Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:55:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask Amazon for Bitcoin Payments  (Read 11865 times)
makebitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:45:22 PM

I will write them an email, we can only try!
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:49:10 PM

We can make an online petition for this, or we can make a group and take with their representatives.

We must try and I believe, we can succeed.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:47:11 AM

If you give them a call it would be much more effective.

It is very easy to send an email. It takes more time to place a call.

The same is true that it is very easy to ignore an email but is not as easy to ignore a phone call.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:13:23 AM

If you give them a call it would be much more effective.

It is very easy to send an email. It takes more time to place a call.

The same is true that it is very easy to ignore an email but is not as easy to ignore a phone call.
Just hit them up on facebook and will try placing a call and speaking to a live body as well.  I know they are already considering implementing this feature but couldn't hurt to light a little fire under their arses :p

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:29:11 AM

I think it would be helpful if a lot of the merchants who sell things through Amazon.com requested that they add BTC as a payment option (in addition to us customers asking)...
bitgold

Activity: 353

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:33:43 AM

I think it would be helpful if a lot of the merchants who sell things through Amazon.com requested that they add BTC as a payment option (in addition to us customers asking)...
+1.
That should be more effective.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:37:19 AM

Well if you can prove that Amazon did it
But neatness would be had if acquiring amazon becomes self fufilling
Get this on  Cheesy

validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:44:33 AM

I believe that rather than picking up the begging bowl and standing in front of big names such as Amazon and Ebay, we should focus more on the mid-sized and small-sized merchants. We don't need Amazon.

i second that, if we can focus on those small businesses and when those businesses grow and become real threats to amazon then they will have to find a way to integrate bitcoin.

Treggar

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:07:07 AM

I've just been using gyft.com to buy things from amazon with btc.

I get a couple bucks off each purchase because every time I buy a gift card from there I use the points from the previous purchase.
asimoshe

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:55:18 PM

I've just been using gyft.com to buy things from amazon with btc.

I get a couple bucks off each purchase because every time I buy a gift card from there I use the points from the previous purchase.
The gyfy.com site sounds amazing! I will definetly use it!
Who owns this site?
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:35:19 PM

I believe that rather than picking up the begging bowl and standing in front of big names such as Amazon and Ebay, we should focus more on the mid-sized and small-sized merchants. We don't need Amazon.

i second that, if we can focus on those small businesses and when those businesses grow and become real threats to amazon then they will have to find a way to integrate bitcoin.

These big business have the ability to reach the masses. Small and medium sized businesses have much less of an ability to reach many people.
validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:27:16 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 01:21:35 PM by validium

These big business have the ability to reach the masses. Small and medium sized businesses have much less of an ability to reach many people.

Well if these big businesses wont integrate bitcoin then our only hope is these small ones.

"You have to start at the bottom to get to the top"

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:51:22 PM

Don't say that only the big business have the ability to reach the masses. If we combine ten medium and small sized businesses, then their reach will be equal to that of one giant-sized business.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:08:52 AM

Don't say that only the big business have the ability to reach the masses. If we combine ten medium and small sized businesses, then their reach will be equal to that of one giant-sized business.

You would need a lot more then 10 medium sized businesses then one "blue chip" business.

Over the long run we do need small businesses to adopt to bitcoin but in the short run it is best if large businesses start to accept bitcoin as that would increase public awareness and eventually get small businesses to accept it to compete

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CryptoKenzi

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:45:44 AM

Check out this Twitter...  "@amazon just sent me an email saying they will accept Bitcoin "

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/464778590161485825

I just retweeted this and followed you! I agree that we need to get as many people as possible to send emails! I think that is a better way to have all of our voices heard, instead of signing a petition. I say this because it is way easier to ignore/neglect/forget about one single document (even if it includes 10,000 names), rather than non-stop emails by individual customers. By flooding their emails with our request for accepting Bitcoins as a form of payment, they will be able to visually grasp the multitude of potential customers that want this (meaning $$), or they will just get sick of us emailing them all the time, either way Bitcoins will be accepted and I will be one happy girl Grin BTCBTCBTC
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:54:43 AM

You would need a lot more then 10 medium sized businesses then one "blue chip" business.

Over the long run we do need small businesses to adopt to bitcoin but in the short run it is best if large businesses start to accept bitcoin as that would increase public awareness and eventually get small businesses to accept it to compete

May be. But if the large companies notice that the smaller ones are gaining from the adoption of Bitcoin (lower fees, more revenue), then they will also consider about doing the same.
jupppo (OP)

Activity: 385
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:59:43 AM

I know it ia probably a nogo for a forum to post rumors, but I have heard from a friend who works now for a big bitcoin payment provider, that a team of consultants has been dispatched to amazon. Signs are really looking good. If bitcoin hits amazon, that would be the final break through....
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:06:00 AM

Personally I never bought at Amazon because they only accept credit cards.

Once they accept bitcoin I might consider amazon.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:20:29 AM

I know it ia probably a nogo for a forum to post rumors, but I have heard from a friend who works now for a big bitcoin payment provider, that a team of consultants has been dispatched to amazon. Signs are really looking good. If bitcoin hits amazon, that would be the final break through....
You haven't been much in this forum, have you? Wink

I pay via direct debit(not sure, if that is the right word) and I am fine with that.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 11:59:18 AM

In other words: any retailer that accepts Bitcoin will have more customers. I'm limiting myself to online transactions because of the need of a CC.
I usually message Amazon/Ebay/other after a purchase that I'd rather use Bitcoin.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: