View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:32:44 PM

oh no, they need a good legal counter affidavit

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:32:55 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 06:09:01 PM by DeathAndTaxes

That is pretty bizarre ruling and hopefully they have the resources to fight it.

That is what I get for relying on a "news" site to summarize the issue rather than reading the actual complaint.  http://www.ssb.state.tx.us/Enforcement/files/1731.pdf

Bitcoin is barely a footnote and the primary thrust of the complaint is securities fraud which would still exist regardless of the payment method.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:04:15 PM

That's not really about Bitcoin. It's about someone selling unregistered securities for a vaporware oil company. (No actual wells, or as they say in Texas, "all hat and no cattle").
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:08:55 PM

Can't have bitcoin invading the territory of the petro back fiat currency. It isn't as easy for the various governments to get their cut and track us down to squeeze taxes from us.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:23:13 PM

Some why, somehow, mainstream media and the SEC are reading my posts, then putting the remaining pieces together. I wonder if this is what Autumn Radtke knew causing her to commit suicide(?).

https://www.dzminercoop.com/faq

Q. What’s the latest news with the Miners Co-op?

A. We’ve gone pro! We’re in the process of incorporating the DZ MC itself as a subcompany (shielded from liability from other subcompanies) in our new Crypto venture related company formed with bobsag3 and investors from Miner Hosting LLC, and with a forward looking oil company in Texas called Balanced Energy LLC.

This new venture is called Cypher Trust LLC, and new products may be offered through our site as a result of this new partnership. There are currently 9 core team members and 6 founders. This has led to GPU parts and LTC/ALT coin rigs now being available and a host of other crypto ventures being incubated.

We are now batch purchasing and selling GPUs and LTC/ALT -coin rigs! We currently have 32 GPUs being run in-house as master test rigs.

I sure do hope that Bitcoin-Central is solvent enough to pay me back the 1,132 BTC they/Paymium have been kind enough to hold for me for over a year now due to the InstaWallet "hack".

Who knows what the SEC may uncover as they further explore the Brock-chain while sitting around their hot tub.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:30:04 PM

Here's the link to the investor alert: http://investor.gov/news-alerts/investor-alerts/investor-alert-bitcoin-other-virtual-currency-related-investments#.U3JkRvldV36
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:42:09 PM

Texas oil company attacked by government for accepting Bitcoin investments - an article by The Cryptocurrency Times http://www.usacryptocoins.com/thecryptocurrencytimes/uncategorized/texas-oil-company-attacked-by-government-for-accepting-bitcoin/
Once again the government  shows  fear that which they cannot control. First The U.S. government flexed its muscles by warning that it has the right to regulate Bitcoin transactions,now they attack companies/investors that use bitcoins.I hate the government!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:55:27 PM

Texas oil company attacked by government for accepting Bitcoin investments - an article by The Cryptocurrency Times http://www.usacryptocoins.com/thecryptocurrencytimes/uncategorized/texas-oil-company-attacked-by-government-for-accepting-bitcoin/

Just another of the many ways in which government will continue to attack Bitcoin.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 07:06:39 PM

Just another of the many ways in which government will continue to attack Bitcoin.

Yeah, and them bastards are attacking Imogo --> BitBlock --> Brosgall Legal --> Bitcoiniacs (right next door)

Given the date on http://www.ssb.state.tx.us/Enforcement/files/1731.pdf, it begs the question: Is Satoshi Nakamoto Candian? Sure would explain the 'or'/'our' spellings away.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:19:37 PM

So actually... A warning about a phoney company that is trying to scam people out of their bitcoin. Basically a new twist on a very old oil well scam. But of course here where the government is always bad, it's an attack on bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 07:54:33 PM

So actually... A warning about a phoney company that is trying to scam people out of their bitcoin. Basically a new twist on a very old oil well scam. But of course here where the government is always bad, it's an attack on bitcoin.

Cryptmint uses the same address as [un]Balanced Energy in Southlake, TX.

Sort of related:

I had a few shares of R17 in the DZ mining co-op. .45 BTC. I asked Matt for a refund at had it in 3 days. Although they provide terrible customer service, I believe he's legit. I've transferred orders and gotten refunds from Matt. He's not scamming anyone.

Looks to me like if Black Arrow is still planning on attending the Bitcoin conference in Austin, somebody else other than Matt Carson will be manning the booth, for I've already shown once how this scumbag can't be trusted.

Remember my post (now deleted, but saved) where I shown that Black Arrow's apology letter was copied and pasted from other sources? Well, are you ready to see C&P again, this time on Matt Carson's Cryptmint site?

https://www.cryptmint.com/index.php?main_page=about_us&zenid=560c63223ad705f3c76d81bc13fa63e0

About Us

Cryptmint was founded at the request of our customers who were seeking an online destination for purchasing precious metals combined with crypto-currency technology in an environment focused on security and service. From the ground up, Cryptmint was built to meet these needs.

We are a premier provider of custom made domestic bullion and numismatic coins located in the Texas and Colorado. Cryptmint is new to the minting world, but getting a lot of attention as a next generation physical cryptocoin minting company within the industry. Cryptmint is setting a new standard for quality and integrity in the manufacturing of precious metals, coin blanks, bullion products, medallions and coins for financial institutions, private corporations, community currencies, and micro nations. Our minting operation is geared to manufacture products to industry standards in brilliant un-circulated (BU) and proof-like or proof quality.

Our goal at Cryptmint, is to build and develop a reputation to provide you with products from a brand that symbolize superior security and purity. At Cryptmint we use the most talented artists, newest technology, and skilled workmanship to manufacture physical Bitcoins, Litecoins and other cryptocurrency precious metal wallets. We provide reliable and discreet shipping. When you make a purchase as important to your future as a precious metals investment, you need to be sure your delivery will make it to your door. To that end, we offer discreet shipping labels and take great care to wrap your product for a safe shipment--all at exceptionally low shipping rates.

The security of your personal information is of the utmost importance. Accordingly, Cryptmint offers a multi-layered approach for your protection: a secure shopping cart, high-grade encryption software, and SSL certificate. Trust is important in this business, so we assure you your credit card and personal information is completely safe. We will never sell or trade your information to any third party. Your trust in Provident Metals is supported by industry-leading security and unbeatable customer service.

http://www.providentmetals.com/why.html

Reliable and Discreet Shipping

When you make a purchase as important to your future as a precious metals investment, you need to be sure your delivery will make it to your door. To that end, we offer discreet shipping labels and take great care to wrap your product for a safe shipment--all at exceptionally low shipping rates.

Secure Online Purchasing

The security of your personal information is of the utmost importance. Accordingly, Provident Metals offers a multi-layered approach for your protection: a secure shopping cart, high-grade encryption software, and SSL certificate through Comodo. Trust is important in this business, so we assure you your credit card and personal information is completely safe. We will never sell or trade your information to any third party. Your trust in Provident Metals is supported by industry-leading security and unbeatable customer service.

http://worldbitcoin.us/?page_id=16

US2coin is new to the minting world, but getting a lot of attention as a next generation minting facility within the industry. US2coin is setting a new standard for quality and integrity in the manufacturing of precious metals, coin blanks, bullion products, medallions and coins for financial institutions, private corporations, community currencies, and micro nations. Our minting operation is geared to manufacture products to industry standards in brilliant un-circulated (BU) and proof-like or proof quality.

Our goal at US2coin is to build and develop a reputation to provide you with products from a brand that symbolize superiority and purity. At US2coin we use the most talented artists, newest technology, and skilled workmanship to manufacture our medallions.

We encourage you to contact us with your requirements, as we are confident that we will be able to assist you in the development of your concepts and produce your minted products to your highest satisfaction.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:03:01 PM

reading the article, and reading the title I'm so confused right now, why is it bitcoin fault while the company the one frauding here ?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:56:42 PM

finally somepeople are seeing through the FUD

now everyone else should see that this is not an attack on bitcoin. its an attack on a 'company' that has no oil plots/land/permits. the small bit that is hyping it up is the scammers are using bitcoins for their funding.

its not about bitcoin. i would ask everyone to replace the words bitcoin with the word dollar. then re-read the article and you will see the company is still breaking laws.

this news is atleast 2 months old and people are still trying to tinfoil hat it into a direct bitcoin attack.. when the true story is a scam warning, that just happens to be using bitcoin as its funding method

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:59:01 PM

finally someone seeing through the FUD

now everyone else should see that this is not an attack on bitcoin. its an attack on a 'company' that has no oil plots/land/permits. the small bit that is hyping it up is the scammers are using bitcoins for their funding.

its not about bitcoin. i would ask everyone to replace the words bitcoin with the word dollar. then re-read the article and you will see the company is still breaking laws.

I think you'd better read the article carefully and while you're at it, learn a little about how the oil business works in the real world.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 09:07:22 PM

finally someone seeing through the FUD

I think you'd better read the article carefully and while you're at it, learn a little about how the oil business works in the real world.

<no tin foil hat>

I think Team 3 Letters Inc. is looking down the Bitcoin rabbit hole, pulling out hares along the way.

If I can connect the dots between Imogo and dosarrest.com and itsecurityguru.org, I'm sure as hell that T3L can do the same thing with their infinite resources.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:17:54 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 09:33:13 PM by 2112

I think that SEC should have a mirror image title to an "accredited investor": an "accredited dumbass". Accredited investor title was meant to protect the proverbial "widows and orphans" from investment scams and the onus is on the sales agent to discover if the investor is accredited.

Accredited dumbass would be a mirror image of this title: somebody who is beyond the reproductive age (or submits to an appropriate for their sex medical procedure) an such a person would would carry a card allowing them to invest in absolutely anything and indemnify the sales agent who sold them their investment.

Accredited dumbass would also be ineligible for unemployment and any other social benefits.

I think nobody would apply for this title unless the card would say "accredited smartass" or some other passive-aggressive platitude.

Edit: Also, the successful applicants for this title should not only receive a card but get a tattoo/branding saying the above, probably on their ass. And the laws that require the hospitals to accept anybody regardless of their ability to pay should be amended to allow throwing out anyone who shows up without valid prepaid insurance and have the accredited dumbass tattoo.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:33:25 PM

http://www.ssb.state.tx.us/Enforcement/files/1731.pdf
The working interests in the South Runway Prospect and the North Guitar Prospect have not been registered by qualification, notification or
coordination, and no permit has been granted for their sale in Texas.

in short they are begging for money before they even have permission to work, prospect, or even dig a hole in the ground. it doesnt even matter if they are asking for bunnyrabbit credits, itunes vouchers, bitcoins, bottles of moonshine. before offering an investment they need to prove they have something to invest in.

...... actually come to think of it.. they are asking for funds to thin air at the moment so technically their lack of 'product' scam is technically a gas.. Cheesy

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 10:12:20 PM

http://www.ssb.state.tx.us/Enforcement/files/1731.pdf
The working interests in the South Runway Prospect and the North Guitar Prospect have not been registered by qualification, notification or
coordination, and no permit has been granted for their sale in Texas.

in short they are begging for money before they even have permission to work, prospect, or even dig a hole in the ground. it doesnt even matter if they are asking for bunnyrabbit credits, itunes vouchers, bitcoins, bottles of moonshine. before offering an investment they need to prove they have something to invest in.

...... actually come to think of it.. they are asking for funds to thin air at the moment so technically their lack of 'product' scam is technically a gas.. Cheesy

Mason Williams' Classical Gas comes to mind.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 10:15:01 PM

Thanks to this thread, I found: Stand And Deliver, Your Bandwidth And Our Bitcoins

When your machine is infected with Linkup you will discover that normal access will be gone and, instead, you will be greeted with a warning message which claims to have come from the Council of Europe. The bogus message will offer an explanation of why your internet access has been blocked – it implies that the Council has taken this action because it has detected potential child pornography on your machine:

“The Provisions on the fight against sexual exploitation of children and child pornography on the Internet complies with the provisions of a EU Council decision from December 2003. It gives the police powers to arrest those who are responsible for child online pornography, calls for the creation of the National Centre to combat child pornography on the internet and establishes that Internet Service Providers have a legal obligation to adopt a filtering system to avoid access to sites censored by the Centre.”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: