Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:26:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken or Egg problem  (Read 2580 times)
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:41:51 AM

...lolz you get used to it

I have an account ..you & other Nut jobs dont !

I have an account. Bitstamp have just seen to it that it is no longer possible for me to fund it.

Actually i meant to say that I have a corporate LLC trading account that I can move large sums of money with no problems....was it painful to get setup... yes ...did it take me about a day to get everything in order ....yes........ does it make me feel good that this process is in place ...."ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY"

You dont Cheesy

Dont fight the machine ...there is absolutely no point in it ..all u are doing is trying to beat up a 5 ton piece of granite with your fists

It took me many years working for corporates for it to be beaten out of me ...its nothing personal they just need all the box's ticked and  "t's" crossed

OBJECT NOT FOUND
jamesc760 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:16:08 AM

Sigh.

Ok people, stop the pissing contest. Enough.

All I'm trying to say here is that the current infrastructure is inadequate for btc to rocket to the moon. That's all. Even if btc goes to the moon, the crash is inevitable due to the lack of support. Would you trust an existing exchange, say bitstamp, to continue operation when incoming and outgoing orders are in million dollar range, day in and day out, each and every order?
YipYip

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:23:15 AM

Answer the KYC or dont .....its your choice

the tin foil hat days of trading large sums of money and washing drug dealer money are gone

My buy & sell orders get filled nicely on stamp  Tongue

OBJECT NOT FOUND
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 07:58:26 AM

The difficulty is that Bitcoin proves that KYC is pointless. It is not the job of a financial system to prevent crime.

If Bitcoin is ever outlawed, your KYC answers may come back to haunt you when the government wants to try to confiscate your Bitcoin.

Before submitting your documentation, I would suggest doing KYC yourself: know your corporation. Pull their records. If you are sending thousands of dollars to them anyways, the fees for the documents are a small price to pay.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:19:14 PM

the tin foil hat days of trading large sums of money and washing drug dealer money are gone

My buy & sell orders get filled nicely on stamp  Tongue

Wasn't Bitcoin meant to be all about decentralisation? Taking power away from the man? And here you are celebrating as The Man rounds Bitcoin up into it's cage?

What you seem to forget that taking away 'off radar' transactions, their is very little benefit to using Bitcoin. The only real use I have for Bitcoin is for on Online Black Market Exchanges....and speculating, but the speculating only works if the instrument is perceived to have some greater coming value or purpose that people are going to want to use.

Since Off Radar transactions will remain Bitcoin's only prominent advantage over the conventional banking system, if Bitcoin is to be nailed to the wall by Western regulatory authorities, then the 'off radar' transactions will be the remit of wealthy citizens in developing nations looking to by-pass thier country's fiscal restrictions and get their wealth out the country and into foreign assets. Which takes me back to my hypothesis that Bitcoin was developed by the NSA, and will ultimately prove to be a tool for undermining non USD hegemony compliant economies.

As discussed in Zhang Wei Wu's excellent recent article. The PBOC have identified Bitcoin as a foreign invader that threatens Chbinese sovereignty over their own money supply and have therefore decided that Bitcoin cannot live within the Chinese economic system. Russia dont like it either.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:10:36 PM

The three big western exchanges (Bitstamp, btc-e and bitfinex) are handling several millions daily (http://www.bitcoinity.org/markets/list?currency=ALL&span=24h) and unless there are problems with regulators they will handle hundreds of millions.

Running with hundred of millions is much harder than with a few millions. If they wanted to run, they would already done that. When you are sitting on a golden mine of fees, running would be the end of a dream and the start of a nightmare. They might run in the end, but because of hackings or regulatory problems.

It won't take long to open p2p exchanges, however unless they use some third party system, I don't see how they are going to handle fiat. They can exchange cryptocoins.

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:24:45 PM

Just hodl  Cheesy
YipYip

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:14:26 PM

My buy & sell orders get filled nicely on stamp  Tongue

Wasn't Bitcoin meant to be all about decentralisation? Taking power away from the man? And here you are celebrating as The Man rounds Bitcoin up into it's cage?

What you seem to forget that taking away 'off radar' transactions, their is very little benefit to using Bitcoin. The only real use I have for Bitcoin is for on Online Black Market Exchanges....and speculating, but the speculating only works if the instrument is perceived to have some greater coming value or purpose that people are going to want to use.

Since Off Radar transactions will remain Bitcoin's only prominent advantage over the conventional banking system, if Bitcoin is to be nailed to the wall by Western regulatory authorities, then the 'off radar' transactions will be the remit of wealthy citizens in developing nations looking to by-pass thier country's fiscal restrictions and get their wealth out the country and into foreign assets. Which takes me back to my hypothesis that Bitcoin was developed by the NSA, and will ultimately prove to be a tool for undermining non USD hegemony compliant economies.

As discussed in Zhang Wei Wu's excellent recent article. The PBOC have identified Bitcoin as a foreign invader that threatens Chbinese sovereignty over their own money supply and have therefore decided that Bitcoin cannot live within the Chinese economic system. Russia dont like it either.

blah blah blah .....tin foil hats and area 51 ....alien invaders & the great jewish conspiriacy for sept 11

I live in the real world and @ this point crypto NEEDS to interact with fiat

Unitil we live in a utopian society where crypto is used for everything ... I will fill out my KYC forms so I can access mainstream instruments

or

Dont

OBJECT NOT FOUND
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:15:55 AM

blah blah blah .....tin foil hats and area 51 ....alien invaders & the great jewish conspiriacy for sept 11

Unitil we live in a utopian society where crypto is used for everything ... I will fill out my KYC forms so I can access mainstream instruments

or

Dont

You don't though. You live with your head rammed firmly up your arse.

You are up the wall hyper. I can smell the caffeine and Prozac from here.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
YipYip

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:19:17 AM

or

Dont

I have explained time & time again that its coke & hookers....

I dont do coffee or legal drugs  Cool

Head up my arse ... hmmm so is this consildation of uber low volume & no price action ....Its a bearish signal in your book ?

or do u have front and center first access to the smell of your own farts as i may sugest .......lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:19:58 AM

or

Dont

Pots and kettles etc
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:24:01 PM

The chicken was there first because eggs were only developed by the species in later stage.

Apply that to your post. 
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:05:57 AM

I think it was the egg, since genetic mutations occur from one generation to the other.
So, the being that posted the first genuine chicken egg wasn't yet a full chicken. That egg had a genetic mutation that made it the first chicken egg.
Of course, this is all theory, since it would very hard to identify what exactly differentiate a chicken from something very similar but still different.

segeln

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:02:01 AM

Bitstamp have no fkn right to ask for any of this stuff. Fuck those guys.

I have provided everything that was requested..i have nothing to hide

Are you a fucking child .....Seriously...They have every right to verify that you are not laundering money & to confirm that you have earned these funds legally

Every bank would want to see ALL of the same...If they dont then they are being lax & it would be a concern

Grow up....This is where bitcoin is going... & Thank You Jesus or Satan for That Cheesy

+1
for me no Problem at all,too
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: