Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it smart to make a Bitcoin Faucet  (Read 6900 times)
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:03:37 PM

No, it's not smart. Probably a waste of time for everyone involved,.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:05:13 PM

I wasted too much time on faucets. I guess they can be profitable for the owners if you can get the hits and advertising though.

Yeah, a massive waste of time for most people, at less than a penny for a min of work isnt worth anyones time.

Newbs are just naive and want to get their hands on some coins quickly.
Or maybe they're testing out their wallets, or just experiencing receiving bitcoins?

I recently checked out Dogecoin by using the faucets. Sure it's a massive waste of time for amassing coins, but it is a nice way to expose you to the crypto.

I learned nothing as I already have Bitcoin wallets, but it's plain to see how it can give newbies a buzz when they see their first coin being verified in the blockchain Smiley

Faucets used to give out hundreds of DOGE per claim. Compare that to their cap in price (200 sat) and they could have been profitable. This is where speculation comes in. Now they give almost nothing because the value has gone up. But when they were worth nothing, they had to give more to compensate for having no value.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Jesu

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:08:29 PM

I want to know how many coins the first ones gave away when they were giving out whole bitcoins.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:36:49 PM

I want to know how many coins the first ones gave away when they were giving out whole bitcoins.

A lot. Even games like Dragon's Tale used to give out a lot of coin (as in 0.01+ per claim, which was every 15m). Probably even more before that, but that's about the time I started getting involved.

People used to give out a lot of BTC for fun, too. Like on the forums you may get a 0.5 BTC tip just for the lulz. Now you'd be lucky to get 0.00005.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 03:24:55 AM

I've been using a coinbase wallet for my faucet collection. If I were to open another account with coinbase and send my faucet earnings there, would I be hit with a transaction fee when I try to cash out? I have about .12 BTC in there. From what I understand coinbase to coinbase transactions have no fee. Would the .12 still be considered many small deposits or a full .12 deposit in the new account?

Yep, there are no fees so 0.12 would be fully transferred. Also, if you transact more than 0.001 BTC to any non-coinbase address, coinbase will pay the transaction fee for you!

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:35:26 AM

I've been using a coinbase wallet for my faucet collection. If I were to open another account with coinbase and send my faucet earnings there, would I be hit with a transaction fee when I try to cash out? I have about .12 BTC in there. From what I understand coinbase to coinbase transactions have no fee. Would the .12 still be considered many small deposits or a full .12 deposit in the new account?

Yep, there are no fees so 0.12 would be fully transferred. Also, if you transact more than 0.001 BTC to any non-coinbase address, coinbase will pay the transaction fee for you!

You mean 0.01 BTC, but yes, CB will pay all the transaction fees even if going to an external address.

What I want to point out, though, is that it may not actually go through. I've had to break down transactions in the past because they kept rejecting due to the number of inputs. You might need to do 0.04x3, for example.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 03:43:44 AM

You mean 0.01 BTC, but yes, CB will pay all the transaction fees even if going to an external address.

What I want to point out, though, is that it may not actually go through. I've had to break down transactions in the past because they kept rejecting due to the number of inputs. You might need to do 0.04x3, for example.

Actually I still get my tx fees paid for me if I send anything above 0.001 btc.

bassguitarman (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:27:44 PM

Fuck it, I'm gonna make it!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:56:07 PM

This is interesting. They apparently changed it to 0.001 as you said. Maybe this was due to the massive increase in price (the last time I looked was when BTC was $50-55 each).

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:13:05 AM

This is interesting. They apparently changed it to 0.001 as you said. Maybe this was due to the massive increase in price (the last time I looked was when BTC was $50-55 each).

There was a blog post saying that they raised the min to 0.01, but they changed it back to 0.001.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:06:09 AM

There was a blog post saying that they raised the min to 0.01, but they changed it back to 0.001.

That's awesome. And thanks for the heads-up! If it weren't for you I'd have still thought they were at 0.01 (which means I've been giving incorrect information).

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:49:37 PM

That's awesome. And thanks for the heads-up! If it weren't for you I'd have still thought they were at 0.01 (which means I've been giving incorrect information).

Lol, np.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:53:18 PM

No, it's not smart. Probably a waste of time for everyone involved,.

No. If you know how to make money using advertising sites such as Coinurl and Anonymous Ads, you will never say this. Yes, it is a waste of time for those noobs who try it, but not for the owner of the website.
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:38:40 AM

And have you made it?? For the sake of this thread, it would be good to hear how all this went for you and your after thoughts.
Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:25:24 PM

And have you made it?? For the sake of this thread, it would be good to hear how all this went for you and your after thoughts.
Haha yeah I'd like to see how it goes for him as well. I suspect failure but we might be surprised.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:53:32 PM

Haha yeah I'd like to see how it goes for him as well. I suspect failure but we might be surprised.

It's only going to result in failure if he doesn't know what he's doing. If he's running a faucet to try and get rich, he's going to fail. If he is doing it for fun, he won't. If he's doing it for business purposes, he won't.

Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:48:49 PM

It's only going to result in failure if he doesn't know what he's doing. If he's running a faucet to try and get rich, he's going to fail. If he is doing it for fun, he won't. If he's doing it for business purposes, he won't.
That is true, judging by the thread though the goal is to make a profit.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 04:53:44 AM

That is true, judging by the thread though the goal is to make a profit.

If you are going to do it, do it for the experience.

MaxH

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:32:38 AM

I am making a list of faucet who really paid, and paid good. There are so many faucet website now  Shocked
bopeshehan

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:19:16 PM

i joined a bitcoin faucet bot on telegram and i've been trying to withdraw my bitcoin to my wallet but they wont let me withdraw it says i have more accounts from that IP and asks me to pay...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: