Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:27:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FCN][MRO][QCN][BCN] GUI miner  (Read 6996 times)
fr0wn3r

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:10:20 AM

@ amphibian

Hi there.
I want to try to solo mine FCN with BCN/QCN.

FCN+BCN I managed to start hashing, but hash is rather low for old Intel E5200 (2 cores, no HT) 2,6 H/s... I didn't run a daemon at background. After it, I tried to star FCN+QCN and got the message "no donor block..." again no any daemon in background. Returne to the first case which I managed to start hashing but this time, the same message...

After it I tried QCN and none with quazarcoind running in background and hashing started. Then I tried FCN+QCN and both corresponding daemons running in the background and it started.
Didn't want to start FCN+BCN cause as we all know BCN is memory killer...

So, what's the proper way?
Could you tell me do I need to place SoloMiner in specific diretctory like in donor's or acceptor's?
Do I need to run daemons of any in the background?

From what I've read here, I guess the answers are no on both questions, right?
amphibian (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:55:17 AM

@ amphibian

Hi there.

FCN+BCN I managed to start hashing, but hash is rather low for old Intel E5200 (2 cores, no HT) 2,6 H/s... I didn't run a daemon at background. After it, I tried to star FCN+QCN and got the message "no donor block..." again no any daemon in background. Returne to the first case which I managed to start hashing but this time, the same message...

After it I tried QCN and none with quazarcoind running in background and hashing started. Then I tried FCN+QCN and both corresponding daemons running in the background and it started.

Could you tell me do I need to place SoloMiner in specific diretctory like in donor's or acceptor's?

Hey!

For QCN (and MRO) you pretty much have to start a deamon, since it doesn't have a remote node that you can connect to.

You can safely start FCN+BCN hashing with a remote node tho. There is no need for BCN daemon that eats up all the memory.

Also, you don't have to put SoloMiner in any specific place.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Smiley

Cheers.
EndlessWin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:18:42 PM

@ amphibian

Hi there.

Hey!

For QCN (and MRO) you pretty much have to start a deamon, since it doesn't have a remote node that you can connect to.

You can safely start FCN+BCN hashing with a remote node tho. There is no need for BCN daemon that eats up all the memory.

Also, you don't have to put SoloMiner in any specific place.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Smiley

Cheers.

let's hope MRO and QCN developers will provide you a remote node - that would solve a "memory" problem. (currently it's present only in bcn but who know what future holds)

tired of identical bitcoin forks? try out BCN - no ASICs, no transaction tracking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0
amphibian (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:23:46 PM

Updated SoloMiner binaries with a up-to-date hash function

Download links:
Windows 64
Windows 32
MacOS (OSX)

And source for our lovely Linux friends Smiley
Source

Cheers.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:30:51 PM

Download links:
Windows 64
Windows 32
MacOS (OSX)

Source

Cheers.

You should add instructions for the linux version from the site to the main post. It's not that trivial. Like, at all.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
amphibian (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:59:26 PM

Download links:
Windows 64
Windows 32
MacOS (OSX)

Source

Cheers.

You should add instructions for the linux version from the site to the main post. It's not that trivial. Like, at all.

Valid point. Fixed it - thank you.

Cheers.  Smiley
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:01:09 PM

THANKS!!!

7x increase on Win7-64  Cheesy

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
bitcoinbear

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:27:23 PM

THANKS!!!

Shocked What CPU are you using?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:22:19 PM

THANKS!!!

i3-550, 3.2GHz, LGA1156 --> now getting 18-22h per thread

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
bitcoinbear

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:11:48 PM

THANKS!!!

i3-550, 3.2GHz, LGA1156 --> now getting 18-22h per thread

Nice! Getting the same (+/- 5h/s) hashrate on my i7. I suppose there is not much difference between i3-7

jellyhashman

Activity: 146
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:24:33 AM

Hi, sorry for the noob question but... how can one use this miner to mine monero? there is no ip's one can connect to...
amphibian (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:43:20 AM

Hi, sorry for the noob question but... how can one use this miner to mine monero? there is no ip's one can connect to...

Hey!

All you have to do is
start monero daemon -> wait until it's synced -> create a wallet -> open solominer -> enter your MRO & FCN addresses and hit start!

Now when I wrote all this it doesn't look "all_you_have_to_do"ish Grin

Cheers.
jcarl987

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:51:37 AM

I'm getting only 4-5 h/s merge mining QCN/FCN with solominer, whereas I get around 44 using minerc. Any ideas why? I'm using win 8.1 x64 on an A10-5700 CPU. Thanks!

amphibian (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:12:10 AM

I'm getting only 4-5 h/s merge mining QCN/FCN with solominer, whereas I get around 44 using minerc. Any ideas why? I'm using win 8.1 x64 on an A10-5700 CPU. Thanks!

Are you using latest versions of QCN daemon and SoloMiner?

Also, are you using a local FCN daemon or connecting to the remote node?
jcarl987

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:32:18 AM

Thanks for your quick reply! I just re-downloaded the QCN deamon and SoloMiner to be sure, I'm still getting the same results. I tried both local FCN deamon and the 2 remote options.

amphibian (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:35:37 AM

Thanks for your quick reply! I just re-downloaded the QCN deamon and SoloMiner to be sure, I'm still getting the same results. I tried both local FCN deamon and the 2 remote options.

I know it's a silly question but still... maybe you're mining on 1 thread ? Smiley
jcarl987

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:38:22 AM

I know it's a silly question but still... maybe you're mining on 1 thread ? Smiley

Hah worth a shot! But no, I checked that. One thread gives me about 1.5 h/s Sad

amphibian (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:02:34 AM

Okay, I'm officially an idiot, I forgot to update the site with new download links, please download miner from here:

Download links:
Windows 64
Windows 32
MacOS (OSX)

Source

Cheers.

Please let me know if you're using this version and problem is still present.
jcarl987

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:38:41 AM

Okay, I'm officially an idiot, I forgot to update the site with new download links, please download miner from here:

Download links:
Windows 64
Windows 32
MacOS (OSX)

Source

Cheers.

Yeah that did it! Almost 10x faster now. Cheers buddy!

amphibian (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:32:01 AM

Download links:
Windows 64
Windows 32
MacOS (OSX)

Source

Cheers.

Yeah that did it! Almost 10x faster now. Cheers buddy!

Great!

Don't hesitate to contact me - I'll try to answer your questions as soon as possible.

Cheers. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: