Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:25:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it normal for coinbase?  (Read 1463 times)
phuong (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:31:10 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 09:19:50 PM by phuong

Lvl 2 user,except Visa credit card Undecided

Absolutely no help from support,just talking the same.

Is it normal for coinbase to do such tricks? Huh

http://shutter.io/img/ehwkfp/raw

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eatingtic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:56:04 PM

So what was the actual response from support?

post what they said in the email.

Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:01:38 AM

I've never had anything like that happen to me. Do any of your transactions list the reason why they were canceled?

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
phuong (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:03:54 AM

So what was the actual response from support?

post what they said in the email.

Don't have it anymore,but it was something like "We can't do anything with it.Try again later"
phuong (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:10:26 AM

I've never had anything like that happen to me. Do any of your transactions list the reason why they were canceled?
Every transaction was cancelled due to high risk. They don't send bitcoins on high risk transactions.
Dare

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:14:21 AM

Every transaction was cancelled due to high risk. They don't send bitcoins on high risk transactions.

I heard a lot about that a few months ago, but they've improved their detection algorithm since then. You can try emailing support and ask to be whitelisted, but past that I'm not sure if there's anything you can do. I've never had that problem with them, so I didn't look too closely into the resolution of it back when it was more common. If you do a few searches for "coinbase high risk" you may be able to find something useful however.

How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
phuong (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:24:50 AM

I heard a lot about that a few months ago, but they've improved their detection algorithm since then. You can try emailing support and ask to be whitelisted, but past that I'm not sure if there's anything you can do. I've never had that problem with them, so I didn't look too closely into the resolution of it back when it was more common. If you do a few searches for "coinbase high risk" you may be able to find something useful however.
Just did google search for the keywords you wrote. Didn't expect to see so many negative feedbacks Shocked  I'm not alone with this. And who is Olaf? There was a message that he can help me.
lapah

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:53:15 AM

Go to their reddit page for coinbase, or email support to be whitelisted.

It seems like more are buying large amounts after that.
Dare

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:25:18 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 01:56:00 AM by Dare

Just did google search for the keywords you wrote. Didn't expect to see so many negative feedbacks Shocked  I'm not alone with this. And who is Olaf? There was a message that he can help me.

A lot of people were getting hit with high-risk transaction failures a few months ago, hence the number of search results. /u/-Olaf- on Reddit is on Coinbase's support team, he was whitelisting people with issues back then but his account seems inactive now since he hasn't posted anything in about a month. Sending support an email requesting to be whitelisted is most likely the best (and fastest) option, though it may take a day or two depending on their response time.

How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
mayacoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:28:53 AM

This is normal Grin
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:02:57 PM

Never hpened to me
Wonder if increasing volumes are fraying processes

batmanbad

Activity: 270

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:20:40 PM

This is normal? so how do you get out of it?

Anyone got a link? about more details of this process?
phuong (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:27:52 PM

Made a ticket that contained a link to this thread and got this response:
Daniel replied:
Hi Phuong,
I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I've escalated your ticket - you should receive another response soon.

Still hoping that someone from coinbase will help me Smiley
monim1

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:11:04 PM

It seems unusual to me. Coinbase is the most popular place. I think you need to contact with support team again
phuong (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:11:16 PM

Nothing new Angry
Alex replied:
Hi there, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

It looks like your transaction was canceled due to appearing high risk, and if you were charged a refund has been sent to your bank account. All of our risk analysis is performed by our self-learning risk-detection algorithm. Coinbase is constantly under attack by scammers attempting to defraud us of Bitcoin, and as a result we've been forced to implement automated security measures in an effort to protect the community and our site.

I know this must be frustrating to happen, but unfortunately we cannot yet guarantee the completion of every bitcoin order or the verification of every account due to the high risk nature of selling bitcoin online. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
goodhamh

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:19:47 PM

They dont explain how you can gain a bigger spending limit?

Thats some bull crap.
phuong (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:22:16 PM

They dont explain how you can gain a bigger spending limit?

Thats some bull crap.

Don't know what else can i do to get it fixed Undecided Also created a topic at reddit as it was recommended a few posts earlier.
dumbdragon

Activity: 588
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:58:39 PM

Damn, I never really use coinbase cause of localbitcoins, but wow thats gotta suck.

How do they do business then??

What if you were super rich lol.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:40:34 AM

hmmmm maybe they were trying to lose money due to prices dropping and going up, thats what they are known for.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
phuong (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:45:11 AM

Alex from coinbase doesn't respond to my questions anymore Lips sealed They think that everything is normal,just a few transactions canceled,nothing more,so please be aware of this,don't give them your financial and other information. How can i delete my coinbase account and the info that they have on me?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: