Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:46:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinBourse: the biggest scam in Bitcoin securities today  (Read 9898 times)
Little P 1

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:38:42 PM

Dear Anotheranonlol,

Where do you advise we list then ?

Where will investors be safe ?

Kr,

Malcolm O

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrWDunne

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:53:41 PM

Dear Anotheranonlol,

Kr,

Malcolm O
On the phone to you I advised Havelock, that is probably the best one going.

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:54:32 PM

Dear Anotheranonlol,

Kr,

Malcolm O

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569037.0;all

This is the latest in series of red flags associated with cryptostocks.

As far as safe from owners of exchange like the notorious cs you've currently listed on or god forbid.. Bitcoinbourse which I'm not sure I've heard of anyone ever contemplating trading shares on there, let alone actually taking the leap and risking it. You can choose a decentralised exchange which doesn't have an operator. Something like counterparty.  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.0

Frankly though, and somewhat unfortunately the market isn't really there for decentralised exchanges yet. you won't get a big audience solely listing there. users are more familiar with traditional exchanges like Havelock and seems to treat that like a stamp of approval. That's where you'd get the most volume and the highest chance of quickly raising whatever amount you were after. As far as I know they do at least perform some rudimentary due-diligence and require payment prior to listing any asset, so you calculate which one you'd be more likely to go with. Most scammers stick with CrypoStocks because it's tried and tested.

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:03:19 PM

How does this conversation happen without anybody mentioning the oldest and only serious bitcoin stock exchange, MPEx? If you want to be taken seriously, get listed there.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:19:27 PM

How does this conversation happen without anybody mentioning the oldest and only serious bitcoin stock exchange, MPEx? If you want to be taken seriously, get listed there.

Your being sarcastic right?
Peter Lambert

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:23:03 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 03:33:34 PM by Peter Lambert

Your You're being sarcastic , right?

No, I am being serious.

Maybe I should go into more detail? Havlock seems nice, but their reputation has been damaged by the recent NEOBBQ drama and their own listing, HIF. Cryptostocks is run by a known scammer, bitcoinbourse will let any scammer list. I am not sold on distributed exchanges. That leaves MPEx, the oldest exchange, they have a reputation to uphold, they use solid signed contracts for their listings, and they promote transparency (EG issuing detailed monthly reports instead of quarterly reports which do not include information an investor needs).

mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:30:44 PM

No, I am being serious.

Thanks for the lesson in grammar. The Internet is a much better place with people like you correcting everyone's English.

But seriously, is this like double sarcasm? I can't believe that you are serious

You honestly think the exchange where the only really active stock is the exchange itself is the most serious exchange? You've gotta be kidding.

And hold on, you think that volume is legitimate? You think people are actually investing in that site and the volume isn't faked?

Dude... Seriously?!!
Peter Lambert

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:37:16 PM

No, I am being serious.

Thanks for the lesson in grammar. The Internet is a much better place with people like you correcting everyone's English.

But seriously, is this like double sarcasm? I can't believe that you are serious

You honestly think the exchange where the only really active stock is the exchange itself is the most serious exchange? You've gotta be kidding.

And hold on, you think that volume is legitimate? You think people are actually investing in that site and the volume isn't faked?

Dude... Seriously?!!

You're welcome, I am glad to help you learn to write better.

No, it is not sarcasm (and that is not triple sarcasm either). If I was not being serious I would admit that.

If they were faking volume, why would they only be doing it on one listing instead of all the stocks?

Little P 1

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:38:58 PM

I am a bit uneasy about Havelock because they knew about the problems with NEO far in advanced and did nothing to warn share holders.

I spoke to them warning them about the issues in regards to money laundering, poor governance and the fact that investors did not actually own shares just royalties.

You can hear my note on NEO here

I did actually take a look at http://mpex.co/

Still undecided. Looks complex.

mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:40:16 PM

No, I am being serious.

Dude... Seriously?!!

You're welcome, I am glad to help you learn to write better.

No, it is not sarcasm (and that is not triple sarcasm either). If I was not being serious I would admit that.

If they were faking volume, why would they only be doing it on one listing instead of all the stocks?

Because its their stock? It's allot easier to get away with?

Do you work with or are you friends with MP?

Are you actually Peter lambert or did you buy this account??

Sorry for all the questions but I can't for the life of me understand why you are recommending this exchange. You honestly think millions of dollars each week are traded in MPEx each week? Solely on the stock of the exchange itself?
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:45:17 PM

Still undecided. Looks complex.

That's actually a sane attitude, don't touch something you don't understand, work towards better understanding and decide when you understand enough to do so on logical grounds.
The insane attitude is deciding by following the herd of derps.

mikemikemike it's very dangerous to fake volume or to inflate prices, you run the risk of being beaten to a pulp by the market.
If you decide to inflate the price of your stock and I own some what is to prevent me to sell it to you while you inflate?
In other words, it doesn't make economical sense to fuck with the market if you're here to stay.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:50:35 PM

mikemikemike - when evaluating something it's important to evaluate it in the context of time. Even the most dedicated of scammers pulling off a long-con is smart enough to only waste 6-12 months before ducking. So ask yourself: if it were a scam why not just do a runner ages ago? I mean, it's been in operation for years, there's been plenty of opportunity to pull out ahead of the game and setup a brand new scam all over again.

mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:00:26 PM

mikemikemike - when evaluating something it's important to evaluate it in the context of time. Even the most dedicated of scammers pulling off a long-con is smart enough to only waste 6-12 months before ducking. So ask yourself: if it were a scam why not just do a runner ages ago? I mean, it's been in operation for years, there's been plenty of opportunity to pull out ahead of the game and setup a brand new scam all over again.

But.. But... Millions of pounds traded each week? The largest stock on the exchange is the stock itself. There has been barely any new/good investments on it for years. The site itself looks like a high school project at best. I understand what your saying about time, but has anyone thought that there just simpily isn't enough money on the exchange to run away with? That they are trying to rebuild before doing a runner?

How many people here actually invest on that site? Seriously? Millions of pounds worth of people?

Sorry. I just don't believe it. Every red flag in my head is going absolutely bonkers
Little P 1

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:16:19 PM

Dear Anotheranonlol,

Kr,

Malcolm O

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569037.0;all

This is the latest in series of red flags associated with cryptostocks.

As far as safe from owners of exchange like the notorious cs you've currently listed on or god forbid.. Bitcoinbourse which I'm not sure I've heard of anyone ever contemplating trading shares on there, let alone actually taking the leap and risking it. You can choose a decentralised exchange which doesn't have an operator. Something like counterparty.  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.0

Frankly though, and somewhat unfortunately the market isn't really there for decentralised exchanges yet. you won't get a big audience solely listing there. users are more familiar with traditional exchanges like Havelock and seems to treat that like a stamp of approval. That's where you'd get the most volume and the highest chance of quickly raising whatever amount you were after. As far as I know they do at least perform some rudimentary due-diligence and require payment prior to listing any asset, so you calculate which one you'd be more likely to go with. Most scammers stick with CrypoStocks because it's tried and tested.

Dear Anotheranonlol,

I hope your well.

I really appreciate your feedback.

I don't think ill register on Havelock I don't want to encourage people to get involved with them. Many of our share holders will be new to bitcoin and will simple require a register to prove their ownership.

I will be sure to let them know that its not safe to hold their crypto currency on any exchange for extended periods of time.

We certainly do not leave any funds raised on the exchange.

Kind Regards,

Malcolm O
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:38:00 PM

I have no doubt that Mpex.co isn't a scam, but I would still not like to list there myself.

I think distributed exchanges are the way forward, with firms handling due diligence. Such a company is currently being worked on.

Peter Lambert

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:51:19 PM

Because its their stock? It's allot easier to get away with?

Do you work with or are you friends with MP?

Are you actually Peter lambert or did you buy this account??

Sorry for all the questions but I can't for the life of me understand why you are recommending this exchange. You honestly think millions of dollars each week are traded in MPEx each week? Solely on the stock of the exchange itself?

The guy who runs MPEx is also closely involved in one way or another with many of the other listings there, I see no reason it would be any easier to fake volume of S.MPOE than S.BBET.

I do not work with MP any more than being an investor in some of his companies (and I have a link to CoinBR in my sig in case other people want to invest too).

Yes, I am actually Peter Lambert. (But if I wasn't, that is what I would say too! If you really want, I could gpg sign something or sign with one of my bitcoin addresses proving I am who I say).

There seem to be a few early adopters who have invested in MPEx, early adopters are all sitting on mountains of bitcoins, as everybody knows.

But.. But... Millions of pounds traded each week? The largest stock on the exchange is the stock itself. There has been barely any new/good investments on it for years. The site itself looks like a high school project at best. I understand what your saying about time, but has anyone thought that there just simpily isn't enough money on the exchange to run away with? That they are trying to rebuild before doing a runner?

How many people here actually invest on that site? Seriously? Millions of pounds worth of people?

Sorry. I just don't believe it. Every red flag in my head is going absolutely bonkers

Think of it this way: If you had hundreds of bitcoins, would you invest with the anonymous guy with a flashy website that lets anybody in and changes terms constantly and suffers from periodic security breaches, or would you invest with somebody who gives out their identity, focuses on ironclad security from the beginning, and sets terms in signed contracts and sticks with those terms? The website is functional; when dealing in hundreds or thousands of bitcoins, security and function are much more important than how it looks.

And, to continue fixing grammar:

Dear Anotheranonlol,

I hope your well has some water in it.

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:44:31 PM

Another thing to bear in mind is that not all scammers start out meaning to scam. They have good intentions sometimes, but not enough knowledge about security, and end up getting hacked or worse.

Or they think they have a great business idea, but will not listen to critiques, and end up losing investors' money, but keeping the Rolls Royce for themselves.

Havelol is floundering, has lost money 2 months running and probably won't last the year out.
Cryptoshocks and bitconbourse have been adequately exposed itt and others.
Decentralised exchanges don't make sense. You need a human to run a business. It is a human activity.

So please, new bitcoin entrepreneurs, remember you are not special and different, your ideas have been heard many times and they have all failed. Read about these failures in this very forum.

For now, in the bitcoin world, you only have one way of succeeding rather than ending up ripping people off.

First, do your reading. Then swallow your pride, mask your distaste and ask Mr. Popescu and his team 'What's next?'

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:42:50 PM

Decentralised exchanges don't make sense. You need a human to run a business. It is a human activity.

next you'll be telling me decentralised currencies are nonsensical too and we require bank managers because thats a human activity.  Smiley

You've not eliminated the  requirement for undertaking adequate due diligence prior to investment (asset issuer can still go ahead and steal investors coins) but you don't run the risk of exchange operator running fractional reserve, being shuttered by team america world police, getting hot/cold wallets emptied and crying we've been hackd!1 etc, because you're dealing with a protocol; that's benefits talking about here.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 08:32:18 PM

next you'll be telling me decentralised currencies are nonsensical too and we require bank managers because thats a human activity.  Smiley

You've not eliminated the  requirement for undertaking adequate due diligence prior to investment (asset issuer can still go ahead and steal investors coins) but you don't run the risk of exchange operator running fractional reserve, being shuttered by team america world police, getting hot/cold wallets emptied and crying we've been hackd!1 etc, because you're dealing with a protocol; that's benefits talking about here.

OTOH it's reassuring to deal with an exchange that's obviously picky about the things it lists

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:38:52 PM

MPEx is a scam, and this is one of his shells. The owner of MPEx has multiple aliases that he posts boosting his own image. The first post "Peter Lambert" posted on this thread, was a copy paste they have posted on other security threads before.

MPEx is being investigated by the SEC, and there is a fair chance the MPEx owner will be charged and extradited in the next year or so. Google it, there are a few articles about it. Not to mention the ridiculous 30 BTC fee, and a site that looks like its pre 2000.

Havelock is the best exchange, the NeoBee is a big loss, but you cannot put that solely on havelock. They have a great interface + fair fees. Personally, I like cryptostocks except for the amount of scams on it, use a good password + 2FA and your account should be good to go. I also like litecoininvest, but its LTC only at the moment.

Cheers
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: