Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we go  (Read 11638 times)
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:24:01 PM

I hope expert was right with his analysis. According to this next rally will rise the price up to over $5k :-)
I think that indeed this is possible and what else I can say it is needed to +++ the value of the Bitcoin. As current wall situation is getting me realy bored :-)

If there is a rally, it will tear the $1000 mark and then $5000 will not seem so far away.

As long as we don't have another Mt. Gox kind of thieving crap and Chinese bitches staying out, it may gradually get into the bull mode.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 02:27:40 PM

I hope expert was right with his analysis. According to this next rally will rise the price up to over $5k :-)
I think that indeed this is possible and what else I can say it is needed to +++ the value of the Bitcoin. As current wall situation is getting me realy bored :-)

If there is a rally, it will tear the $1000 mark and then $5000 will not seem so far away.

As long as we don't have another Mt. Gox kind of thieving crap and Chinese bitches staying out, it may gradually get into the bull mode.

Still waiting for the bull, it has been silent at $440....

frienemy

Activity: 235

I was promised da moon

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:29:57 PM

Still waiting for the bull, it has been silent at $440....

A rallye starts slow. It's not a bull run at first, but the MOON walk. That's not a really fast way to walk, but it's classy Wink

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 03:08:25 PM

Expert who? on what?

Are you calling yourself an expert?

Look up sarcasm in the dictionary please. Will make a lot of conversations easier to follow Wink

lol if you think that was sarcasm.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 03:14:28 PM

you don't know Elwar then. Wink
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:56:54 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/china-moves-disrupt-access-major-bitcoin-websites/

China is going full war mode against BTC.....  It's a shame the American gov has been hunting down the hackers of anonmous for defending the innocent... Sad.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4480

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:19:34 PM

All of these threads about spectacular projections of rallies to the moon and stars are making me feel bearish.

Your feeling bearish makes me feel bullish.  Tongue
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:39:06 PM

Ummno. Too many big investors got their eyes on bitcoin now. I say 10k. At least. No, it's not wishful thinking. It's fact.  Shocked

May I ask who these big investors are and what they are waiting for?

A Republican dominated House, Senate, and Oval Office.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

And what happens if Bitcoin spikes down below that log support trendline that it is practically already touching?

What happens then?

What would that mean?

Your feeling bearish makes me feel bullish.  Tongue

Barack Obama making a public announcement outlawing Bitcoin across the globe and threatening to use force (if necessary) against countries who allow Bitcoin to proliferate within thier borders, would make you feel bullish.....

...."Gee look guys! Obama just declared war on Bitcoin! We got em running scared now! 2 da Moon!!"

Yes indeed Jimbo. The fact that you are gormless idiot is well known!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:10:13 PM

What I keep thinking when I see these charts is, "can it really be this predictable?" 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:42:42 PM

This type of naive extrapolation, from data points /years/ in the past, is really not a good predictor of anything short or mid term.

The chart by Elwar relies on the data point of the flash crash in October 2013, so it can construct the "nice line" from Jan 2013, via October 2013, to now.

But who can say with certainty that this isn't the "real" exponential trendline:

(ignore the last 60 or so candles, of course)

So, why not that one? It has 3 beautiful "areas of contact": the end of the 2011 bear market, several contact in July 2012, and in Jan 2013. That's as good, if not better, than the motivation for the Bitstamp chart by Elwar.

Plot twist: the lower line of this one currently sits at $135.

Here's the take home message: don't trade based on extrapolations from year-long trends. If you must, use them to inform your long-term investment goals, but they sure as hell won't tell you when a correction is over, or about to begin for that matter.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:44:59 PM

What I keep thinking when I see these charts is, "can it really be this predictable?" 

Of course, not.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:46:53 PM

Expert analysis shows...big things coming soon...

Sorry for a rather noobish question, but does a head-and-shoulders formation by definition always be horizontal? If we shift the angle slightly and see the aApril 2013 peak as left shoulder and the December peak as head, then there could be a weaker peak as right shoulder this year, maybe going up to only 2,100. If this is true, the good thing would be that the "downside" after the head-and-shoulders wouldn't be that bad, because it's not happening on a horizontal scale. Any ideas? Bashing allowed if this question is complete nonsense! Wink

The right shoulder (either shoulder for that matter) cannot exceed the high of the head.
But to answer your question, no it doesn't have to be horizontal. The most powerful H&S is one that leans in the breaking direction.

MatTheCat

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:07:55 PM

The chart by Elwar relies on the data point of the flash crash in October 2013, so it can construct the "nice line" from Jan 2013, via October 2013, to now.

The beauty of that October 2013 Silk Road Flash Crash was that even with the huge amount of fear around in the Bitcoin market on that day, $85 was as low as Bitcoin went.

The Beauty about the Gox-coin 'firesale' is that it showed enough people subscribe to the exponential growth support and resistance level theory, for Goxcoin to stop falling right at the point where it met the long term exponential support trendline.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:56:52 PM

The beauty of that October 2013 Silk Road Flash Crash was that even with the huge amount of fear around in the Bitcoin market on that day, $85 was as low as Bitcoin went.

The Beauty about the Gox-coin 'firesale' is that it showed enough people subscribe to the exponential growth support and resistance level theory, for Goxcoin to stop falling right at the point where it met the long term exponential support trendline.

I don't think it would be wise to take the Gox data seriously during the last few days and weeks of its existence. People were no longer trading BTC - they were trading bets on Gox's survival.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:57:22 PM

And what happens if Bitcoin spikes down below that log support trendline that it is practically already touching?

What happens then?

What would that mean?

Your feeling bearish makes me feel bullish.  Tongue

Barack Obama making a public announcement outlawing Bitcoin across the globe and threatening to use force (if necessary) against countries who allow Bitcoin to proliferate within thier borders, would make you feel bullish.....

...."Gee look guys! Obama just declared war on Bitcoin! We got em running scared now! 2 da Moon!!"

Yes indeed Jimbo. The fact that you are gormless idiot is well known!

Take a happy pill ...Never ending doom and gloom.....Yawn

U must be the life of the party ...Still trying to sell you bear wares eh ?

OBJECT NOT FOUND
tuneman1980

Activity: 228

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:58:55 PM

I'm hoping that the linear regression on this website is correct and we'll be at $6,000+ in a year. Smiley

http://www.cryptocoinstats.com/priceforecaster.php

http://cryptocoinstats.com/

BTC: 19YQqtEdtuWhT6nk6ArBgMTiKMEjoJ5eww  LTC: Li1RLpZm8Rx7txSnQdvZvtLMsd4XDN2vMJ  FTC: 6qAU4vtyf9LPW4yV4m4Vx1jm4ZkXJHTFP7
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:00:24 PM

and what our technical-astrology-analysis says for today ?  Grin any horoscope backtest ?

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:11:53 PM

I don't think it would be wise to take the Gox data seriously during the last few days and weeks of its existence. People were no longer trading BTC - they were trading bets on Gox's survival.

The Goxcoin free-fall could have stopped anywhere, but it stopped right where it did on the exponential support line that has been in place since Gox started trading. I am not saying that there is some kind of mystical force at work, but for those who 'believed' in Bitcoin (or have coded their bots to believe in BItcoin) even in the face of the greatest horrors, $85, smack bang on that support line, was where the buck stopped.

The logical price that Goxcoin should have been traded at was zero. Obvious to me and many others perhaps, although obviously not obvious to everyone. These long term supports definitely mean something, and Bitcoin is banging on the door of one right now.

ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:18:57 PM

DAYUM  Shocked
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: