Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:46:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenn Beck calls bitcoin Edison's light bulb!  (Read 4542 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:14:06 PM

wow wow wow great investigation, guys. Glenn Beck is the pedo mastermind behind Bitcoin for sure and definitely killed a few interns.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 03:32:48 PM

you guys are being wayyyy too critical of Glenn Beck.  He's more or less a regular guy who wants to fix the problems in the US.  Lighten up.

and btw- I live in 'rural America' and wouldn't have it any other way.  Red State FTW.

-bm

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:59:00 PM

“I’m thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I’m wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus — band — Do, and I’ve lost all sense of right and wrong now.”– May 17, 2005

That ^ is entertainment.
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:14:25 PM

Glen Beck is a Mormon.  These are some of the most dishonest people you can ever run across.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:15:38 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 05:24:36 PM by kuroman

Edison did not invent the light bulb, and a lot of things that are credit to him are not his own invention but stolen ideas, but yes Glenn has some good points in his speech but the way he is presenting things is way to alarmist with a layer of conspiracy theory, so I guess people should take some of what he says with grain of salt
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:20:35 PM

“I’m thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I’m wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus — band — Do, and I’ve lost all sense of right and wrong now.”– May 17, 2005

That ^ is entertainment.

it's funny because you could easily replace "michael moore" with "glenn beck." there's just something about his face, in addition to the batshit crazy stuff he says, that makes me want to punch it. he's like this fat troll who realizes that saying trollish shit makes him wealthy, so he does it.. and it's on hyperdrive.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 05:27:14 PM

Glenn Beck = Low IQ adult who believes in imaginary friends. Superstition is the end of reason, ergo Mr. Beck deserves no respect from anyone.

“I’m thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I’m wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus — band — Do, and I’ve lost all sense of right and wrong now.”
-Glenn Beck

“God is giving a plan I think to me that is not really a plan. The problem is that I think the plan that the Lord would have us follow is hard for people to understand. Because of my track record with you who have been here for a long time. Because of my track record with you, I beg of you to help me get this message out, and I beg of you to pray for clarity on my part.”
-Glenn Beck

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 05:48:41 PM

wow wow wow great investigation, guys. Glenn Beck is the pedo mastermind behind Bitcoin for sure and definitely killed a few interns.

To be clear, connecting GB to anything related to Bitcoin or the paedo- scene was not my intent.

My dad and I used to watch Glenn every night up to a year prior to his (dad) passing. At some point, dad felt like something about Glenn changed (his stance on issues), so dad found another show to watch on TV during that time frame.
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:54:10 PM

Glenn Beck is heard by many people, but most forget one thing.  He's not a political analyst, lobbyist, or former high ranking government official.  He's an entertainer.  Nothing more. 
beetcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:57:31 PM

Glenn Beck is heard by many people, but most forget one thing.  He's not a political analyst, lobbyist, or former high ranking government official.  He's an entertainer.  Nothing more.  

more like he's an entertainer who reverberates the voices of billionaires, politicians, or lobbyists... so he does play a role.
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:03:57 PM

Just because Glenn Beck is a Mormon and you find him dishonest or whatever, I wouldn't  judge (insert your religion here) just on your behavior.. I know good mormons, bad ones, good catholics, bad ones, etc, etc.. you get the point....

And he is an entertainer. He is very different in person than on tv or on the radio..
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:04:51 PM

Glen Beck is a Mormon.  These are some of the most dishonest people you can ever run across.

Bees Brothers in 5...4...3...
beetcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:06:44 PM

Just because Glenn Beck is a Mormon and you find him dishonest or whatever, I wouldn't  judge (insert your religion here) just on your behavior.. I know good mormons, bad ones, good catholics, bad ones, etc, etc.. you get the point....

And he is an entertainer. He is very different in person than on tv or on the radio..

sure, but that doesn't change the fact that mormons are kookier thank normal kooky religious. they run their religion more like a business than most other ones. they knock on your door, try to convert you, and then ask you to tithe.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:13:07 PM

Just because Glenn Beck is a Mormon and you find him dishonest or whatever, I wouldn't  judge (insert your religion here) just on your behavior.. I know good mormons, bad ones, good catholics, bad ones, etc, etc.. you get the point....

sure, but that doesn't change the fact that mormons are kookier thank normal kooky religious. they run their religion more like a business than most other ones. they knock on your door, try to convert you, and then ask you to tithe.

At least the Jehovah Witness NEVER ask for funds when they're out Witnessing. Nor do they was have a collect plate in their Kingdom Halls or believe in tithing, yet have no problem amassing funds.

Quick aside, I've been to two JW funerals/awakes, and it's a site to see: minimum grieving with much joyness - and plenty of food with, yes, goat meat if the family's Greek.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:14:07 PM

Beck is a bit of a screwball but even screwballs get things right once in a while.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:14:24 PM

There you go!  Get the Mormon church to accept Bitcoin!  Come up with some fancy slogan to boot.  
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:14:49 PM

Glenn Beck = Low IQ adult who believes in imaginary friends. Superstition is the end of reason, ergo Mr. Beck deserves no respect from anyone....

After seeing the thread title, and before reading the thread:
That was/is my question, Does Glenn Beck deserve the respect to be included in any worthwhile discussion?
He certainly has a large audience, but the same can be said of Lady Goo Goo and Justin Trouble.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 07:18:40 PM

Glenn Beck = Low IQ adult who believes in imaginary friends. Superstition is the end of reason, ergo Mr. Beck deserves no respect from anyone....

That was/is my question, Does Glenn Beck deserve the respect to be included in any worthwhile discussion?
He certainly has a large audience, but the same can be said of Lady Goo Goo and Justin Trouble.

His show is all internet-based now, no longer on TV.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:24:02 PM

His show is all internet-based now, no longer on TV.

He is still on the radio every morning, but I almost never listen.
I used to find him somewhat entertaining (and "almost libertarian"), but I felt burned way too many times.
Glenn Beck did introduce many people to some good books.  Smiley

vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:28:00 PM

Glenn beck would be good if he wasn't so outrageous and didn't make comments in which he has absolutely nothing to back them up with. He does have some interesting things to say but he dilutes it too much with his craziness. His views on social issues can be a bit nazi like as well...

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: