Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:58:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An American Horror Story  (Read 1770 times)
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 07:18:24 PM

http://www.esquire.com/features/waffle-house-terrorists-0212

4 old men with time on their hands meet a persuasive young militiaman and now face the rest of their lives behind bars.  Some will say they were gullible fools but I wonder if this is a case of the war of terror manufacturing "terrorists" to justify its budgets.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 07:55:24 PM

So GW Bush creates the largest governmental organization in history. An entity dedicated to to fighting organizations that are expertly matched to resisting such entities.  Of coursed DHS is primarily staffed by people who wouldn't know a terrorist from shinola. How long could such an entity exist before they get bored of not finding terrorists? Solution? Make terrorists.
I think the problem is that the mindset of a terrorist is so different than the sophomoric, absolutist thinking of a TSA employee that they have no clue how to catch them. All they do is react to the last attack. For example, one incompetent jihadi puts a bomb in his shoe and every person on the planet now has to remove their shoes at the airport. These measures are laughable to people in the know. It is just a feeble attempt to help people feel safe. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 04:40:22 AM

For example, one incompetent jihadi puts a bomb in his shoe and every person on the planet now has to remove their shoes at the airport.

Nope, just in America. Other countries I traveled to don't give a shit.
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 07:55:40 AM

For example, one incompetent jihadi puts a bomb in his shoe and every person on the planet now has to remove their shoes at the airport.

He is right.  The shoes is an exclusively American thing.  In the UK, its fizzy drinks that cause panic.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:59:51 AM

Funny story, I carried a skateboard (just the board) on my backpack, clearly visible of course, from Orlando to Newark, and from there to Lisbon. No sweat, not even worth notice... Trying to catch a connection flight in Lisbon I was informed I could not carry the board in the cabin, because it is considered a dangerous item! My laptop is both heavier and has sharper corners, but did they care?

On the bright side, I didn't have to take off my shoes.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 11:19:49 AM

I did get the shoe-removal treatment when I travelled to Philippines two years ago too. Wonder they still do that nowadays.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 11:36:56 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 05:37:09 PM by memvola

I did get the shoe-removal treatment when I travelled to Philippines two years ago too. Wonder they still do that nowadays.

I think other countries try to imitate the US, but it's too much fuss. I had to remove my shoes in the Netherlands and Turkey, but only in one occasion. Maybe in the US, there are at least some people who don't think it's only for show?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 03:41:30 PM

I was really hoping that after the underwear bomber we would all have to remove our pants, but, alas, technology killed that dream.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 06:58:32 PM

The last 4 flights I took within other countries required me to take off my shoes twice! Once entering the airport and another entering the security zone. It may not be everywhere, but it is in a lot of countries.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 10:48:41 PM

There is a way to fix this problem, of course the majority will be too inconvenienced to actually do it. Stop paying for such terrible service. Once the large transportation companies start losing revenue, they will lobby congress to get rid of silly rules.

Problem is there aren't many alternatives to flying. In some situations, there aren't any at all.
Mellivora

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 05:32:34 AM

[/quote]

Maybe in the US, there are at least some people who don't think it's only for show?

[/quote]

I fear that it is more "conditioning" than a show.
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 12:32:49 PM

I was really hoping that after the underwear bomber we would all have to remove our pants, but, alas, technology killed that dream.

So let's wait for internal cavity bomber Grin That would make security checks intresting...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
anu
Legendary

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 01:15:12 PM

OMG, what will you have to remove if they ever find out that one incompetent jihadi put a bomb into his bowels.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 01:22:31 PM

OMG, what will you have to remove if they ever find out that one incompetent jihadi put a bomb into his bowels.

You will have to take epsom salts and do a crap on a TSA supplied toilet. ie youll have to evacuate your bowels while sitting in a bodyscanner.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 01:24:14 PM

But why get on the flight when you can just take out hundreds of people in line waiting to be scanned with an IED ?

ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:59:58 AM

There is a way to fix this problem, of course the majority will be too inconvenienced to actually do it. Stop paying for such terrible service. Once the large transportation companies start losing revenue, they will lobby congress to get rid of silly rules.

Problem is there aren't many alternatives to flying. In some situations, there aren't any at all.

I'm on a boat  Grin

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 10:51:43 AM

I'm on a boat  Grin

Got your flippy floppies Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: