Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:30:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation members are resigning!  (Read 8318 times)
Xtib (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:18:08 PM

Unfortunately I must resign as an individual member of the Bitcoin Foundation.  Reasons are many, but the following are salient:
Charlie Shrem engaging in alleged money laundering and associated crimes.
Mark Karpeles misappropriating people's money to the tune of millions.
Brock Pierce being associated with alleged pedophilia. (Now newly elected to an industry seat)
This is not the direction this foundation needs to take.  The foundation members need to emulate very high moral values and ethics in business and in personal dealings, especially as it involves money.  So far, the track record of prominent Bitcoin Foundation members has been abysmal.  I know that most foundation members are probably swell people and are not like this.  However, the acts of a few, have overshadowed us all unfortunately.

I no longer want to be associated with these people.

It is my wish that as the Bitcoin Foundation lay in ashes, another organization can rise up from these ashes and take its proper place representing the great idea that is bitcoin.

I would also like to thank all the hard work and volunteers who have coded Bitcoin Core, various other projects, and came up with some very creative ideas to deal with various problems.  You are awesome.

Goodbye and Best Wishes,

Patrick

Don't just walk away from the Bitcoin Foundation post you resignation at the link below.
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/951-post-your-bitcoin-foundation-resignations-here/

Xtib
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:26:23 PM

Unfortunately I must resign as an individual member of the Bitcoin Foundation.  Reasons are many, but the following are salient:
Charlie Shrem engaging in alleged money laundering and associated crimes.
Mark Karpeles misappropriating people's money to the tune of millions.
Brock Pierce being associated with alleged pedophilia. (Now newly elected to an industry seat)
This is not the direction this foundation needs to take.  The foundation members need to emulate very high moral values and ethics in business and in personal dealings, especially as it involves money.  So far, the track record of prominent Bitcoin Foundation members has been abysmal.  I know that most foundation members are probably swell people and are not like this.  However, the acts of a few, have overshadowed us all unfortunately.

I no longer want to be associated with these people.

It is my wish that as the Bitcoin Foundation lay in ashes, another organization can rise up from these ashes and take its proper place representing the great idea that is bitcoin.

I would also like to thank all the hard work and volunteers who have coded Bitcoin Core, various other projects, and came up with some very creative ideas to deal with various problems.  You are awesome.

Goodbye and Best Wishes,

Patrick

Don't just walk away from the Bitcoin Foundation post you resignation at the link below.
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/951-post-your-bitcoin-foundation-resignations-here/

Xtib

@Xtib Are you Patrick ... just asking

Campsis

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

WW3

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:37:27 PM

They have been given opportunity to do something good for the bitcoin community and used it to their advantange. Typical human being  Huh

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:40:52 PM

Bitcoin Foundation Member s   is Resigning*

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 05:33:09 PM

Bitcoin Foundation Member s   is Resigning*
This.

Lot of FUD going down this week, probably because BTC is slowly creeping back up the exchange rate... they know what's coming and they're afraid... they'll be desperate soon. Followed by hopeless.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
russokai

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:55:52 PM

"alleged"
"alleged"
"alleged"
"alleged"
"alleged"
"alleged"

I love how this guy wants to convict people himself and doesn't want to be associated with anyone who has even been ACCUSED of a crime.

Don't you get that is what the gov'ts and Power Elite want...they want to get people on trumped up and false charges and have the sheep run away.

We don't need Patrick on the Foundation...good riddance
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:03:27 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 06:28:30 PM by franky1

title rechange

a member unsubscribes

resignation makes you think he is employed, which is not the case. also those with morals that are leaving, will just concentrate the immoral that stay, thus it will become more biased towards a more immoral path they take.

my real question. apart from paying a few devs to help secure bitcoin-core. what has the foundation done?
have they attended the latest lobby meeting in which mastercard reps went to?
apart from just explaining what bitcoin is to government bodies have they actually been involved in changing laws to be less draconian?

most videos of official government hearings have just been waffle about how bitcoin is great and has potential, but was very lacking in any actual material/plans of action. to make bitcoin more legally acceptable for common man on the street.

its not a "here is what we will do to make businesses more ethical and approachable so you dont need to whip us"
its more "we are nice people dont whip us, we wont hurt anyone, and we wont also get involved with anyone that hurts others either(ignoring)"

bitcoin spokesmen seem to be more submissive rather than dominant about the law. so i view the foundation as just employers of the bitcoin-core crew and a bunch of time wasting pubic faces that talk alot but do not actually have any goals, plans or achievements.

basically i s this as the history of TBF
launch: membership fee's help half baked commitments of TBF become a reality to help the community

now:  the reality of community membership fee's help TBF be committed to become half baked (sun tanned and stoned)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Whitehouse

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:03:50 PM

Never heard of any of these guys. I dont know why people care about the foundation.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:50:12 PM

Holy shit, Batman, what the hell brought all this on?  Roll Eyes

"I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing!"
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:09:31 PM

Holy shit, Batman, what the hell brought all this on?  Roll Eyes

"I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing!"
If only little Tibane could talk!  Cheesy
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 09:18:06 PM

The Bitcoin foundation is irrelevant, don't conform to their system just like how people don't conform to the idea that governments should have a monopoly over money, the great thing about open source cryptocurrencies is no matter what anybody tries, nobody can control it, not without taking down the whole internet.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:38:26 PM

I don't know exactly how members their are in the foundation. I remembered the list was quite long. So, a handful of members resigning is not a big deal to the foundation. I doubt they will react.

I respect those who resigned. I do not know who they are and how important they are in the foundation. IMO, they are doing the right thing, standing up to what they believe in. Whether the acused are guilty or not, they are not the type of people anyone should be associated with.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:48:16 PM

This is not a good time for this kind of stuff  but I guess we can't expect life to always work out the way we want it to or even Bitcoin.  Not sure what to say about the public resignation at this time.  Alot of this info is "up in the air" and I'm reserving judgement until I know more.  I will say it does not look good.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:59:40 PM

This is not a good time for this kind of stuff  but I guess we can't expect life to always work out the way we want it to or even Bitcoin.  Not sure what to say about the public resignation at this time.  Alot of this info is "up in the air" and I'm reserving judgement until I know more.  I will say it does not look good.

True.

If there are any real life visionaries and leaders at the Bitcoin Foundation he/she/they need to stand up right now and act decisively. You can only defer to Satoshi Nakamoto for so long.
From what I have seen I am not hopeful.

Xtib

Well said, if there are people that have their wits about them over there then now is the time to get things in order as best as possible.  Not the kind of scandals they need to be associated with in their position at all.
Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

I knew it would not last long, its ran by thugs anyway.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 11:06:56 PM

<putting on tin foil hat>

Is it possible that this is the way TBF hoped it would play out so that some other entity, namely Bruce Fenton's Bitcoin Association, can take its place? Remember, stakes are high concerning Bitcoin, with even a 28-year-old woman committing suicide(?) over it.

<hat off>
MarketNeutral

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:08:41 PM

Good choice to resign.

Shysters feigning legitimacy and virtue—what a joke the Bitcoin Foundation is and always has been, like collusive politicians making promises that the people of this very forum actually believed and wherefore offered their financial support. The lot of you, let your Bitcoin Foundation Membership badge be your Scarlet Letter.

At least the Bitcoin Foundation needs Bitcoin more than Bitcoin needs them.

The time is ripe for genuine leadership and vision.

MarketNeutral

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:09:39 PM

<putting on tin foil hat>

Is it possible that this is the way TBF hoped it would play out so that some other entity, namely Bruce Fenton's Bitcoin Association, can take its place? Remember, stakes are high concerning Bitcoin, with even a 28-year-old woman committing suicide(?) over it.

<hat off>

I wouldn't be surprised, actually. Stakes are pretty damn high at this point.
bitgeek

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:20:52 PM

I wonder what made you join the foundation in the first place. All they do is shake hands, smile and wipe butts.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
adub

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 11:29:05 PM

I wish I could change my avatar image.  Embarrassed

From profile settings.
Changing avatars is currently not possible.

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: