I've created a new keyboard layout for Windows (Win2000-Win7) with the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator
(link in case you want to do it yourself). This is the standard US keyboard layout, except when you press CTRL or RIGHT-ALT, you get some new options:
We know Shift+4 is the dollar sign; now CTRL+4 or RightAlt+4 gets you ฿! CTRL+NumPad "." is also ฿ (some programs like Firefox reserve CTRL+Numbers). In addition, the other currency symbols are available as shown above.
- installer for all platforms (unzip to it's own directory) (253k)
1. Simply run the setup.exe after unzipping, you'll get a success message when it is done:
2. In the Control Panel, Choose "Region and Language" (Vista and Win7, shown) or "Regional and Language Options" (WinXP). Press "Change Keyboards" on the "Keyboards and Languages" tab (Vista and Win7), or "Details" on the "Languages" tab (XP):
3. In the "Default Input Language" dropdown list, you will have a new option! Select it and press "OK".
4. You are now ready to type ฿! You do not need to restart Windows, but any applications will need to be re-opened for your new keyboard combos to work.
PS. You should never download and install programs on your computer with Bitcoin, but you can trust me, really!