Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:20:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A2 Terminator Scrypt Miner-90MH Results  (Read 4346 times)
albela83 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:42:42 PM

Okay guys after testing it for 3 days. These are the results that I got.

Initially they had a firmware issue which cause 1-2 blades to hash at half the speed around 5-7 Mh/s.
Each blade is hashing at around 14MH/s.  You would constantly have to monitor the hashing speed and restrart the miner every few hrs.

I was hashing around 55-65 for the first 24 hrs on the 90MH miner.
After a day they finally realized they had issues with the firmware. once that was sorted out. The miners finally decided to hash much better a constant rate.

Even though they say 90MH its give that there is 10% variance. For the past 24-36 hrs. I am getting consistent 80-82 MH/s on the cleverminig pool and ghash.io

I picked ghash since it was easier to constantly monitor the workers.  Trying to think of what else.

Ohh yes. the HW errors on these are really high.

You have the ability to slower down the hashing on the main page, which is a nice feature. I know every one paid for 90MH but considering the BTC/LTC market and Pre-orders not being delivered I will take a little hashing and a machine over cheaper price and no clue about delivery.

If you think this post helped you in any way. Some satoshis would help. Smiley
1JQFTwLgjrzE8FWFe6i4apFwm7diQiEryy

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s522/albela83/MainA2_zps277dbcc4.jpg

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s522/albela83/Hashing_zpsf9a0a8ae.jpg

bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:04:47 PM

wow you really had the courage to invest into this... good luck mate... with upcoming flood of scrypt miners i just didn't feel confident about roi and by my calculations i was looking at minimum 4 months just to break even... imho these are way way overpriced...
albela83 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:24:55 PM

wow you really had the courage to invest into this... good luck mate... with upcoming flood of scrypt miners i just didn't feel confident about roi and by my calculations i was looking at minimum 4 months just to break even... imho these are way way overpriced...

would you mind sharing your calculation? from What I understand with Scrypt mining with many coins in the market. It actually helps profitability.
stacksmasher

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:50:25 AM

You should be fine for a few weeks but you will never ROI. The rush of huge Mh/s systems will cause all the coin devs to hard fork to another algorithm. Even X11 has been cracked to mine with ASICS. 

There are rough times coming.... and lets face it.... no one really knows what is coming next.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:34:13 AM

wow you really had the courage to invest into this...

I'm with the OP on this issue. Having found a solid vendor in China who can host these A2's at half the price being quoted by GAWminer, with the first month free, and being only asked for 60% payment now to buy each A2 90 and the rest in two weeks, it had to be done.

As a pre-order customer (investor?mug?) waiting on both Alpha-T and KnC, I'd have been a fool to sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for their kit to be shipped when Innosilicon even beat Zeus to the finish line.

It is worth every Bitcoin getting these A2's solely for the experience at this point. I've pointed them at numerous tasks for hashing to see how they get on and, apart from the initial problem with the firmware needing to be updated, they are pretty solid now.

TBH I'm spending the next few weeks trying to figure out whether I need to go all-in early with rigs that perform a little less than advertised, but still perform well enough to aim for ROI before my other orders are even ready. Don't do your calculations based on Litecoin mining diff, do it based on the best multipools and hash/rig rental services that pay in BTC.

That's why the Litecoin diff isn't going through the roof right now, because most people who buy these A2's quickly realise the last place you should be using them is on LTC mining.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Daliss

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:09:17 AM

Just take a rapid look at the charts of poolpicker and you'll understand why you'll never break even with these scam asics.
Gridseed is about to flood market with thousands of gigahash mining power. Even with many alts to mine, there's no way you see a positive ROI.
They are selling them 3 to 4 times the price they worth...
In less than a month we'll be sub 0.001 btc/mhs/day if not 0.0005.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:35:40 AM

you'll never break even with these scam asics.
Care to put your money where your mouth is? We put a BTC each into escrow and if I don't make ROI in less than 90 days, you win.

How about another bet on this claim too? If, come 12th June, it isn't possible to earn more than .001 btc/mhs/day you'll collect. All I have to do is show you evidence that, on 12th June, an A2 rig I own earned me more than that rate for the day, yes?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
dspair

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:16:32 AM

Even @ 90MH/s with free electricity and without difficulty increase it's 2-2.5 months of ROI. Why people buy these things?

you'll never break even with these scam asics.
Care to put your money where your mouth is? We put a BTC each into escrow and if I don't make ROI in less than 90 days, you win.

How about another bet on this claim too? If, come 12th June, it isn't possible to earn more than .001 btc/mhs/day you'll collect. All I have to do is show you evidence that, on 12th June, an A2 rig I own earned me more than that rate for the day, yes?
How about I just find this thread a month later and laugh at you? Grin
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:08:32 AM

Even @ 90MH/s with free electricity and without difficulty increase it's 2-2.5 months of ROI.
I don't know whether to be amused or depressed by these sorts of statements. Name one investment opportunity that even comes close to returning your investment in such a short time. You do know that it is utterly absurd to complain that you have to wait a whole two or three months to earn your initial investment back? Because if you don't, you've got some *real* hard lessons awaiting you in life.

Why people buy these things?
Ah yes, the "Why not just buy the equivalent in coin?" argument. Ok, let's say I buy 100 Bitcoin and I also buy 100 Bitcoin-worth of mining equipment at the same time. After three or four months, with careful management, I should be able to see that my miners have comfortably earnt that 100 Bitcoin back and are, albeit more slowly, earning extra Bitcoin on top of my initial investment amount, I have 100+ Bitcoin and growing.

As for my purchase of 100 Bitcoin? Well that's still exactly 100 Bitcoin.

Wherever the market moves it will still only ever be 100 Bitcoin.

Absolutely. If things don't work out, you can come back to this thread and laugh at me for making the right decision at the wrong time.

albela83 (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:26:55 AM

Even @ 90MH/s with free electricity and without difficulty increase it's 2-2.5 months of ROI.
I don't know whether to be amused or depressed by these sorts of statements. Name one investment opportunity that even comes close to returning your investment in such a short time. You do know that it is utterly absurd to complain that you have to wait a whole two or three months to earn your initial investment back? Because if you don't, you've got some *real* hard lessons awaiting you in life.

Why people buy these things?
Ah yes, the "Why not just buy the equivalent in coin?" argument. Ok, let's say I buy 100 Bitcoin and I also buy 100 Bitcoin-worth of mining equipment at the same time. After three or four months, with careful management, I should be able to see that my miners have comfortably earnt that 100 Bitcoin back and are, albeit more slowly, earning extra Bitcoin on top of my initial investment amount, I have 100+ Bitcoin and growing.

As for my purchase of 100 Bitcoin? Well that's still exactly 100 Bitcoin.

Wherever the market moves it will still only ever be 100 Bitcoin.

Absolutely. If things don't work out, you can come back to this thread and laugh at me for making the right decision at the wrong time.

I agree with Cryptodevil. the interesting this is that if not all most miners are not math or finance guys, they are running the calculation based on the calculators provided by the websites that are out there. Let's take bitcoin for example

You can see people trying to unload their miners due to drop in cointerra prices but what they fail to realize is that even with this difficulty $/GH to break even is approx $2.35.

With that being said if you are putting your numbers into lets say the genesis block calc or the bitcoin wisdom or any other calculator you would prob find that you won't break even but numbers don't  lie. Take it from some one who has done analysis of 1000's of transaction with forecasting budgets and profits. These calculators are prob 50% accurate and this is me being generous.

Don't be too eager to  jump on the HAHA wagon, cause you never know. Plus this is an investment. the only reason why the hedge funds are jumping on this bandwagon is they have enough data know to run their analysis with resistance support and profitability.

Don't be surprise when you find a btc stock on the NASDAQ.

Another thing to consider is the multipool conversion. That itself will drive the market price up.

sergi0

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:48:46 PM

Nice for the review !
What about the power consumption ? Is it as low as stated by the product description ?

I made my choice and defintively, A2 miners are the better miner on the market. I do not speak about price, I just don't care. But they are 28nm design and the power consumption is definitively a problem when you want to stack several units. Zeus and Hashra have nice products, but they can't compare to A2 in term of Mhs and in term of power consumption.
accesminer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:14:21 AM

Nice for the review !
What about the power consumption ? Is it as low as stated by the product description ?

I made my choice and defintively, A2 miners are the better miner on the market. I do not speak about price, I just don't care. But they are 28nm design and the power consumption is definitively a problem when you want to stack several units. Zeus and Hashra have nice products, but they can't compare to A2 in term of Mhs and in term of power consumption.

+1
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:37:26 AM

There's no reason to believe it isn't, after all, as you know, it is a 28nm unit. I also note that the temperature stats for these units show exceptionally low temps when compared to the volcanic nightmare that Bitcoin miners have to cope with. I was getting concerned about planning for the cooling needs of the Alpha-T order I have coming but, after getting these A2's, I can see it won't be quite so onerous as I feared.

alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:45:32 PM

Zeus and Hashra have nice products, but they can't compare to A2 in term of Mhs and in term of power consumption.

You're right but the Zeus products have lower barriers to entry with multiple price points which is nice.
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:35:11 PM

Spent 8K in early March on 30 MH's of Griedspeeds and Blades with Free hosting since early March..  Already over halfway(About 59%) to ROI(Its Early May).  

Its always good to start as early as you can to insure your ROI.   Grin   And know where to mine..    Kiss
albela83 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:32:14 AM

Nice for the review !

Sorry for the late response. its consume like stated around 900-1000watt per miner... I believe I was the first batch miner.. I was constantly nagging them with the software issues the upgraded firmware that you see is much better. I don't know if it's the pool but at one pool constantly hashing at 94MH/s while the other is at 80MH/s. 

Any one more familiar with pool noise and background work would appreciate if they can shed some light.

dspair

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:47:52 PM

Currently ~1.5 BTC/GH/DAY on Scrypt, better than I expected. I think if you've bought this thing in May, you'll get your ROI. Congratulations, I guess Smiley
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:23:11 PM

That's very mature of you to be willing to admit when you were wrong. Nice to see, especially around here.

Whilst the per/Mh income rate has reduced over time, there are still many places to mine offering good returns and, surprisingly, there are still uptrends in the profitability on occasion too.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: