Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:09:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQUEST] 500 bitcoin loan - 600 bitcoins repaid over 90 days  (Read 1943 times)
rotrot (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 09:04:00 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 06:35:41 AM by rotrot

I recently moved into a space that provides electricity at $0.03 a kw/h. Id like to start a bitcoin mining farm but have limited resources (college student) and would like to get a short term loan to get me started on the right foot.

I have 4000.00 dollars of my own money (Winter quarter student loan) but would like to begin with 10 rigs. Ive got a ventilated room with 120 amps of 220v power and a server rack. My planned system will have a (very) conservative estimated hashrate of <13,000 Mhash/s.

Ive spent considerable time pricing equipment and would be happy to provide you with my order information and frequent updates as to the status of the operation.

Im very comfortable with my ability to manage this type of system. Im able to run a linux box and received my Network+ certification in 2007.

Id like to repay the loan with 60 daily payments of 10 bitcoins per day beginning 30 days after initiation of the loan.

Although I am new to the forum I do have an ebay account with lots of positive feedback. I am a Junior in college with a near perfect GPA.

I have a very good condition 2003 Buell Firebolt that I could put up as collateral. We can draw up an agreement and Ill have it notarized and sent to you.

Please PM me with any further requirements, suggestions, or questions. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 09:09:28 AM

You'll need more certification and authentication before anyone would borrow that kind of money (e.g.:ID's, your physical location and stuff, otc ratings...).
rotrot (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 09:12:33 AM

You'll need more certification and authentication before anyone would borrow that kind of money (e.g.:ID's, your physical location and stuff, otc ratings...).
Sure thing. I live in Mountlake Terrace, WA. Ive got plenty of ID. I could also put up my 2003 Buell Firebolt as collateral.
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:12:24 PM

Well, I guess your what they would call an entrepreneur. However, your student loan is for your school. You wouldn't want to become another drop-out billionaire, would you?  Grin

But if I may, start out requesting a little less. Don't go for the whole 10 rigs at once. Start with 1 or 2 and build from there. Use some of that education and post a plan on your repayment method. (i.e. At current difficulty with the proposed rigs, it is expected that an income of X BTC per day at Y MH/s using Pool Z.

Basically, Sell it man, Sell it.

Or slowly build up some decent reputation on here and the -otc before asking for about $3000.00

BTW: Was any of that student loan tax payer backed ?  If so, I want some of those MH/s back.  Grin

Best Regards,

The Bear

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:55:39 PM

Why not try the GLBSE, float your mining operation there and see if the market supports your credentials enough to fund this for you.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

BTW there seems to be a few miners getting out and wanting to sell there entire setups at a discount here and there on the forum.  If I were to want to increase my mining operation or start a new one I would look seriously at some of those dumping there stuff.  You might be able to pick up some rigs very cheap.  Just check around the forums here.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 10:18:14 PM

PM'd
rotrot (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 06:35:04 AM

I recently moved into a space that provides electricity at $0.03 a kw/h. Id like to start a bitcoin mining farm but have limited resources (college student) and would like to get a short term loan to get me started on the right foot.

I have 4000.00 dollars of my own money (Winter quarter student loan) but would like to begin with 10 rigs. Ive got a ventilated room with 120 amps of 220v power and a server rack. My planned system will have a (very) conservative estimated hashrate of <13,000 Mhash/s.

Ive spent considerable time pricing equipment and would be happy to provide you with my order information and frequent updates as to the status of the operation.

Im very comfortable with my ability to manage this type of system. Im able to run a linux box and received my Network+ certification in 2007.

Id like to repay the loan with 60 daily payments of 10 bitcoins per day beginning 30 days after initiation of the loan.

Although I am new to the forum I do have an ebay account with lots of positive feedback. I am a Junior in college with a near perfect GPA.

Please PM me with any further requirements, suggestions, or questions. Thanks!

Id also like to add that I have a very good condition 2003 Buell Firebolt that I could put up as collateral. We can draw up an agreement and Ill have it notarized and sent to you.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 07:39:05 AM

Dunno what Chung offered, but I would consider splitting this loan with him. I'd want a scan of state ID, at least two people I can call for references (preferably family members -- don't worry, I won't be asking any penetrating questions or trying to explain Bitcoins to them), and a scan of your electricity bill. The loan is also below typical lending rates for this board, but for a longer duration, which means lenders like me will have our money tied up longer, and losing out on interest which should otherwise be compounding. I'd like to know what you're studying for, if you don't mind.

I can also do this loan in PPUSD or DwollaUSD, so long as we agree on a USD/BTC exchange rate and you know you'd pay back in BTC.
rotrot (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 09:58:50 PM

Dunno what Chung offered, but I would consider splitting this loan with him. I'd want a scan of state ID, at least two people I can call for references (preferably family members -- don't worry, I won't be asking any penetrating questions or trying to explain Bitcoins to them), and a scan of your electricity bill. The loan is also below typical lending rates for this board, but for a longer duration, which means lenders like me will have our money tied up longer, and losing out on interest which should otherwise be compounding. I'd like to know what you're studying for, if you don't mind.

I can also do this loan in PPUSD or DwollaUSD, so long as we agree on a USD/BTC exchange rate and you know you'd pay back in BTC.

Pm'd, Thanks!
rotrot (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 11:58:37 PM

Kluge has fulfilled half of the loan. I'm still seeking another 250 so if you are interested please get back to me. Thanks, Patrick
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 01:29:22 AM

Kluge has fulfilled half of the loan. I'm still seeking another 250 so if you are interested please get back to me. Thanks, Patrick

Sorting a couple of things - I'll be back to you.
dollartrader

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 08:14:51 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2012, 08:23:00 AM by dollartrader

Bump. Payments should start today.

Receiving payment address:
1HvefMM9aLrWZwaw45BduEzZRpmzoLzMR3

Edit: payment received~

Edit 3/7/2012 - Paying as agreed.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 03:05:25 AM

This post confirms rotrot paid back the portion of loan due to me in full and early. Great lending to him!  Smiley
dollartrader

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 12:57:21 PM

Paid in full 5/9/12

Refinanced a small portion towards end of term. Then paid refinanced portion in full earlier than agreed. Good communication throughout.

+1 rotrot
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: