Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:24:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN][BOB] SubGenius CryptoCurrency - DobbsCoin (BOB)  (Read 11067 times)
dobbscoin (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

The End Times are Upon Us

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 03:27:54 AM

As of 7 hours ago, wallet no longer syncing...

Yeap, that's the wormhole. It's kinda like KGW, but locksdown quicker to prevent blocks from being instasolved when a high hash rental miner or multipool latches on to it. The night (BOB) was listed on bittrex.com such an event happened and difficulty jumped from 4 to 500 in two blocks, but when it didn't turn into a coin fountain, the miner went away and it takes a block or two to readjust to the hashrate from before the event.  Depending on the difficulty it was forced to rise to, and the hash left afterward.. the blocks will take some additional time to solve. In this cast, it took 15 hours.  Everythings hunkee-dory now tho.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnnyBCash

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:44:04 PM

I'm just curious as to why you think this coin is immune to pumping and dumping?  Great comments otherwise, interesting coin!
EndCiv

Activity: 107
Merit: 59

FUCK THE CONSPIRACY

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 06:16:18 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 04:45:52 AM by EndCiv

I'm just curious as to why you think this coin is immune to pumping and dumping?  Great comments otherwise, interesting coin!

I don't mean to say that it can't be dumped by those who recognized (BOB) as a gold nugget, and accumulated sizable wealth (200k/300k BOB) early on; certainly I hope for Dobbs sake, they do actually.. And before X-Day if they wern't DUES PAID members of the Church, I might ad..

But by saying immune to pumping and dumping, I mean to suggest that -- the same TEN minute block time, 120 confirms on new mined blocks which BITCOIN shares.. coupled with its SCRYPT algorithm - and (BOB) being so quick to adjust it's difficulty upwards, make it's mere 7200 BOB/day payout unattractive to those who seek the instant 'coin-fountain' gratification which the pump n'dump community exploits so regularly; or otherwise what might be gained by throwing insane hash at a coin with the intention of holding short term before moving on to the next-big-profit opportunity. --- Not to mention it's rather obscure but Global communities fanatical pseudo religious UFO/SEX Cult meme-sake.

It seems that, as PROFIT is such the motivator in the flash-in-the-pan altcoin market.. (not that one can fault the desire for PROFIT), the OverPopulation seems HELL BENT on such opportunities which might double an 'investment' by placing their BTC on a target they believe will have a massive increase in price, within a short period of time.. before they make the attempt to get out, once it has done so (but before everyone else, who is doing the same thing).. hoping to move on attempting to repeat the great 'ponzi-shuffle' maneuver again as often as possible.

(BOB) Dobbscoin is a different played game, if you will. The SubGenius Community existed before the Internet was even public, long before BitCoin was 'a-thing'. It could even be said that SubGenii (those within the SubGenius Community) taught Al Gore EVERYTHING he knew about the Internet, as a LARGE population among the developers of the prehistory of the Internet were SubGenii. Suffice to say.. I mean that The RABID FERVOR of the SubGenius at large.. unlike the altcoin community, cares not so much for cashing it's (BOB) in for (BTC), as they're accumulating SLACK, in for form of (BOB) for a variety of reasons.. the most important that (BOB) Dobbscoin is THE ONLY crypto-currency to be accepted on the Pleasure Saucers, secondly they (the SubGenius community as a whole) aren't terribly interested alt.coins or for that matter, even BitCoins.. The Church of the SubGenius is a TWENTY YEAR Community who's not really interested in BitCoins for the most part, and especially NOT in altcoins other than (BOB). The majority of those who mine (BOB) do it because they are somewhat intrigued by the same concepts of non-centralized, internet payment systems that inspired (BOB)'s predecessor (BTC), have a spare GPU and don't have time for the ponzi-scam that is for the most part all other altcoins.

Granted, not all of them, but for the most part it's as simple as that.. really.
SURE. .. some smart cookie could swoop in and buy up 1/14th of all the (BOB)'s in existence by placing a 1 BTC buy wall at 1000 satoshi and the SubGenii who are interested in exchanging alt.coins for BTC would likely sell into it - not me personally. I am a SubGenius who recognizes a long term community meme and believe that Jahova-1 has arrangements for special seating on the Pleasure Saucers for those in the 1 Million BOB's CLUB. And there are, after all ONLY 1.4 Million of the ZERO PREMINE, currently available, out of the 21Million TOTAL (BOB) which will ever exist.

Again: (BOB) is different.. It's about Slack, and artistic creativity. Dobbscoin isn't about speculating on the next opportunity to loose your ass in a failed attempt at speculating in the alt.coin market. (BOB) is an actual subcultur community cryptocurrency, it's a niche.. It's meme... Though it may actually get you RICH, Dobbscoin is most certainly not for speculators!  - In fact, I don't even recommend anyone buying (BOB). BUT OF-COURSE, if they did - i wouldn't judge.

🛸     DEATH TO THE SHITCOINS!!
PRAISE "BOB" - http://www.dobbscoin.info

Robert_Dorian

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 05:13:23 PM

At least it is again a very active person Cheesy I think this guy was smart... They create a lot of users in bitcointalk a few weeks ago, and now using those one by one to release a coin. The scammers are getting smarter Cheesy
yeah they create user months before creating scam-coin, in this way they look more legit lmao

Why's everyone gotta shit in the soup.
A kid cant have a project that a buncha choads have to stir their dick into.
You should delete yout bogus message, so it doesn't FUD up this space.
Regardless, if Ya don't want to play - fuck off.

I asked AMPH in a BCT.org PM, why he posted that fud in the dobbscoin [ANN] and his replay was: (paraphrase) 'it was a mistake, i clicked the wrong link when replying to some other coin' - yet, *somehow* other people dog-piled onto his reply.. which was off topic.. and then his off topic conversation debunking some other coin ran on for four replies..  yet he refused to remove it siting that it had been quoted so: 'what good would it do', further stating 'I'm too busy'.

It sucks 'Cos this is our only project, and it's such prime post real-estate.
If they come back and delete them or change it up to be any better, let me know and change up this post.
dobbscoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 05:20:31 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 09:25:55 PM by dobbscoin

(BOB) Dobbscoin is the Officially Approved crypto-currency of the Church of the SubGenius, a TWENTY+ Year old UFO 'parody religion' that targets many better known belief systems. The Church of the SubGenius teaches a complex belief system that focuses on the clip-art Deity, J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, and shines the light upon a Global Conspiracy to steal your Slack ..of course, what 'religion' would be complete without some UFO's, tons of SEX and a grand Armageddon scenerio.  More: Wikipedia

"BOB" Dobbs in the Media
  • The Church of the SubGenius has been featured in: Playboy, WIRED, Rolling Stone, and preformed hundreds of successful Live Night Club Shows. "BOB" even has Nationally Distributed Video ARISE (Polygram). Not to mention "BOB" is endorsed by most major Counterculture Heroes and Subculture artists.
  • The Band 'SUBLIME' (1), shipped a 23 track '40 OZ OUNCES TO FREEDOM' CD through Skunk Records - with a Dobbshead on it.
  • The Band 'DEVO' (2) is SubGenius as fuck! (see below)
  • Negativland: You may have never heard of Negativland, but you've probably heard clips of their stuff as bumper music on late night programs such as Ground Zero w/Clyde Lewis.
Famous SubGenii include:
  • Robert Anton Wilson(3): "Pope BOB" was an ordained minister in the Church of the SubGenius, wrote for and was featured in the Three Fisted Tales of "BOB" book, and also featured "BOB" in The Illumanatus Trilogy; one of the many books he authored himself.
  • Patrick Volkerding(4) of Slackware Linux: 'Slackware' -duh
  • Timothy Leary,
  • Ken Kesey,
  • PeeWee Herman (click for image),
  • Wierd Al,
  • R. Crumb (Subculture Comics: Fritz the Cat/WEIRDO), drew & wrote for "BOB".
  • Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller IS a PAID Minister/Member of The Church of the SubGenius.
  • Jello Biafra to name just a few
More about Famous SubGenius

The Church of the SubGenius even has three weekly Syndicated Radio Shows, in 15 Markets.
WCSB Cleveland, WREK Atlanta & KPFA Berkeley, Ca, as well as countless of minor broadcast networks.

The Atari - ST (5)
At the time the Atari ST started shipping, a limited set of GEM fonts were included within the ROMs. These fonts featured the standard 8x8 pixel graphical character set for the ST (the main in-ROM "font" for GEM, and text-mode TOS operations in color modes) and contains a recognizable facsimile of the face of J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, (the figurehead of the Church of the Subgenius).

The FACT is.. (BOB) DobbsCoin is about Slack,
It's about FIGHTING The Conspiracy, and it's about getting BACK what THEY Stole away.
And if we just so happen to 'Survive The Great Cataclysms Through UFO Transport, while taking control through liberated weirdness by tapping our secret 'Abnormality Potential. ..then FUCK YES, I'll have TWO.

(1): SUBLIME '40 OZ OUNCES TO FREEDOM' CD with a Dobbshead on it. (link1) (link2) (link3).
(2): Devo actively embraced the Church of the SubGenius in concert (source: Wikipedia). Mark Mothersbaugh of DEVO produced the audio for The Bobacatto, and you can watch him HERE speaking on The Conspiracy, the life-changing power of "BOB" and Slack. (source: ARISE The SubGenius Movie : Polygram Video).
(3): Wilson also joined the Church of the SubGenius, who referred to him as Pope Bob. He contributed to their literature, including the book Three-Fisted Tales of "Bob", and shared a stage with their founder, Rev. Ivan Stang on several occasions Winterstar-01 & Austin, TX. Wilson also founded the Guns and Dope Party, and its corresponding Burning Man theme camp. See also: Historia Discordia
(4): Patrick Volkerding, the software engineer known as the founder and maintainer of Slackware Linux distro, is a SubGenius. The use of the word Slack in "Slackware" is a homage to J. R. "Bob" Dobbs: "I'll admit that it was SubGenius inspired. In fact, back in the 2.0 through 3.0 days we used to print a dobbshead on each CD." -Patrick Volkerding.
(5)Atari ST: Atari ST BASIC had a dobbshead easter egg (image)
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:56:35 PM

what is this?
EndCiv

Activity: 107
Merit: 59

FUCK THE CONSPIRACY

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:16:27 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 07:44:15 PM by EndCiv

what is this?

What is what?   THIS?

Quote from: a god damned dictionary
'THIS' this/T͟His
pronoun: this; pronoun: these

1. used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced.
    "is this person too dumb to read the previous post before asking a question?"
        used to introduce someone or something.
        "this is the official crypto-currency of a UFO/Sex Cult"
        referring to the nearer of two things close to the speaker (the other, if specified, being identified by “that”).
        "this is the only crypto-currency accepted on the pleasure saucers.. come X-Day"

2. referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned in a post just before this PINKBOY posted his dumbass question.
    "Slack is what this is about"

determiner
determiner: this; determiner: these

1. Used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced.
    "don't get Slack bafore X-Day and you will die in a planetary carpet bombing, like this guy"

2. Referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned.
    "there was a post just above your stupid ass question, detailing this whole motherfucker"

3. Used with periods of time related to the present.
    "If you don't get 'Right with "BOB" before this X-Day, you will die in a fire"

4. Informal: Used (chiefly in narrative) to refer to a person or thing previously unspecified.
    "I turned around, and there this big ass pile of sex fell right in my lap, now that "BOB" Loves Me"

adverb
adverb: this

1. To the degree or extent indicated.
    "they can't handle a coin with this much Slack"

I hope that clears all THIS up for you.
Remember.. When you see the pleasure ships landing, cut front to back, not left to right
- when slitting your own wrists, 'Cos It'll be too late to get a ticket.

🛸     DEATH TO THE SHITCOINS!!
PRAISE "BOB" - http://www.dobbscoin.info

Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:27:14 AM

Again: (BOB) is different.. It's about Slack, and artistic creativity. Dobbscoin isn't about speculating on the next opportunity to loose your ass in a failed attempt at speculating in the alt.coin market. (BOB) is an actual subcultur community cryptocurrency, it's a niche.. It's meme... Though it may actually get you RICH, Dobbscoin is most certainly not for speculators!  - In fact, I don't even recommend anyone buying (BOB). BUT OF-COURSE, if they did - i wouldn't judge.

And as "Bob" is far older than Doge, his coinage will survive.  Oh I'm buying, but not for filthy lucre's sake.  I'm buying so that come X-Day I'll OWN "Bob"'s sorry ass!  Then maybe, just maybe, Connie will turn her sleazy film-noir gaze in my direction and say "Hmmm... I'd tap that."

Oh Connie, when will you ditch that loser and join me on a cross-country crime spree!  *sigh*

Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:55:26 AM

Praise Bob!

Grin Grin Grin
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:56:03 AM

crazy bob buy wall at 250
someone put 3.6 btc at 250 sat
very weird, what special with this coin??
any future or news??
dobbscoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:44:54 PM

crazy bob buy wall at 250
someone put 3.6 btc at 250 sat
very weird, what special with this coin??
any future or news??

Nope, nothing special ..just your run of the mill SCRYPT Bitcoin w/PURE SLACK & ETERNAL SALVATION.
     As far as future.. or news, it's really kind of an insiders thing. We're a TWENTY+/yr. alien and sex cult meme-coin
We're not one of them (RISE-FALL-RISE-FALL) crypto-coins, out to get rich scamming pinkboys. The only person getting rich here is J.R. "BOB" Dobbs - and his "Church of the SubGenius'. We just operate the Officially APPROVED Crypto-Currency of the organization, as a way to monetize & trade Slack between our members. I don't expect to see a real rise in the market value of (BOB) until our first halving ..sometime about three years from now, and we get attacked alot by the Discordians and the Normals ..so this probably isn't the coin for you, unless you know what your in for.

But if you know "BOB" and this is something you're into .. then by all means. Have at you!!

We could sure use some steady hash in the POOL to fend off theConspiracy. DEDICATED HASH ONLY Please, the anti coin-fountain measures aren't very friendly after hash-freaks go away when they are unsuccessful at stealing our Slack.

dobbscoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 03:02:06 AM

(BOB) Dobbscoin Listed on Coin-Swap
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BOB

Many kind wishes for the great folks at Coin-Swap, Slacktastic.

(BOB) Dobbscoin is the Officially Approved Crypto-Currency of the Church of the SubGenius,
a TWENTY+ Year old UFO/SEX Cult/Parody Religion that targets many better known belief systems.
The Church of the SubGenius teaches a complex belief system that focuses on the message of the clip-art Deity, J. R. "Bob" Dobbs,
and shines the light upon The Global Conspiracy (Cliques Of Normals Secretly Planning Insidious Rituals Aimed at Controlling You).
Of course, what 'religion'/Cult would be complete without UFO's, ..tons of SEX and a grand Armageddon scenario.
More: Wikipedia

dobbscoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 08:51:02 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 11:47:48 PM by dobbscoin

The Official Crypto-Currency of the Church of the SubGenius
..an American UFO parody Religion & SEX Cult.
(wikipedia)

The ONLY Crypto-Currency accepted on the Pleasure Saucers.
(BOB) comes to JUSTIFY our sins; to UNMASK the Conspiracy, and to get us back the SLACK they stole away!

When two or three are gathered in my name, and I am not there; do you not feel my hands in your pockets? - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

UPGRADE NOW to v.0.10.1
DON'T  GET  FORKED *
SUPPORT THIS PROJECT AND FOLLOW
IT ON TWITTER @DobbsCOIN
 FACEBOOK: The Dobbscoin Conspiracy

DOWNLOAD WALLETS

HOME PAGE: http://www.dobbscoin.info
 Explorer 1http://explorer.dobbscoin.info
 Explorer 2Cryptopia
 Pool 1: Cryptopia
 Pool 2: Stoner19's Pool
 Git Hub: Dobbscoin v0.10.1 (09.01.2015)
 FORUM: http://dobbscoin.net/smf 
 Faucet: http://faucet.dobbscoin.info
 The Dobbscoin Market Place: SubGenius SWAG
 IRC: FREENODE (#dobbscoin)
 Spin Game: http://dobbsspin.dobbscoin.info

ALL Spin Game Losses GO DIRECTLY TO FAUCET.
 May the LUCK PLANE BE WITH YOU.

21 Mil Total Coins / ZERO PREMINE 
ETERNAL SALVATION OR TRIPLE YOUR MONEY BACK

Dobbscoin is NOT a "Pre-mined as much in the First Block as were created the first six months",
'mega coin' like people seem to want.. it's not that misspelled Japanese animal meme that everyone told you *YOU NEED*
It's an honest to goodness, unattractive to pumping and dumping, long term,
good faith crypto currency, people always pretend they allegedly want.

Avoid False Prophets, Cultivate appropriate Slack.

GET RIGHT WITH "BOB" - http://www.subgenius.com
http://www.dobbscoin.info

(BOB) Dobbscoin is the Officially Approved crypto-currency of the Church of the SubGenius, a TWENTY+ Year old UFO 'parody religion' that targets many better known belief systems. The Church of the SubGenius teaches a complex belief system that focuses on the clip-art Deity, J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, and shines the light upon a Global Conspiracy to steal your Slack ..of course, what 'religion' would be complete without some UFO's, tons of SEX and a grand Armageddon scenerio.  More: Wikipedia

"BOB" Dobbs in the Media
  • The Church of the SubGenius has been featured in: Time Magazine(1), Playboy, WIRED, Rolling Stone, and preformed hundreds of successful Live Night Club Shows. "BOB" even has Nationally Distributed Video ARISE (Polygram). Not to mention "BOB" is endorsed by most major Counterculture Heroes and Subculture artists.
  • The Band 'SUBLIME' (2), shipped a 23 track '40 OZ OUNCES TO FREEDOM' CD through Skunk Records - with a Dobbshead on it. (see below)
  • The Band 'DEVO' (3) is SubGenius as fuck! (see below)
  • Negativland: You may have never heard of Negativland, but you've probably heard clips of their stuff as bumper music on late night programs such as Ground Zero w/Clyde Lewis.
Famous SubGenii include:
  • Robert Anton Wilson(4): "Pope BOB" was an ordained minister in the Church of the SubGenius, wrote for and was featured in the Three Fisted Tales of "BOB" book, and also featured "BOB" in The Illumanatus Trilogy; one of the many books he authored himself.
  • Patrick Volkerding(5) of Slackware Linux: 'Slackware' -duh
  • Timothy Leary,
  • Ken Kesey,
  • PeeWee Herman (click for image),
  • Wierd Al,
  • R. Crumb (Subculture Comics: Fritz the Cat/WEIRDO), drew & wrote for "BOB".
  • Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller IS a PAID Minister/Member of The Church of the SubGenius.
  • Jello Biafra to name just a few
More about Famous SubGenius

The Church of the SubGenius even has three weekly Syndicated Radio Shows, in 15 Markets.
WCSB Cleveland, WREK Atlanta & KPFA Berkeley, Ca, as well as countless of minor broadcast networks.

The Atari - ST (6)
At the time the Atari ST started shipping, a limited set of GEM fonts were included within the ROMs. These fonts featured the standard 8x8 pixel graphical character set for the ST (the main in-ROM "font" for GEM, and text-mode TOS operations in color modes) and contains a recognizable facsimile of the face of J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, (the figurehead of the Church of the Subgenius).

The FACT is.. (BOB) DobbsCoin is about Slack,
It's about FIGHTING The Conspiracy, and it's about getting BACK what THEY Stole away.
And if we just so happen to 'Survive The Great Cataclysms Through UFO Transport, while taking control through liberated weirdness by tapping our secret 'Abnormality Potential. ..then FUCK YES, I'll have TWO.

(1): Voted FRAUD of the Century (1990-2000) by Time Magazine!! (more)
(2): SUBLIME  Shipped a Limited edition '40 OZ OUNCES TO FREEDOM' CD with a Dobbshead on it. (link1) (link2) (link3).
(3): Devo actively embraced the Church of the SubGenius in concert (source: Wikipedia). Mark Mothersbaugh of DEVO produced the audio for The Bobacatto, and you can watch him HERE speaking on The Conspiracy, the life-changing power of "BOB" and Slack. (source: ARISE The SubGenius Movie : Polygram Video).
(4): Wilson also joined the Church of the SubGenius, who referred to him as Pope Bob. He contributed to their literature, including the book Three-Fisted Tales of "Bob", and shared a stage with their founder, Rev. Ivan Stang on several occasions Winterstar-01 & Austin, TX. Wilson also founded the Guns and Dope Party, and its corresponding Burning Man theme camp. See also: Historia Discordia
(5): Patrick Volkerding, the software engineer known as the founder and maintainer of Slackware Linux distro, is a SubGenius. The use of the word Slack in "Slackware" is a homage to J. R. "Bob" Dobbs: "I'll admit that it was SubGenius inspired. In fact, back in the 2.0 through 3.0 days we used to print a dobbshead on each CD." -Patrick Volkerding.
(6)Atari ST: Atari ST BASIC had a dobbshead easter egg (image).
dobbscoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:43:47 PM

.:THREAD CLOSED:.
Too many Slackless Douchebags on BitCoinTalk to be unmoderated.
Please refer to the NEW OFFICIAL BitcoinTalk [ANN] thread.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: