Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:02:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Group Buy Ant S2 $1650.- May 25th - 150/150 - Antminer S3 Coming Soon  (Read 21859 times)
ovidus

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:11:02 AM

This is something I've never encountered before. Can someone explain this to me? I tracked my package, and its already in Anchorage Alaska, and the message below was listed with the packages location

A valid tax ID or deferment number is missing and is required for clearance. We are working to obtain this information. / Your package is at the clearing agency awaiting further release.

I appreciate any help understanding what this means.

Juan, your doing a great job. Thank you again!

Let me guess you in Canada??
sameerpathan

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:06:05 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 03:23:16 AM by sameerpathan

Juan,

I picked up my UPS package today excited like a baby (as this was my 1st Rig), well it turned 180 degree so fast in a hurry. Sad Sad

1. All 10 cards were off and rattling around inside.
2. Capacitors fallen off the cards and missing
3. cables not connected
4. Solid capacitors missing of the main board
5. Bent FAN pins
6. Bent slots on the main board
7. Riser which holds the cards in place completely bent out of shape.

I have no clue how someone puts a QC passed sticker in the front of the box when clearly there was no QC done in my opinion.

After reseating all cards, cleaning up the mess I was able to turn on the unit.(after 3-4 attempts), the unit has 4 red lights on the main board, hashing at 400hGH/s - 575Gh/s, when I remember that this unit hashes at 1.4 Th/s .

I am really disappointed and look forward to how we are going to resolve this issue.

Posting some pictures for proof.

I remember you telling on this forum that you have spare parts in stock and would ship if needed. Looks like I would definitely need those spare parts.

Thanks

Sameer

http://s4.postimg.org/5jieevjnd/2014_05_29_18_05_48.jpg

http://s8.postimg.org/6tkojs1yt/2014_05_29_18_05_54.jpg

http://s18.postimg.org/vbeh8o7fd/2014_05_29_18_06_30.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/qjihedv6l/2014_05_29_18_06_36.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/6ir40qnvf/2014_05_29_18_07_55.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/rnkz9am81/2014_05_29_18_12_55.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/hi8jeimn1/Screen_Shot_2014_05_29_at_11_08_52_PM.png
Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:56:48 AM

Juan,

I picked up my UPS package today excited like a baby (as this was my 1st Rig), well it turned 180 degree so fast in a hurry. Sad Sad

3. cables not connected
5. Bent FAN pins

I have no clue how someone puts a QC passed sticker in the front of the box when clearly there was no QC done in my opinion.

After reseating all cards, cleaning up the mess I was able to turn on the unit.(after 3-4 attempts), the unit has 4 red lights on the main board, hashing at 400hGH/s - 575Gh/s, when I remember that this unit hashes at 1.4 Th/s .

I am really disappointed and look forward to how we are going to resolve this issue.

I remember you telling on this forum that you have spare parts in stock and would ship if needed. Looks like I would definitely need those spare parts.

Thanks

Sameer

I don't think your anger at the QC department is justified.  There's no way it left the manufacturer in that condition.  That is damage caused by the carrier.

I'm actually impressed that it works at all after seeing those pictures.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:22:54 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 05:55:51 AM by Collider

Unit works above 1TH, everything is fine so far.

Thank you for your effort Juan, looking forward to the next groupbuy!

You could also include a hosting option directly into the next groupbuy thread, for those who need it.
digitizing

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:54:14 AM

Oh God, they declare full price even I give note on the order.
I should pay $360 for custom and fee Sad
Algernong

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:17:43 AM

Credit where credit is due, I ordered 1 Antminer on the GB with 1 years hosting and Juan said it would be up and running on the 29th and lo and behold there it is! Thank you - would buy again!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:25:11 AM

Juan,

3. cables not connected
5. Bent FAN pins

Thanks

Sameer

I don't think your anger at the QC department is justified.  There's no way it left the manufacturer in that condition.  That is damage caused by the carrier.

I'm actually impressed that it works at all after seeing those pictures.

Let us please put this in perspective.

This is happening way too frequently. Meaning they HAVE TO FIX the packaging. It is the people boxing it up for shipment that need to get some cardboard to help hold the cards in place. This is a well known and repeated problem. You buy at your own risk from these guys because of this issue.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Storm2313

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:51:13 AM

I'm located in the US. Florida actually. I've never seen this message on an item I tracked before.
Storm2313

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:58:06 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 11:21:44 AM by Storm2313

WOW! The payment was made on the 28th, and scheduled delivery is today!! Juan great job! I look forward to hashing this evening.

I honestly think the shipping issues are directly linked to UPS. The cards can only be packed as to allow minimal movement from sudden blunt impact. If they use any packing materials to make them rigid in their motherboard they would most likely be to rigid, and destroyed after the first drop they incurred. I order from China on a very regular basis, and all things being considered they pack most items better than companies in the US.

Please take into consideration these units are being dropped, kicked, pushed, thrown ect.. far to frequently. UPS is infamous for its disregard for parcels, speaking myself as a buisness owner. I can tell you they have a horrible track record with package handeling. Google their insurance amount claims, and it speaks volumes about their overall performance. They worry far to much about the package getting to its location in a certain time frame. If the customer receives the package, and it's undamaged consider it a sign of luck. I deal in CNC equipment, and ship stepper motors that are solid steel encased, and as I type this I just did a return cause they managed to break a motor mount (out of 1/4 steel!!)  

I honestly feel Juan will back you up to get your miner running. He has far more to lose if he doesn't considering the amount of people who purchased from the GB. Personally I feel it's the true measure of a companies integrity the way they handle an issue when it arises. If he takes care of the issue immediately as he most likely will, then that reflects he's the man to save to your favorites for a purchase later.

This for the most part has been a real smooth process. If they could iron out the shipping courier parcel damages issue it would be perfect. Once my order is received I will leave Juan his well deserved trust feedback.

Juan once again Excellent job orchestrating this!!

gallery2000

Activity: 784

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:40:43 PM

S2 is not spoonfed.  I have to open the unit and inspect for loose parts.  It was exciting to put back parts to its working condition.  If you want to spoon feed then consider Spoondofeed machines

sjc1490

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:37:37 PM

Mine looked as if UPS played football with it and all but 2 cards were floating around but luckily the boards weren't missing any parts. Juan answered my pm right back and asked me to keep him posted as I reassembled it. I was fortunate as everything went back and it is up and hashing as advertised.

Definitely seems as if UPS is the problem here.

Does seem it would solve the problem if Bitmain would just bubble wrap the cards and put them inside the case and let the user put them in when the unit arrived. Seems as this would be beneficial to both them and the buyer.

Juan since you are the main seller in the US for these maybe it is something you could suggest to them? Just my thoughts.

Thanks again and look forward to the next GB.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:49:33 PM

S2 is not spoonfed.  I have to open the unit and inspect for loose parts.  It was exciting to put back parts to its working condition.  If you want to spoon feed then consider Spoondofeed machines

Your a fucking idiot.
hobbymd

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:57:39 PM

Your a fucking idiot.

sorry but lol he is right  Grin  why would be excited that you have to open your new miner to inspect for problems??!

I don't get it, I personally prefer/hope mine comes intact so I don't need to open it  Wink
gallery2000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:26:32 PM

Your a fucking idiot.

There is no need for name calling and acting like school children.

gallery2000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:29:41 PM

S2 is not spoonfed.  I have to open the unit and inspect for loose parts.  It was exciting to put back parts to its working condition.  If you want to spoon feed then consider Spoondofeed machines

Your a fucking idiot.

sorry but lol he is right  Grin  why would be excited that you have to open your new miner to inspect for problems??!

I don't get it, I personally prefer/hope mine comes intact so I don't need to open it  Wink

The reality with the S2 is you have to open them before you plug in and power up.  I don't want to take any chances that the miner will short cirtcuit on me.  

Out of the 20 S2 that I ordered recently, I found only 2 that needed repair.  Thus, it was exciting because you don't know what is under the hood.

wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:21:24 PM

I just love receiving damaged broken goods that I paid top dollar for  Roll Eyes
gallery2000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:47:30 PM

I just love receiving damaged broken goods that I paid top dollar for  Roll Eyes

$1650 is a steal so you are not really paying top dollar for

Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:29:25 AM

I just love receiving damaged broken goods that I paid top dollar for  Roll Eyes

$1650 is a steal so you are not really paying top dollar for
Most of it isn´t actually broken, as in the cases where something came loose you can just fix it by reseating the boards.

If you have broken capacitors or other components coming off a board, just send this certain board for RMA. I heard it takes less than 4 days to get a new "blade".

I agree this shouldn´t happen, but most units arrive okay and it isn´t bitmains´fault when the UPS guys decide to play football with your package.
Storm2313

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:51:39 AM

I received 7 of my 11 units, and all power up perfectly. I will begin hashing when all the units arrive. I have to say the way each unit was packaged was quite literally PERFECT, and actually far better then most units are shipped in the states. They used HEAVY foam ends wrapped around the chassis, and double walled boxes. Then they wrapped double walled bubble wrap around the units after they had the foam ends installed which make the units float in the box to absorb impact.

I will post pictures, and have to say according to UPS shipping guidelines Bitmain followed their packaging specs perfectly.

Juan once again great job sir. I will be purchasing from you on a regular basis. Bitmain has defined themselves as a company that's taking mining to a new level.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 04:20:56 PM

Juan, any ideas of you'll do another group buy batch?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: