Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:51:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google is evil  (Read 1203 times)
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 02:38:26 PM

it helps me find stuff that i really need so evil or not , i dont care ,, google for life  Tongue

Why is google evil? Smiley

Grownwithbtc

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:07:05 PM

Google Is good and very useful as long as you use It smart. Don't trust anyone to much with your personal information and you'll be fine. I would say Facebook is evil   Wink
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:16:53 PM

You do realize that Google knows what you have said? Shocked
Here is an article: http://www.infoworld.com/t/cringely/google-evil-you-have-no-idea-238288
They can basically expose everything you have ever done on the Internet for the entire world to see........

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
#yolo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:06:08 PM

Google : They finally found out, Muahahahahah! You can't do anything however! Muahahah!
Super Hero (Apple,Microsoft,Government) : *Insert any over-used movie Hero Line*

strombert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:46:23 AM

this is so 2008 , c'mon !   Grin

http://donttrack.us/

r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:28:30 PM

I also use https://startpage.com, but even if they say they are powered by google, their results are more limited than the ones given by google.
Have no doubt that google can seriously undermine your privacy. Not only because they track your searches, but also because of gmail, google analytics and several of its other applications.

pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:38:18 PM

I stoped using google a year or so ago and went over to startpage instead. https://startpage.com/

Impressive. Although it uses Google, it queries it remotely, and it doesn't store IPs. Seems very fast and accurate. Worth looking at...

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:47:19 PM

Google might be evil, but I found out about Bitcoin via them. Awesome.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:33:03 PM

Their business model is based on selling (your) information and showing you ads. Basically they are trying to optimize this to make more profit.
Obviously this involves recording your searches (Google search), recording your everyday life (Google glass), recording your talks (Android phone), recording your business talks (Gmail), recording your appointments (Google calendar). They have the same business model as say Facebook, Microsoft (Skype/Hotmail), Yahoo and many others.

Sure, ideally you want a search engine where nothing gets recorded, you do not see advertisements, the search results are accurate and you do not pay a penny.  But.. how are you going to get money as company?

r34tr783tr78

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:08:07 AM

All of that, plus G+, where google finds out the real name, friends, profession, etc., from all of its members.

BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:28:32 PM

Their business model is based on selling (your) information and showing you ads. Basically they are trying to optimize this to make more profit.
Obviously this involves recording your searches (Google search), recording your everyday life (Google glass), recording your talks (Android phone), recording your business talks (Gmail), recording your appointments (Google calendar). They have the same business model as say Facebook, Microsoft (Skype/Hotmail), Yahoo and many others.

Sure, ideally you want a search engine where nothing gets recorded, you do not see advertisements, the search results are accurate and you do not pay a penny.  But.. how are you going to get money as company?

www.startpage.com they seem to be doing ok making money.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:26:49 PM

www.startpage.com they seem to be doing ok making money.

They use the ad based model  Smiley

r34tr783tr78

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:00:19 PM

If you really concerned with your privacy use Tor, a open elite proxy or, at least, change the settings to remove all cookies after closing the browser.
If necessary, search for them to learn how to use them.

AnimeBoy_007

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:54:00 PM

Yeah, you're right google is very creepy and evil. As some you had noticed this already that when you think about something to find on youtube that thing has appeared in youtube home. Even before you search. Google is also working with NSA. Angry  So Evil.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:01:08 PM

Relevant XKCD:

No, but seriously. Google isn't evil, they're just fucking epic at what they do.

In this case, they are wonderful at collecting data, and using such data to generate income. Are they selling nuclear secrets to Russia? Probably not.

Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 11:05:25 PM

Google is a company. Companies aren't good or evil. Companies will do whatever it takes (within the moral limitations of the few people in control of said companies) to maximize profit. This doesn't mean they're always trying to rob the poor and murder baby elephants, but it means that the black/white and good/evil dichotomies are useless to try and understand them.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: