Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 9651 times)
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:11:19 PM

A few minutes with a calculator will show anyone why Cex.io can never be profitable when used just for mining.  The price of a gigahash falls faster than the bitcoins that gigahash can generate during the same time, even if you end up selling the investment plus keeping the generated bitcoins.  And then there are the fees.

The only people who make money on cex.io are the ones who got in very early and the traders riding the price downwards while extracting value from price swings.  Everyone else loses.

Wrong i'm afraid, take a look at GHS price charts, been upwards since begin of May, interestingly it seems to have disconnected from it's inverse relationship to difficulty.. Take a look at the Futures contracts CEX.IO made available (FHA & FHM) again profitable opportunities.
If you ONLY buy cloud hashing sit back and expect a profit, then the only outcome you'll get is disapointment.
Trading GHS and mining combined can be profitable if you educate yourself and treat your trading as a business in terms of your approach.
This is a very interesting feature of the GHs that are sold by CEX. In a market that was 100% efficient the price of the GHs should gradually go down as they will produce less and less income in the future. I am curious to know how much cex trades GHs for their own account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thegold

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:46:53 PM

i think soo... but it's reasonable than mining with hardware when you have not much money.. Smiley

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:42:04 PM

i think soo... but it's reasonable than mining with hardware when you have not much money.. Smiley

The safest way to gain some money is investing all you can in bitcoins, not in mining hardware or cloud mining.
Cloud mining is easier but in order to have some profit from it, you have to be very lucky choosing the right coin to instamine.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:56:24 PM

Ok I'm gonna say that I "fell" for this too, but I did the math, and I'm making money...

I have honestly tried my hardest to find places where I lose my money, but the math says I am going up, consistently. Now I do also trade the hashes, but still. I've been holding a few hashes recently as the price is on an up trend, and I'm getting really nice ROIs.

Someone explain why it is such a bad investment though? I read the thread, but am I THAT different from everyone else in their experiences?

I checked everything; I'm making money. So I don't see what the problem is.
Wooo! Copy-paster!

This has been saved and reported to PrimeDice

Ok I'm gonna say that I "fell" for this too, but I did the math, and I'm making money...

I have honestly tried my hardest to find places where I lose my money, but the math says I am going up, consistently. Now I do also trade the hashes, but still. I've been holding a few hashes recently as the price is on an up trend, and I'm getting really nice ROIs.

Someone explain why it is such a bad investment though? I read the thread, but am I THAT different from everyone else in their experiences?

I checked everything; I'm making money. So I don't see what the problem is.
For reference.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 02:54:43 AM

I don't think pbmining is a ponzi do you have anything to support your claim, cex.io probably best fits that title the only people making money are its owners.

Really?  I guess I was just lucky then.  I made a couple hundred bucks profit on cex.io.  I just bought GHS when the price was right, and sold it right when there was a price spike.  Also made some nice mining profit along the way. 

It was kind of unstable though, and I found myself constantly checking the site...  Not a good LONG term investment. :-/
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:48:25 AM

Maybe profitable investment if the price 0.001 GH/s  Tongue
and no maintenance fee

i think we better see other cloud mining
PBMining.com / lunamine.com / bitcoincloudservices.com is better than CEX.IO

I don't think pbmining is a ponzi do you have anything to support your claim, cex.io probably best fits that title the only people making money are its owners.

Really?  I guess I was just lucky then.  I made a couple hundred bucks profit on cex.io.  I just bought GHS when the price was right, and sold it right when there was a price spike.  Also made some nice mining profit along the way. 

It was kind of unstable though, and I found myself constantly checking the site...  Not a good LONG term investment. :-/

Trading GH/s is very risky
I think everyone should be careful

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
thegold

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:48:45 AM

The safest way to gain some money is investing all you can in bitcoins, not in mining hardware or cloud mining.
Cloud mining is easier but in order to have some profit from it, you have to be very lucky choosing the right coin to instamine.

hmm investing bitcoins? may you have a link for invest it? or trade bitcoins?
thank youu.. Smiley

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:49:28 AM

"not a profitable investment"

That depends on WHEN you trade and to WHO for WHAT price.

Some people defensively made a profit there, buying the Ghz cheap and selling them expensive and in the mean time making profit from the BTC they mine. Right now it might not me a good time to buy Ghz there, but if one were holding Ghz it might be a good to sell them to some fool who pays overprice for it.

In the end someone will make a profit and someone will make a lose. Not to strange.

+1.
Earlier people traded GHs in Cex.io and made profits. They buy GHs when the price is low and sell it when it increases. They got profit just for trading + they got some BTC before they sell the GHs as it was mining. But now the price is neither decreasing nor increasing. It makes the investment in Cex.io non-profitable. If they increase the price of GHs, then the persons who already invested will get profit and if they decrease the price, new persons can buy and sell it when the price increases.
Kindly,
      MZ

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:25:06 PM

... But now the price is neither decreasing nor increasing. It makes the investment in Cex.io non-profitable. If they increase the price of GHs, then the persons who already invested will get profit and if they decrease the price, new persons can buy and sell it when the price increases.

The price is decreasing. One month ago, it was around 7.4 mBTC and now it is at 4.7 mBTC. That's a 36% decrease. The price drops relentlessly as the difficulty increases. Hoping for the price to increase is risky and foolish. It is like trying to float upstream in a river. Some people get lucky because they happen to pick the right time, but most people lose money as the price continues to drop.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
RobertDJ

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:28:12 PM

... But now the price is neither decreasing nor increasing. It makes the investment in Cex.io non-profitable. If they increase the price of GHs, then the persons who already invested will get profit and if they decrease the price, new persons can buy and sell it when the price increases.

The price is decreasing. One month ago, it was around 7.4 mBTC and now it is at 4.7 mBTC. That's a 36% decrease. The price drops relentlessly as the difficulty increases. Hoping for the price to increase is risky and foolish. It is like trying to float upstream in a river. Some people get lucky because they happen to pick the right time, but most people lose money as the price continues to drop.

In theory the price of CEX's Ghs should always decrease because the GHs will have paid out some BTC from found blocks.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:41:16 PM

In theory the price of CEX's Ghs should always decrease because the GHs will have paid out some BTC from found blocks.

That's true. In theory, if the difficulty doesn't change, then 1 GH/s is worth approximately 1/150,000,000 of the remaining 8,000,000 bitcoins, or 0.053 BTC, and that value drops as the number of bitcoins remaining drops.

But, the reality is that the difficulty will continue to rise relentlessly and the value of 1 GH/s is really much less than that -- more like 0.004 BTC.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
thegold

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:11:47 AM

w0w.. the price decrease so quick...
hmm,... i bought 4.6mBTC/GHs.. Sad
is there any advice where the place for cloud mining?
thank you.. Smiley

blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:02:04 AM

You need to take into consideration the amount of bitcoin these GHs have paid out since they were trading at these prices. Even though the prices have decreased, the owner of the GHs would have reaped some amount of benefit from the mining revenue.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
thegold

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:21:03 PM

hheeelllooo...
is this threaadd stiilll liveee??

it's hard to investment in cloudd mining for mining....
that's my think...
the price is fluctuation... and based at demand and supplyyy Sad
rthe price of cex.io now is 0.0037....

DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:37:52 PM

Very difficult to invest in cloudmining now, because because the prices are very volatile investments, we can not predict when we will return the result of capital investment, so I think investing in cloudmining at this time is very less favorable, hopefully next time there are system that can estimate how much profit we will get from the investment ...  Cool

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:35:53 PM

Cex.io was always a bad investment. Only affiliates won from it.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:54:33 PM

Now it is profitable. I made some through mining and trading. Just give it a try. Buy at much lower price and sell it at higher price. Will take a few hours to execute the order. Need to be patient. Smiley

~~MZ~~

murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:57:17 PM

Now it is profitable. I made some through mining and trading. Just give it a try. Buy at much lower price and sell it at higher price. Will take a few hours to execute the order. Need to be patient. Smiley

Wow, if only everyone else had thought of that!
It is a bad investment, because over time each unit will lose value.
There is no rational expectation that you will be able to make money trading units.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 01:01:50 PM

Wow, if only everyone else had thought of that!
It is a bad investment, because over time each unit will lose value.
There is no rational expectation that you will be able to make money trading units.

You can make some through cex.io at this time(current price) . I understand what you meant and I think you understood what I meant too. Smiley Like you said, after sometime, when the price increases, it will be non-profitable.

~~MZ~~

w4ssop

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:38:22 PM

It has been profitable for some months but it's not easy to predict when there will be the next (small) uptrend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: