Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:14:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenn Beck calls bitcoin Edison's light bulb!  (Read 4539 times)
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:32:25 PM

Glen Beck is a Mormon.  These are some of the most dishonest people you can ever run across.

Only the small minded would assign traits to a large group of people at once. There are good and bad people in all walks of life and in all religions.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 07:56:50 PM

Glenn Beck = Low IQ adult who believes in imaginary friends. Superstition is the end of reason, ergo Mr. Beck deserves no respect from anyone....

After seeing the thread title, and before reading the thread:
That was/is my question, Does Glenn Beck deserve the respect to be included in any worthwhile discussion?
He certainly has a large audience, but the same can be said of Lady Goo Goo and Justin Trouble.

His show is all internet-based now, no longer on TV.

He is still on the radio every morning, but I almost never listen.
I used to find him somewhat entertaining (and "almost libertarian"), but I felt burned way too many times.
Glenn Beck did introduce many people to some good books.  Smiley

Hence, why I listen to NPR, for you never what you'll learn from those opposite your views. Same true for not putting anybody on ignore.

BTW, thanks for letting me know that he's on the radio, bud.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:54:49 PM

Glenn Beck = Low IQ adult who believes in imaginary friends. Superstition is the end of reason, ergo Mr. Beck deserves no respect from anyone....

That was/is my question, Does Glenn Beck deserve the respect to be included in any worthwhile discussion?
He certainly has a large audience, but the same can be said of Lady Goo Goo and Justin Trouble.

I used to find him somewhat entertaining (and "almost libertarian"), but I felt burned way too many times.

Hence, why I listen to NPR, for you never what you'll learn from those opposite your views. Same true for not putting anybody on ignore.

You are welcome.
He is still going strong on Fox radio, in many cities (or he was as of a month ago)
I usually don't turn on the radio until afternoon; Dennis Miller is relatively harmless and sometimes funny.

Balkhole

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:56:40 PM

I am glad bitcoin seems to be growing.
bitcerto

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:04:29 PM

What are ya'll complaining about? Good press is good press, even if it's from Glenn Beck. We're seeing more people become pro-Bitcoin every day. It's good for the immediate price and good for long term acceptance and adoption.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:03:49 PM

You are welcome.
He is still going strong on Fox radio, in many cities (or he was as of a month ago)
I usually don't turn on the radio until afternoon; Dennis Miller is relatively harmless and sometimes funny.

would you say he's a toned down version (and less angry) of alex jones? both are kooky and like to point at people for crazy conspiracies after all. they're all in it for the theater.
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:42:50 PM

Glen Beck is a Mormon.  These are some of the most dishonest people you can ever run across.

Only the small minded would assign traits to a large group of people at once. There are good and bad people in all walks of life and in all religions.

You are right of course.  I wasn't meaning they were all dishonest.  All groups have dishonest people in them.  However, I have a particular dislike for the Mormon group in general.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:45:10 PM

You are right of course.  I wasn't meaning they were all dishonest.  All groups have dishonest people in them.  However, I have a particular dislike for the Mormon group in general.

Having a few Mormon freinds whom I trust implicitly, I'm wondering why you say that.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:45:39 PM

I understand. I grew up in a Southern Baptist church and harbor a strong resentment toward evangelicals in general. Most are decent people but some I cannot stand.

jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:09:00 AM

Tried to read a Glenn Beck book once.  That was painful.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:41:53 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 05:59:02 AM by serenitys

There was a time I adored Ted Nugent and really enjoyed Glenn Beck.

I'm definitely having an uncomfortable moment here seeing that I actually agree with GB on something.

But I totally draw the line with Coulter. Somebody bring me a pie.

And...this

I feel...violated

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 05:54:42 AM

There was a time I adored Ted Nugent and really enjoyed Glenn Beck.

I'm definitely having an uncomfortable moment here seeing that I actually agree with GB on something.

But I totally draw the line with Coulter. Somebody bring me a pie.

I'm feeling the exact same way, it doesn't feel right agreeing with the man Tongue lol it's sad that he's being more open minded about Bitcoin than most people in the world right now, I think we need to show this video to them in order to shame them.

Knowing them though they'll just go "Oh Glenn Beck likes it, it must be a scam" or "Glenn Beck? I'm not watching that" etc. etc.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:35:04 AM

You are right of course.  I wasn't meaning they were all dishonest.  All groups have dishonest people in them.  However, I have a particular dislike for the Mormon group in general.

I understand. I grew up in a Southern Baptist church and harbor a strong resentment toward evangelicals in general. Most are decent people but some I cannot stand.

Well, Brothers and Sisters (Can I have an "Amen!"?), I think it will not be long before Bitcoin will be considered by the Followers of The Lo-ord to be connected with The Mark of The Beast (Shout: Halleujah!).

This is the sort of idiot shit that is coming down the road but the Mormons won't be the ones.

They are much smarter than that!*

*The handling of serpents (Amen!) will soon follow in relation to Bitcoin!

Corporations For Crypto
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:38:18 AM

I think you give religious people too much credit, considering the arguments I've had with people on this board, I guarantee you Bitcoin at some point will be called the 'devils' currency because it doesn't have god in it and follows mathematics instead.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:42:27 AM

I think you give religious people too much credit, considering the arguments I've had with people on this board, I guarantee you Bitcoin at some point will be called the 'devils' currency because it doesn't have god in it and follows mathematics instead.

100% correct and spot on!

It'll make no difference to those of who understand what is really going on which understanding precludes about half of the membership of this forum.

Corporations For Crypto
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:51:42 AM

He has a hard core following that hang on every word.

And that hardcore following is going to be extremely turned off by the two insanely effeminate males on the panel.  

As great as they both are .... Beck's crowd is going to be so distracted by that, that it is going to take away from the message.

Trust me.   i know several of these people.

Dammit I wish they would think these things through before they put them on the air.  

A female and two gay guys is enough to outweight Glenn Beck's opinion, to Tea Party people.   Believe me.

Don't underestimate the ignorance and hate of his demographic.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:53:39 AM

And that hardcore following is going to be extremely turned off by the two insanely effeminate males on the panel.  

As great as they both are .... Beck's crowd is going to be so distracted by that, that it is going to take away from the message.

Dammit I wish they would think these things through before they put them on the air.  

A female and two gay guys is enough to outweight Glenn Beck's opinion, to Tea Party people.   Believe me.

-B-

Well, it ain't happened yet so why don't you stop it with the doomsaying?

Corporations For Crypto
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 07:46:48 AM

I can understand the pessimism though, people are quick to forget that religious people used to jail and torture people who pointed out they were wrong especially if they used mathematics to prove it, these days they resort to victimisation and personal attacks or protests but it's still the same mentality, if they could go back to the times where Galileo got jailed for saying the solar system revolved around the sun they would.

It still happens in Arab countries for example because they haven't had their renaissance yet, I hope it happens for them soon and you still get this mentality in very religious areas of America.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:00:25 AM

-B-

i consider his fan base as out of the mainstream but still republican.. and their preferred form of fuel is anger and delusion. it's ridiculous how they blame obama on everything, and when you ask them why.. they don't even know how to answer.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 11:46:13 AM

-B-

i consider his fan base as out of the mainstream but still republican.. and their preferred form of fuel is anger and delusion. it's ridiculous how they blame obama on everything, and when you ask them why.. they don't even know how to answer.

Nobody's going to believe you if you don't link the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaxECcTjCuw
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: