Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:39:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What language would you like to learn (speaking) the most?  (Read 3655 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 09:20:05 AM

Japanese, Chinese, french

Good luck with that.  Grin My friend, who is learning Japanese for the past two years told me that to be able to achieve intermediary level knowledge in Japanese, you need to study the language for at least 4 years. Is it really worth that much effort?

Yes!

http://www.2flashgames.com/2fgkjn134kjlh1cfn81vc34/flash/f-Hot-Girl-Line-2469.jpg
rze

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:45:13 PM

Chinese
BitcoinTraders

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:44:31 PM

I want learn Japanese and russian!
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:27:44 AM

Learning spoken language is actually fairly easy, but when you try to learn Hiragana and Katakana it's like somebody just vomited a load of weird characters on the screen, even worse when it's kanji, I still haven't understood how you link up the characters to make the full words yet.

Any online tutorials/lessons I've found have done this typical thing of skipping over the part you really need Sad
it's true, kanji is difficult because you need to memorize it
even japanese young people are difficcult to understand kanji Grin
but I think hiragana and katakana is easy to memorize and learn
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:33:24 AM

Well already studied quite a few languages but I would have to say that at the present Russian and Chinese are ones that I haven't learnt yet but would like too that or Tagalog/Pangasinan
Japanese is a fun language though got to understand my raws if their is no fangroup subbing a series XD
(Chiko Heiress of the Phantom Thief for almost 4 months lol)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:57:53 AM

I plan on moving to Europe in the next decade, preferably France.

Therefore, it'd be wise for me to pickup French Smiley

I've already started on duolingo. Trying to get the wife involved in the learning process.

Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:04:27 AM

Japanese, Chinese, french

Good luck with that.  Grin My friend, who is learning Japanese for the past two years told me that to be able to achieve intermediary level knowledge in Japanese, you need to study the language for at least 4 years. Is it really worth that much effort?

Yes!

http://www.2flashgames.com/2fgkjn134kjlh1cfn81vc34/flash/f-Hot-Girl-Line-2469.jpg

Welp, I'm sold.
Richard213

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:59:07 AM

Japanese, Korean, Russian

that all  Grin
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:01:38 AM

Japanese in first place, but all the other oriental languages would be great to

berkelip

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:53:46 AM

spanish sounds sexy
but learn english more important

П    |⧛ Join the signature campaign and earn free PI dayli!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         PiCoin - get in now  ✅     No ICO!  ✅         |⧛
skottiejay (OP)

Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:35:11 AM

Japanese, mainly because of the anime/manga I've been watching ever since I was a kid. Love the culture.
Chinese would also be very handy to know.

Right now I speak 4 languages fluently and am wondering which one to target next. Wink

I'm curious why so many people know 3 or 4 languages already and I'm barely proficient in 1. Did you learn as a real young child? I don't understand how this works, I can't wrap my mind around another language, I took Spanish and French in high school and I barely know any today.

What else could I say?
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:54:42 AM

Japanese, mainly because of the anime/manga I've been watching ever since I was a kid. Love the culture.

Right now I speak 4 languages fluently and am wondering which one to target next. Wink

I'm curious why so many people know 3 or 4 languages already and I'm barely proficient in 1. Did you learn as a real young child? I don't understand how this works, I can't wrap my mind around another language, I took Spanish and French in high school and I barely know any today.

Keep at it. Once you pick up a second language, the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th..is so much easier.

skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 06:10:55 AM

Keep at it. Once you pick up a second language, the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th..is so much easier.

Is it because some languages have roots in others, like root words? I'm really interested in linguistics and language but this is all confusing.

What else could I say?
sanjoea

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 08:36:45 AM

I like to learn japanese,spanish and chinease , Most of the time i speek tamil and english

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 02:47:32 PM

There are so many languages to pick from!  Shocked

What else could I say?
AnimeBoy_007

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:41:36 PM

I want to learn Japanese and i want to live in japan. Grin Mostly speaking language is Sinhala and Tamil. Wink
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 03:50:30 PM

I'm curious what is Tamil? Is it an offset of another language? I realize that many countries have different languages, but there are a bunch listed here that I've never even heard of before.

What else could I say?
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:52:00 PM

I would like to speak Papiamento, because my mom is from Aruba.
And I go there on vacation alot, most of the people there speak dutch but not all.
Alot of people speak spanish to so that would be nice.
Because my family there can mostly speak 4 languages:

Dutch
Papiamento
English and Spanish

BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

Russian, Mandarin and Spanish-haven't settled on a dialect yet.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:05:56 PM

spanish and italian Grin
I'm curious what is Tamil? Is it an offset of another language? I realize that many countries have different languages, but there are a bunch listed here that I've never even heard of before.
tamil is one of indian language, especially dravidian language
dominant in south india and north-east sri lanka
india has many local language with million speakers

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: