Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:04:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Brock Pierce implies Bitcoin Foundation resigned unintelligent.  (Read 5884 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:50:13 PM

I still find it really hard to believe Brock Pierce placed high enough in the election.
Hasn't this community been pierced enough already?

KnC Miner bought a $100k platinum member spot which presumably comes with a large amount of votes in the election. Plus his own Gold company.

ha, this sounds no different to me than politics. you can "buy" votes, as in money = speech. what i don't quite understand yet, is how does he turn this into $$$ and influence going into his pockets?

By legitimizing himself in his quest to buy Gox for a dollar. I guess he expects his position to add credibility to Sunlot.

That's the plan as I see it anyway.

but he had to have known that if he were elected, people would be up in arms about it.. over his sordid past. and the thing is, sociopaths boyfucking scammers are usually pretty smart.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:01:22 PM

I still find it really hard to believe Brock Pierce placed high enough in the election.

KnC Miner bought a $100k platinum member spot which presumably comes with a large amount of votes in the election. Plus his own Gold company.

ha, this sounds no different to me than politics. you can "buy" votes, as in money = speech. what i don't quite understand yet, is how does he turn this into $$$ and influence going into his pockets?

You're right, Bitcoin has become a political tool just like fiat. Everyone that always wanted Bitcoin to replace fiat should be pleased. I think he has little chance of getting business support from core members of this community but he may not even want that. If he could develop and promote (with the help of TBF) a product to reach as yet untapped users then he would profit. Circle fits the bill of a product that will bring Bitcoin to the masses. No one here would ever use Circle. Joe Citizen already gives all his financial info including SSN to banks, PayPal, Amazon, car dealerships, mortgage companies, pretty much anybody that asks for it so why not Circle? They could end up making a tidy sum of money from the average dumbass and so can the pedo.  

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:03:41 PM

You're right, Bitcoin has become a political tool just like fiat. Everyone that always wanted Bitcoin to replace fiat should be pleased. I think he has little chance of getting business support from core members of this community but he may not even want that. If he could develop and promote (with the help of TBF) a product to reach as yet untapped users then he would profit. Circle fits the bill of a product that will bring Bitcoin to the masses. No one here would ever use Circle. Joe Citizen already gives all his financial info including SSN to banks, PayPal, Amazon, car dealerships, mortgage companies, pretty much anybody that asks for it so why not Circle? They could end up making a tidy sum of money from the average dumbass and so can the pedo.  

well, this is why i'm not as bullish on bitcoin as most other people seem to be. a lot of the "to the moon" people think that bitcoin will solve a lot of the major problems in the world and eventually become a world currency. i think it's going to solve minor problems (like providing a hedge to hyperinflationary currencies and remittance payments), but the underlying root cause of most of our major problems is greed.. and bitcoin isn't going to remove that from the minds of the big players in the game.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:48:24 PM

or maybe it's about time to remove the bitcoin foundation, a 6million$ fondation that does nothing good to bitcoin and only brings bad reputation and troubles right now, isn't bitcoin about dis-centralization? why would a group of people host the rest of the bitcoin hostage? why someone who has 10k BTCs should have more right than someone who has 1K btc or 1btc for that matter, if it is bitcoin interest we are talking about here, and we want to spread bitcoin to the maximum of people which by default will not own much bitcoins like me and will have to pay top $ for them I think the least to do is to consider their right as well. The idea of a foundation is good and necessary to defend bitcoin interest especially when facing governments, but the reality here is the opposite millions of $ in donations yet we don't see major contribution and only bad reputation right now and naming someone like this guy as the head of such foundation discredit every single hope I had left for this fondation 
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:39:00 PM

I don't know Pierce, I've never met him.  But his involvement with the The Bitcoin Foundation is BAD NEWS.  He is tainted goods.

That is my main issue with his election. It does not matter if he has been found guilty of anything. Just the extreme nature of his past controversies (cannot be more extreme than a past involving pedophilia) will hurt bitcoin. People outside of the BTC community already read news and share misconceptions (did you hear the one about the guy that owns bitcoin? he stole everybody's money and now bitcoin has declared bankruptcy  Roll Eyes).
This election of Mr. Pierce will only further tarnish bitcoin.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 03:10:08 AM

"The first one I got was during the mybitcoin.com days. The second one..."
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 03:33:32 AM

brock pierce: this news is 15 years old, kind of how i like my boys.

15 years ago, M & C Estate was regarded as a "Male Brothel" throughout Hollywood. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that one place where a 17-year-old heterosexual lad flushed with cash would not hang out, especially when, at the time, he could probably legally fuck mid-teenage pussy?

If a pastor of a small town is accused once of leaving a strip club the next town over, his flock would surely dwindle. Yet, with hundreds accounts of various credibility, we are told to not believe anything anything written about Brock but, at the same time, dissimilar articles from the same sources are used as fodder to espouse why Bitcoin is good for mankind, i.e. the Fed is bad, mmmkay!

"Hey, Brock. I think those twin freshmen chicks want you to fuck them. Why don't you ask them out on a date tonight?"

"Can't, dude. Marc, Chad and I already made plans."

"That's cool, dude. Then, I can have them?"

"Here's a couple hundred bucks. Knock yourself out!"
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:02:50 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 11:17:44 PM by senseless

PG, all you're doing is taking the smallest amount of fact and stringing them into a fake / implied story. Anyone can do that -- I can imply that aliens were behind apollo 13 based on supposition. I think you're either schizophrenic or just delusional. A lot of what you post I know to be false. I'm sure you'll start stringing me into your theories eventually. You don't really know what's happened or what's going on. It's all just guesses and supposition based on the modicum of public information.

What's even more amazing is people actually believe the drivel. But then again, it is the internet.

reminds me of that line from V for Vendetta.

I'm sorry, but a man in my position survives by taking every precaution.
You have information for us? - No, you already have the information.
All the names and dates are inside your head.
What you want, what you really need, is a story.
A story can be true or false.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:36:20 AM

PG, all you're doing is taking the smallest amount of fact and stringing them into a fake / implied story. Anyone can do that -- I can imply that aliens were behind apollo 13 based on supposition. I think you're either schizophrenic or just delusional. A lot of what you post I know to be false. I'm sure you'll start stringing me into your theories eventually. You don't really know what's happened or what's going on. It's all just guesses and supposition based on the modicum of public information.

What's even more amazing is people actually believe the drivel. But then again, it is the internet.

reminds me of that line from V for Vendetta.

I'm sorry, but a man in my position survives by taking every precaution.
You have information for us? - No, you already have the information.
All the names and dates are inside your head.
What you want, what you really need, is a story.
A story can be true or false.

Meanwhile, davout still have my 1,132 BTC that he stole from me under the guise of some InstaWallet "hack".

Or, do you believe that Lemon Way, Bitcoin-Central's bank, was well-versed in Bitcoin longer than it posting on Twitter three days prior to said "hack" asking how to get some bitcoins when they could've walked to Paymium's office and get some?

Until I'm reunited with my investment, I'm going to continue to drill deep, posting anything I deem relevant, whereupon with the help of others, Bitcoin-based entities not worth their salt are going to fall like the house of cards they're built on.

These motherfuckers have shown time and time again that they don't play fair (looking at you Paul Snow), so why should I let them have all the fun. It's Go Time!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: