Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:01:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OMFG! GOOGLE DRIVER LESS CAR!  (Read 860 times)
AnimeBoy_007

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:50:49 PM

Just wanna say this. If you give a destination on GPS it'll take you to there. But, if there were a technical default with GPS/Car. You'll go to Somewhere along with the car. Also Jared (Silicon Valley Tv Series). Now at somewhere else in Middle of ocean. Grin
dogec

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:16:44 PM

The future is so close.

Driver less car + crypto money = wtf futurama in the making?!?!?
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:26:39 PM

I read about Mercedes-Benz having an autonomous car, this is great. If anyone were to do it first, it would be Google. Benz got it to travel from one city to another and will be out in 7 years.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:31:56 PM

So, people trust a random taxi driver, or a bus driver that gets paid nearly min wage with their lives... but they don't trust a multi-billion dollar company which will be sued to fuck if they screw up? As opposed to that min wage driver which would get slapped with a fine and a short, short stay in jail (if any jail time)?

Google self-driving cars are the future. Really, we need to solve the rain / snow issue. The camera can't "see" through rain or snow, so we'll still manually have to drive during those times. Personally, I will embrace the future.

carpe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:34:39 PM

I read about Mercedes-Benz having an autonomous car, this is great. If anyone were to do it first, it would be Google. Benz got it to travel from one city to another and will be out in 7 years.

They have the automatic break lock sense thing, which is pretty good for people who sleep behind the wheel or distracted.

But as for google, imagine these cars become the norm, then whats the social aspect of having a car is just for premium social status.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:37:15 PM

Probably in the future the cars will be automatized, if not the flying ones come first.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:47:23 PM

We ll all be soon converted into robots, with techs like improved google glass, car, n apple iwatch.

This is kind of happening already. Many people carry a computer around with photo camera, internet, gps tracking, instant messaging etc.. we still call it a phone, but the phone is more an addition than anything else.

In the future we will see more small devices, because the governments want to know your every move. I am certain we will have advanced computer watches, glasses, computer belts and what not.

Is it possible for a driverless to car drive the same roads as a car being driven by a human? Don't the the cars need to talk to each other to keep distance and speed?

Computer software is able to do this, depending on who made the software.  The software can use various techniques like vehicle tracking, road tracking, etc to maintain distance and speed.

In order words, yes, this is already possible. Why you don’t see them yet is because it is an issue with law rather than technology.
To make a driver less car is a little tricky project, but I could make one if I had time and money.

the more there are driverless cars by google, the more likely there is to be an accident.. and once that happens, if someone gets badly injured, google is totally going to get slapped with a lawsuit.

Google has billions, they will not lay awake for 10.000$ fine. In addition, legally the driver is to blame - so they will try to play on that.

To be fair they've had this kind of technology for years, it's called active cruise control I think, it's just getting a lot more sophisticated now, even without government agencies messing with everything the idea of such basic parts of our lives having an internet connection scares the shit out of me and I really like the internet, but I can easily see criminals using this kind of technology to kill people.

cruise control is very basic, it just maintains a certain speed. This has added several modules, such as a visual module (cameras+software) to interpret the road, the distance etc. A learning module to learn the traffic rules and situation etc.

Google self-driving cars are the future. Really, we need to solve the rain / snow issue. The camera can't "see" through rain or snow, so we'll still manually have to drive during those times. Personally, I will embrace the future.

I think in the future we will have a optional solution. You can turn the automatic driving on/off. This is simply to deal with the legal situation

Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:15:58 AM

Google is giving reporters rides to show them the capabilities engineered in the car.  It looks like they are real close to releasing a working model to the public.  Biggest hurdles is getting new laws past and sorting out insurance policies.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/14/5716468/i-took-a-ride-in-a-self-driving-car
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:11:18 AM

They used the google cars to make the street view in their maps.

The cars drove themselves, but there was a human in the car to take over. Dont think the human interfered much.

The thing is, humans drive soooooo bad, a computer can blow 70% or more of the drivers away!!!

Im mean easily!! You guys drive. Most people are all thumbs.

Then you add in the phones, drugs, paying more attention to the passengers. Lets not forget speed. Tjese cars wont speed, wont tailgate. Use turn signals, check their blind spots, etc etc
hensi (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:27:17 AM

They used the google cars to make the street view in their maps.

The cars drove themselves, but there was a human in the car to take over. Dont think the human interfered much.

The thing is, humans drive soooooo bad, a computer can blow 70% or more of the drivers away!!!

Im mean easily!! You guys drive. Most people are all thumbs.

Then you add in the phones, drugs, paying more attention to the passengers. Lets not forget speed. Tjese cars wont speed, wont tailgate. Use turn signals, check their blind spots, etc etc
A computer will certainly do better than the humans and there will be certainly less chances of having an accident with the computer controlled cars.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: