Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Question
Option 1
Option 2

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: imsaguy's Enormously Interesting Extended Investment Opportunity  (Read 24960 times)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 10:33:10 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2012, 10:43:17 PM by Otoh

Just a quick query..  I have more opportunities and could use additional capital.  What would motivate a person to invest or if already invested, to invest more?  Would a flat rate be the better route?
That and make it more aware you have availability over Skype. I always end up going through INAU because I know I'll be able to push a deposit out to him for arb within the tight time constraints I have to make a 30D loan off a 32D deposit.

Noted. What else?

A web site that shows by date investor's BTC in, interest paid & rate, current balance or at the very least fortnightly updates on this otherwise it just feel like you've put x BTC in to a black hole with no feedback of what's going on with your funds, peeps like to see the growth with regular updates in order for them to be confident that it's still all ticking over nicely

& yep, a fixed rate from day one, with if you need - then a min deposit & commitment time, would be simpler & for me more appealing

edit: or banded interest rates

< 100 BTC = x% per week
< 250 BTC = y% per week
< 500 BTC = z% per week
> 1,000 BTC = 10% per week   Tongue Wink

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:02:56 PM

Just a quick query..  I have more opportunities and could use additional capital.  What would motivate a person to invest or if already invested, to invest more?  Would a flat rate be the better route?

Well maybe if I somehow had a guarantee that you wouldn't disappear suddenly with my money then I would invest more. Not saying I don't trust you but if I were to invest let's way $1000 (which is a decent amount of money) I need to have some kind of guarantee that some dude on some forums won't just disappear on me. Not a trust issue, just need some assurance.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:05:07 PM

Just a quick query..  I have more opportunities and could use additional capital.  What would motivate a person to invest or if already invested, to invest more?  Would a flat rate be the better route?

Well maybe if I somehow had a guarantee that you wouldn't disappear suddenly with my money then I would invest more. Not saying I don't trust you but if I were to invest let's way $1000 (which is a decent amount of money) I need to have some kind of guarantee that some dude on some forums won't just disappear on me. Not a trust issue, just need some assurance.
I've met Nick. I do not believe I would have trouble sitting on him until he repays, which he can do with his cell-phone, so as long as his arms/hands/fingers are not immobilized by my immense girth, we would even be able to wait for a confirmation.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:07:29 PM

An observation given my investment is around week nine.  If the rates get changed or increased (which seems to be the suggestion) I would have to presume the old investments would be upgraded.

Therefore, from a selfish point of view, a bonus for early adopters like you originally set out seems fair.
hongus

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:09:36 PM

I've met Nick. I do not believe I would have trouble sitting on him until he repays, which he can do with his cell-phone, so as long as his arms/hands/fingers are not immobilized by my immense girth, we would even be able to wait for a confirmation.

Okay sounds good lol. Also a side note I thought you signature said buy my grandma!

slider1978

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:11:49 PM

You might even just do a private google spreadsheet at first just to show an investors deposit and projected dividends before a web site is available.

Personally for me I'm still expanding my operation and currently saving less and spending more
hongus

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:28:51 PM

Also I just noticed you changed the minimum to 25 btc. I currently have 10. Can you please not kick me out? I'll invest more eventually if you just let me stay Sad

REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:48:05 PM

increasing 1% every 2 periods is very slow. Id be happy and want to invest more if it was 1% every period until you reach a max limit. it would still take 10weeks. A weekly/biweekly pm letting us know how much me have invested and how much divided is payout would be nice.

It would be more work but perhaps make some short term investment plans. There seems to be a few guys around who like short term plans.
1 week = 2%
1 month = 8%
2 months = 15%
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:53:53 PM

just my .02BTC

1. Change to a weekly rate so you are on the same time frame as almost all the other investments.

2. Do higher rates for amount deposited rather than length of the account being open.

3. I'll second the update emails/PMs with dividend or interest that gets reinvested. A spreadsheet with anonymous user identification may work as well.
der_meister

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 06:59:21 AM

+1 Anonymous google spreadsheet sounds good to me Smiley The site is more complex and needs more work and time.

About the rates, I don't have any preferences or suggestions. We already have some deposits/investments with flat rate, why not this to be something different? Smiley After 6 months the result is identical (or even better if the period is more than 6 months).

I trust Nick, and I hope things will going smooth for long period of time. Would be good for him and for us. Cool

Moving on is a simple thing,
what it leaves behind is hard...
imsaguy (OP)
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 10:57:52 PM

Thank you for all the feedback.

First off, I have availability via skype under the same screenname as here. I'm usually found on IRC through the day/night.  PMs on the forums are sent to my email which are sent to my phone.

Second, my investments aren't an arb opportunity with any of the other major lenders.  While I might do short term loans to some of the big guys, its only as a favor to help them out, not as a long term investment.  I do maintain a certain reserve of BTC to use as a slush fund and to cover other incidentals.

Third, I'm going to implement a shared Google Doc spreadsheet with private worksheets for each lender.

Fourth, I'm inclined towards fixed periods of time for investments.  If I can plan for withdrawals, it means I can maintain less of a sitting slush and have it invested better which ultimately means increased revenue.

What sort of guarantee would work for you?

An observation given my investment is around week nine.  If the rates get changed or increased (which seems to be the suggestion) I would have to presume the old investments would be upgraded.

Therefore, from a selfish point of view, a bonus for early adopters like you originally set out seems fair.

I concur.

increasing 1% every 2 periods is very slow. Id be happy and want to invest more if it was 1% every period until you reach a max limit. it would still take 10weeks. A weekly/biweekly pm letting us know how much me have invested and how much divided is payout would be nice.

It would be more work but perhaps make some short term investment plans. There seems to be a few guys around who like short term plans.
1 week = 2%
1 month = 8%
2 months = 15%

Is that 15% for the 2 months? If so, that's less than investing 8% for a single month.

I trust Nick, and I hope things will going smooth for long period of time. Would be good for him and for us. Cool

Thanks!

I posted a poll, please vote. 

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 01:44:47 PM

1 week = 2%
1 month = 8%
2 months = 15%

Is that 15% for the 2 months? If so, that's less than investing 8% for a single month.  
[/quote]

Ya. I was just trying to make up some numbers for short term investment plans. I guess 20% might of been better. Im actually wouldn't go for those plans myself but some might.

I voted for By duration of deposit.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:05:12 PM

hi, could I have an update please - I don't mind if it's public or not, with initial amount invested on 2012 02 05, each interest payment amount with rate & date paid & so the current balances, many thanks - no rush

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
imsaguy (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 04:24:22 PM

hi, could I have an update please - I don't mind if it's public or not, with initial amount invested on 2012 02 05, each interest payment amount with rate & date paid & so the current balances, many thanks - no rush

Sent pm

EIEIO:

RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 08:19:21 PM

Watching. 

Care to share a bit more about what one is actually investing in to be able to generate the rates you offer?

Trading and mining with a few side things going on.  Nothing illegal, but sharing kills the competitive advantage.

I have a suggestion: I think you should release regular encrypted reports about how you are investing the funds, and then maybe 1-3 months later, you can release the decryption key.  Depending on the type of opportunities you have, you may be able to do this without risking your competitive advantage (because of the large time delay).

I am possibly interested in putting money in, but more so, I have wanted to see this reporting method in action ever since it was suggested to Zhou as a way of reporting on the Bitcoinica order book without jeopardizing customers' positions.   More transparency would definitely make this investment more attractive, however.
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 09:05:47 PM

imsaguy,

something seems to be wrong with your mail forwarder. Could you please check for my recent PMs?

You wanted to come back with conditions for longer term (bond or CD like) investments more than a week ago. With you not reacting on my inquiries I put larger portions of my coins to hashking but still need to dump some more.

Could you please clarify if you're still interested in ~100BTC over a longer investment period? Thanks.

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 01:44:54 AM

I find this interesting.

imsaguy (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 02:09:09 AM

imsaguy,

something seems to be wrong with your mail forwarder. Could you please check for my recent PMs?

You wanted to come back with conditions for longer term (bond or CD like) investments more than a week ago. With you not reacting on my inquiries I put larger portions of my coins to hashking but still need to dump some more.

Could you please clarify if you're still interested in ~100BTC over a longer investment period? Thanks.

My apologies, let me go back to my pms.  You may have just got lost in the shuffle, I do usually respond ASAP.

EIEIO:

hongus

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 06:35:58 AM

WHERE IS MAH SPREADSHEET

edit: tbh I really could care less about it but I felt like stirring up some shit

imsaguy (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2012, 08:39:24 PM

Dividends will be going out in a few hours, I haven't forgotten.

EIEIO:

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: