Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe Brock Pierce is good or bad for the advancement of Bitcoin?
Good
Bad

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All things considered Brock Pierce, et al.! [w/POLL]  (Read 52293 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:55:11 PM

Are you trying to save the Bitcoin Foundation with this witch hunt or put the final nail in its coffin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

Are you trying to save the Bitcoin Foundation with this witch hunt or put the final nail in its coffin?

Witch hunt? Please look at the irrefutable evidence, your reminding me of the Jimmy saville defeneders claiming it all slander and bs when the evidence is clear.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:19:34 PM

Witch hunt? Please look at the irrefutable evidence, your reminding me of the Jimmy saville defeneders claiming it all slander and bs when the evidence is clear.

It's a community service when you release information once informing everyone so they can make an informed decision. It's a witch hunt when every other thread is about it and you dedicate a week of your life to the research. I think this Brock Pierce guy should hang from the nearest tree but how many threads do we need on the subject?

What's the end goal here? Is his removal from the foundation and it's salvation the goal or is this an attempt to kill the foundation entirely?

cryptopaths

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:40:17 PM

It's a community service when you release information once informing everyone so they can make an informed decision. It's a witch hunt when every other thread is about it and you dedicate a week of your life to the research. I think this Brock Pierce guy should hang from the nearest tree but how many threads do we need on the subject?

What's the end goal here? Is his removal from the foundation and it's salvation the goal or is this an attempt to kill the foundation entirely?

For me the goal is not to just remove Brock Pierce from the foundation to save face for bitoin, that would be selfish to just look out for financial interests. I will not only attempt to remove him from any association with crypto but I will also put in as much work as I can to bring down him and his pedophile ring. You have to take a step back look at this situation and realize innocent children are being used and abused by these people and to me that is a far more pressing concern then saving face for bitcoin. I have countless times seen people disregard irrefutable evidence of mass pedophile rings ex. Jimmy Saville so these days I have to take it in my own hands to get anything done. I promise you all, you will soon see these people punished for their crimes.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:44:14 PM

For me the goal is not to just remove Brock Pierce from the foundation to save face for bitoin, that would be selfish to just look out for financial interests. I will not only attempt to remove him from any association with crypto but I will also put in as much work as I can to bring down him and his pedophile ring. You have to take a step back look at this situation and realize innocent children are being used and abused by these people and to me that is a far more pressing concern then saving face for bitcoin. I have countless times seen people disregard irrefutable evidence of mass pedophile rings ex. Jimmy Saville so these days I have to take it in my own hands to get anything done. I promise you all, you will soon see these people punished for their crimes.

I think your end goal may be slightly beyond the scope of this forum but good luck with your effort.

railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:38:11 PM

When asked what one #Bitcoin investment they'd make: "They're like children, you love them all." - @brockpierce via @Bitcoin_Assets
https://twitter.com/Mircea_Popescu/status/467306096970178560

This was at the conference. I kid you not.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:48:10 PM

When asked what one #Bitcoin investment they'd make: "They're like children, you love them all." - @brockpierce via @Bitcoin_Assets

buffalodoge

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:49:20 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/25qvid/reuters_bitcoin_foundation_members_resigning_over/

this was just posted on reddit a minute ago. Get over there and upvote it before the Buffalo Bots catch wind!
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:04:26 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/25qvid/reuters_bitcoin_foundation_members_resigning_over/

this was just posted on reddit a minute ago. Get over there and upvote it before the Buffalo Bots catch wind!

made your account just based on their "J.A. buffalo" meme eh? i'm interested in what it actually means.. do you know what the context is?
buffalodoge

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:11:32 PM

Still digging but this is my most promising candidate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anand_Jon
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:37:06 PM

Well, ain't that special! Goes hand-and-hand with what I penned here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=609292.msg6770265#msg6770265, of which includes the following image:

That's Michael Terpin of SocialRadius and BitAngles who has one of his offices walking distance from GoCoin and CoinMKT, the latter an unregulated US exchange probably built with only HTML and CSS.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:13:52 AM

The more I read, the more creepy this whole thing gets...the Foundation needs to make a public statement as to why they are ok with having him on the board (if they haven't already done so)..
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 05:37:55 AM

The more I read, the more creepy this whole thing gets...the Foundation needs to make a public statement as to why they are ok with having him on the board (if they haven't already done so)..

We, TBF board members, were not aware of Brock Pierce's past, albeit we find it a non-issue.

That said, we duly hope that Brock Pierce will bring more welcoming funding to TBF like he did with KnC's $100K USD one day prior to the election.

Now, if you'll excuse us, we have yet another behind the door board meeting to attend to, then write-off some requisites to have some members paid via BTC, of which all can clearly see via the Brock-Chain, of which, BTW, was name changed to such via 51% approval, again behind closed doors.

Regards,

Some-schmuck-filling-this-roll-even-though-I'm-not-a-member-of-TBF

SSFTRETINAMOT/ssftretinamot
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 05:58:20 AM

We, TBF board members, were not aware of Brock Pierce's past, albeit we find it a non-issue.

That said, we duly hope that Brock Pierce will bring more welcoming funding to TBF like he did with KnC's $100K USD one day prior to the election.

Now, if you'll excuse us, we have yet another behind the door board meeting to attend to, then write-off some requisites to have some members paid via BTC, of which all can clearly see via the Brock-Chain, of which, BTW, was name changed to such via 51% approval, again behind closed doors.

Regards,

Brockchain----- does that also require proof of work with minors?

Xtib

I'm not versed with all that tech stuff, but I believe I read that the minors can be overcocked if one adjusts the temp of the hot tub. Also, be careful with the muffets and make sure you have a large fan base with plenty of chips and wafers on hand encase something should overload and explode.
cryptopaths

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:05:43 AM

Regards,

Brockchain----- does that also require proof of work with minors?

Xtib

Best Diss
NoDreamsWatching

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:37:26 AM

As IF we need more firepower for media. First its 'drugs and hitmen for hire' now it appears to be 'terrorist funding and money laundering' and with this fucking sicko on board it will be 'fueling child rape' next.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:57:16 PM

As IF we need more firepower for media. First its 'drugs and hitmen for hire' now it appears to be 'terrorist funding and money laundering' and with this fucking sicko on board it will be 'fueling child rape' next.

The scum in open source rises to the top more often than the cream. The only real crippling drawback I've found with open source projects that are not associated with a commercial enterprise is the vacuum of employee review. The reason Human Resources departments use degreed professionals is to protect the project and the company from losers. If you apply for a position at Intuit, Adobe, Oracle, Autodesk, Teradata or any of the hundreds of others you will be thoroughly critiqued. They will review your education, work history, criminal background check, credit report and personal references until they are sure you are a stable/ethical person. Bitcoin just takes anyone that says, "I'll do it".

Slingshot

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:46:00 PM

The more I most reluctantly read about this matter the sicker in the pit of my stomach I get. Even trying to avoid this is just not possible here.

These alleged victims and alleged crimes:

Law Enforcement needs to vet this out, all of it, without further delay, if not already.

Whomever dug this up on this sub-topic with links to other sites and any other evidence needs to send this stuff all to law enforcement, asap. It's a matter of the law. Isn't it a criminal act to not report serious felony crimes of this type?

Whomever dug this stuff up needs to locate the proper email address to send a link to the appropriate criminal department in LA Huh or Hollywood, CA Huh, or maybe LA County Sherrifs??? Or even the FBI.

It really should be the one whom uncovered these things and started this/these threads, the one that did the investigative work all things considered,  he/she likely has a vastly better clear scope and grasp to brief them as possibly needed.

This is too heartbreaking at this point... But this thread: Over the Top and more...sickening.

Guilt by mere association??? Possibly. Certainly. A benefit of the doubt is always in order at these stages. But this is just far too much to let go untouched by experts in Law Enforcement. If there are victims, especially many victims, Law Enforcement will be able to interview them and get to the bottom of these horrific allegations.

That is what Law Enforcement is for, to sort these things out thoroughly. That's one of many reasons why we pay so much in taxes.

Enough already.

Surely altogether this is more than enough to launch a full blown, wide reaching criminal investigation, possibly in many jurisdictions across the globe. In this case: interview potential victims is the only starting point after reviewing these links.

If this is true and no one investigates because it's not reported we're all responsible here. I hate even coming near this, I am certain many others do to.

Let these threads die.

Just do it.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:56:55 PM

I think that this move signs the end of the fondation or at least the way it is right now, Money speaks here and buying a platinum membership + the already goldmembership of his own company  what made him win his seat, and the whole bitcoin ecosystem was to avoid such sham and it seems the old good habbit are still in place here
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:46:36 PM

I think that this move signs the end of the fondation or at least the way it is right now, Money speaks here and buying a platinum membership + the already goldmembership of his own company  what made him win his seat, and the whole bitcoin ecosystem was to avoid such sham and it seems the old good habbit are still in place here

i'm thinking the foundation will continue to exist, despite the controversy. negative public opinion is not enough to bring them down.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: