Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:47:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CFN] ConfessionCoin | Secrets are better shared | NEW WALLET NOVEMBER 6  (Read 37609 times)
ConfessionCoin (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Secrets are better shared

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:46:02 PM

I will PM you shortly!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:10:28 PM

so whats up are we mining or re-launch or what?

Yes, the mining has been ongoing.  The launch was only delayed about an hour but everything has been up and running since then.  There is no need for a re-launch since it did happen, just a touch later than expected!
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:24:25 AM

Are there technical limitations to the amount of data you can store in the blockchain?  I see you set the character limit at 256, but could you put, say, an image in that field if you wanted to?  I imagine the blockchain would get pretty large and unweildy if you were to store the Harry Potter series in 1080p on there, but there could be some room for interesting applications.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 02:50:05 AM

Are there technical limitations to the amount of data you can store in the blockchain?  I see you set the character limit at 256, but could you put, say, an image in that field if you wanted to?  I imagine the blockchain would get pretty large and unweildy if you were to store the Harry Potter series in 1080p on there, but there could be some room for interesting applications.

Just curious -- where did you get the 256 character limit from?  That's not correct, it's actually 500 bytes (technically 512, but we truncate confessions at 500).  And no, an image wouldn't make it intact (or any binary data) based on how we're passing and storing data.

But yes, storing arbitrary data (that can be arbitrarily large) in the blockchain is something to be explored, although disk space may need to be cheaper, as it could discourage people from running full nodes if the blockchain is Terabytes in size ...

It also gets into legal questions, e.g. is it legal to run a full node if the Harry Potter movie is a part of the blockchain (regardless of if you ever plan to watch it)?
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:52:35 AM

Are there technical limitations to the amount of data you can store in the blockchain?  I see you set the character limit at 256, but could you put, say, an image in that field if you wanted to?  I imagine the blockchain would get pretty large and unweildy if you were to store the Harry Potter series in 1080p on there, but there could be some room for interesting applications.

Just curious -- where did you get the 256 character limit from?  That's not correct, it's actually 500 bytes (technically 512, but we truncate confessions at 500).  And no, an image wouldn't make it intact (or any binary data) based on how we're passing and storing data.

But yes, storing arbitrary data (that can be arbitrarily large) in the blockchain is something to be explored, although disk space may need to be cheaper, as it could discourage people from running full nodes if the blockchain is Terabytes in size ...

It also gets into legal questions, e.g. is it legal to run a full node if the Harry Potter movie is a part of the blockchain (regardless of if you ever plan to watch it)?

Did we just postulate Torrentcoin?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
reflector

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:17:39 AM

Smiley
Could even just store the .torrents in the blockchain.
OP, I mis-remembered the character limit.
Another use could be storing wikipedia entries on a blockchain.  Just trying to think of things that would be good to have duplicated/distributed across the globe for preservation.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:54:58 PM

Smiley
Another use could be storing wikipedia entries on a blockchain.  Just trying to think of things that would be good to have duplicated/distributed across the globe for preservation.

I think we did postulate it!  It's not a new idea though, e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145278.0

A developer (or dev team) contacted us just before our launch and asked about the very same thing and we are considering a possible collaboration.  It's not a far stretch from what we have built (as you noticed) to lend some sharing efforts for that kind of project.
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:06:07 PM

Smiley

I think we did postulate it!  It's not a new idea though, e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145278.0

A developer (or dev team) contacted us just before our launch and asked about the very same thing and we are considering a possible collaboration.  It's not a far stretch from what we have built (as you noticed) to lend some sharing efforts for that kind of project.

PM me about this when you have some serious people willing to start... I discussed this with members of the Franko Collective and Cryptsy backroom and we came up with some really good ideas and pointed out where code already exists for most of the needed features. A handful of great coders and a few idea and research people could get a true P2P blockchain based torrent tracker going in a few months if not sooner.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 02:39:02 PM

Smiley

PM me about this when you have some serious people willing to start... I discussed this with members of the Franko Collective and Cryptsy backroom and we came up with some really good ideas and pointed out where code already exists for most of the needed features. A handful of great coders and a few idea and research people could get a true P2P blockchain based torrent tracker going in a few months if not sooner.

Will do! :-)
miningwithus

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:18:38 PM

Just launched!
https://i.imgur.com/RonVFOx.png
cfn.miningwith.us
Come throw some hash at us!
Vitalogy

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:45:37 AM

Just launched!

cfn.miningwith.us

Come throw some hash at us!
This one better
Amazing stability

Really??

http://cfn.miningwith.us/ ---> 403 Forbidden error
http://miningwith.us/ -------> 502 Bad Gateway
miningwithus

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:18:53 AM

This one better
Amazing stability

Really??

Not sure why you would be getting that error at all...?
The site is up and running and someone is hashing at 1MH right now.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:31:46 AM

This one better
Amazing stability

Really??

Not sure why you would be getting that error at all...?
The site is up and running and someone is hashing at 1MH right now.

It looks good from here.  Thanks for opening the pool!
seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:21:04 AM

cool coin but you made 1 mistake IMO. it should have been x11 instead of scrypt. i don't want to mine scrypt it's too much power costs
reflector

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:09:31 PM

Dev, have you considered hiring that hype man thisweekscoin?  I suspect that this coin could thrive with a bit of exposure.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 11:27:27 PM

Dev, have you considered hiring that hype man thisweekscoin?  I suspect that this coin could thrive with a bit of exposure.

We have not -- any links?  We're happy to get more exposure, as it's still pretty early on for us.  But so far so good :-)
reflector

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:12:03 AM

We have not -- any links?  We're happy to get more exposure, as it's still pretty early on for us.  But so far so good :-)

It's this dude: https://twitter.com/ThisWeeksCoin  He's pretty well known in the crypto community.
I think confessioncoin could do really well if it were to reach twitter/facebook type crowds.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:02:15 AM

It's this dude: https://twitter.com/ThisWeeksCoin  He's pretty well known in the crypto community.
I think confessioncoin could do really well if it were to reach twitter/facebook type crowds.

Thanks for the reference, I think our team is on it!
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 08:09:11 PM

Just so you guys know we are still doing free confessions for a limited time at confessioncoin.com!
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 04:39:33 AM

Just so you guys know we are still doing free confessions for a limited time at confessioncoin.com!

... and if you feel like paying the penance yourself, feel free!

The only problem with us paying for them is that it tends to seem like they all showed up around the same time since it's manual process on our end for now.  We're choosing not to automate the process (of automatic payouts from our end) to keep spam/non-sense confessions out, but it does have that downside.  In truth, we don't care if you don't care ;-)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: