launch at start up.  Oh and let's not forget that ufasoft will GPU mine as well.  Big ups if your machines have a capable GPU

The program I am developing is designed to accomplish the same thing but I am trying to take it a step further.  I am writing a Windows System Service application that will poll the system to see if the user is active.  If not then it will launch the ufasoft miner.  Now that much can be accomplished by the windows task scheduler alone.  The real problem is that I cannot get task scheduler to stop the process when the user resumes activity.  So in comes the necessity of the system service.  In addition to being able to start and stop on user activity, and take advantage of GPU mining, the service will allow one additional benefit.  System services start with the computer and run whether there is a logged on user or not!  Now all you have to do is have the computer turned on to take advantage of it's idle cycles.

Anyway, I am early in development but the process isn't too complex so shouldn't take me too long.  If you are interested in this project you can message me and I'll get it to you when it's completed.  If you like the idea and would also like to help motivate me then my address is below.
SleepMachine

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:47:18 AM

The program I am developing is designed to accomplish the same thing but I am trying to take it a step further.  I am writing a Windows System Service application that will poll the system to see if the user is active.  If not then it will launch the ufasoft miner.  Now that much can be accomplished by the windows task scheduler alone.  The real problem is that I cannot get task scheduler to stop the process when the user resumes activity.  So in comes the necessity of the system service.  In addition to being able to start and stop on user activity, and take advantage of GPU mining, the service will allow one additional benefit.  System services start with the computer and run whether there is a logged on user or not!  Now all you have to do is have the computer turned on to take advantage of it's idle cycles.

Anyway, I am early in development but the process isn't too complex so shouldn't take me too long.  If you are interested in this project you can message me and I'll get it to you when it's completed.  If you like the idea and would also like to help motivate me then my address is below.

Hey Jarred. That sounds exactly like my application "WhileIdle" (see here: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=8403.0 )
except for the service part, which I have planned, but have not yet implemented. I do plan to make it a service in the coming days though.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: