Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:30:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: p2pool - Decentralized, Absolutely DoS-Proof, Pool Hopping-Proof Pool [archival]  (Read 35482 times)
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 02:45:20 AM

I setup p2pool as my backup pool.  I also setup merged mining with namecoin.  Is there anyone work on improving p2pool sharing the aux chain? Effectively solo-mining the aux chain can't be the best we can do.

Is there a block explorer-like site for the p2pool chain? It would be interesting to see how much hash power, the contributions, numbers of peers, etc.  http://forre.st:9332/graphs/ has some stuff, but not much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 02:46:48 AM

I'm still getting pool dead on cgminer. Do I need to forward 9332 as well? It doesn't show open the machine running p2pool (miner is different machine).

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 02:56:58 AM

CGminer and phoenix show that they are mining bitcoin but P2pool isn't showing any hashrate or shares. Merged mining with namecoins keeps giving me getauxblock errors and litecoin with p2pool gives me a json-rpc error.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 03:17:22 AM

When using the -a to specify an address, does this have to be an address that's in bitcoind, and has a private key available locally, or can I specify any bitcoin address, such as one on another computer or my phone's wallet?

Thanks
gnar1ta$
Donator

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:26:45 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 03:43:27 AM by gnar1ta$

Holliday I appreciate your trying to help, but I already have 8333, 8334, and 9333 forwarded.  P2pool nodes connect on 9333, miners connect on 9332.  My node is up.  My miner won't connect.  I need to figure out if it's the router, server, or client.  I'm just going to reset everything.

Does anyone know the most efficient cgminer settings (scantime, queue, --submit-stale)?  And will load balance work, or is that not recommended?

EDIT: Reset everything, now connected.  I know there should be a lot of longpoll requests, but is it normal to have more than the accepted shares?

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
iongchun

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:49:33 AM

CGminer and phoenix show that they are mining bitcoin but P2pool isn't showing any hashrate or shares. Merged mining with namecoins keeps giving me getauxblock errors and litecoin with p2pool gives me a json-rpc error.

Bitcoin p2pool, merged mining, and Litecoin p2pool all works for me. The share chain difficulty of Bitcoin p2pool is about 150 now, it means in average, you will have one share accounted for the about same time you get 150 shares accounted in other pools. So be patient to see your shares appear, and/or check your estimated payout instead.

For merged mining, make sure your namecoind is update to date, and RPC port/user/password matches --merged-url and --merged-userpass of p2pool.

For Litecoin mining, if you run litecoind and p2pool on the same machine, be careful to modify port numbers for either litecoind or p2pool, because they conflict by default.

Bitcoin: 1NFMpJUW7sTKmnVKj12MxhPvCvzAKQ5gUV
Namecoin: N5Tnt3JyMeizsoAFAZDr7CSxjzDtPSisK8
Mining with P2Pool. Graph. Blocks.
m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 04:01:22 AM

Code:
Peers: 10
I understand that this number should be higher if I have forwarded the port 9333 in my router, right?

Yes, the client is limited to 10 outgoing connections, but if you forward the port, you can get more incoming ones.

If that is really how it was supposed to work, then something is wrong.
I, too, have forwarded port (tested), and I also only got
Code:

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:10:09 AM

is it just me or does p2pool eat up a LOT of bandwidth?.. im not on a super mega fast connection but its decent and it slows down to a crawl.

poop!
gnar1ta$
Donator

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:21:19 AM

For merged mining, make sure your namecoind is update to date, and RPC port/user/password matches --merged-url and --merged-userpass of p2pool.

Is there no -a option for merged mining to pay namecoins to an external address?

forrestv

Activity: 516
Merit: 643

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 05:05:42 AM

Have there been no payouts between now and Saturday morning?

We haven't had any blocks in more than a day. However, a couple of days ago, we got three blocks in one day!

I setup p2pool as my backup pool.  I also setup merged mining with namecoin.  Is there anyone work on improving p2pool sharing the aux chain? Effectively solo-mining the aux chain can't be the best we can do.

Is there a block explorer-like site for the p2pool chain? It would be interesting to see how much hash power, the contributions, numbers of peers, etc.  http://forre.st:9332/graphs/ has some stuff, but not much.

Pooled mining for auxchains is on the TODO list... though there are still some problems I'm trying to figure out.

A "share explorer" sounds like a good idea. It'd be easy to add to P2Pool's web interface, too.

When using the -a to specify an address, does this have to be an address that's in bitcoind, and has a private key available locally, or can I specify any bitcoin address, such as one on another computer or my phone's wallet?

It can be any Bitcoin address.

Does anyone know the most efficient cgminer settings (scantime, queue, --submit-stale)?  And will load balance work, or is that not recommended?

EDIT: Reset everything, now connected.  I know there should be a lot of longpoll requests, but is it normal to have more than the accepted shares?

I don't use any flags, and it seems to work very well for me. Load balance should work unless cgminer is broken... Has anyone else tried it?

Lots of longpolls are completely normal.

Code:

More will come with time. Peers are ranked based on how long they've been up and available to others.

is it just me or does p2pool eat up a LOT of bandwidth?.. im not on a super mega fast connection but its decent and it slows down to a crawl.

During the initial sharechain download, it has to download about 30 MB. After that, it should never use more than about 4 kB/s. If you can confirm that it's actually using a lot more, I'd appreciate you running it with --debug and pastebinning some of the output.

Is there no -a option for merged mining to pay namecoins to an external address?

No, all Namecoin work is handled by namecoind currently.

1J1zegkNSbwX4smvTdoHSanUfwvXFeuV23
m3ta

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 06:23:42 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 08:35:12 AM by m3ta

Code:

More will come with time. Peers are ranked based on how long they've been up and available to others.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: I really have to study this whole (new for me) process in more depth, many things are not clear to me.
Seems P2Pool just got block 162404, and while it's immature, my incoming transaction from 'bitcoind listtransactions' is around half the value shown in blockexplorer.
(doesn't mean anything is wrong, i was just not used to looking so much "under the hood").

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:19:11 AM

Mining now!

So i suppose i'll receive BTC to the address of my open bitcoin client?

Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 11:29:49 AM

Cheesy i like what i see. Payout works fine. Now we need some more hashing power.

@Gabi: it will create a new address in your client. Or you can set it with -a or so.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:32:31 AM

Yup, there is a p2pool address, and it's the same in the p2pool.exe

Well it's working without problems, nice!

gnar1ta$
Donator

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:37:52 PM

Thanks forestv.  I put in 3.5 Ghash to test, not merged  Smiley  I'll have to test out settings for a few days and then add some more, and set up merged.  It is a bit more setup than regular pooled or solo mining but not too much.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 03:53:22 PM

It can be any Bitcoin address.

Confirmed. Received two payments to my Android wallet last night. Thanks!!!
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 07:00:21 PM

During the initial sharechain download, it has to download about 30 MB. After that, it should never use more than about 4 kB/s. If you can confirm that it's actually using a lot more, I'd appreciate you running it with --debug and pastebinning some of the output.

Problem on my end.. not p2pool.. fixed the problem.. thx!

poop!
forrestv

Activity: 516
Merit: 643

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:56:21 AM

EDIT: I really have to study this whole (new for me) process in more depth, many things are not clear to me.
Seems P2Pool just got block 162404, and while it's immature, my incoming transaction from 'bitcoind listtransactions' is around half the value shown in blockexplorer.
(doesn't mean anything is wrong, i was just not used to looking so much "under the hood").

If you have any ideas for how to clarify the documentation, you could help improve it. Smiley Output from listtransactions should match the block shown in blockexplorer. What address were you mining to? Maybe pastebin the output of listtransactions?

1J1zegkNSbwX4smvTdoHSanUfwvXFeuV23
m3ta

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 02:23:42 AM

If you have any ideas for how to clarify the documentation, you could help improve it. Smiley

On to the Wiki I go. Smiley

c_k
Donator

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 09:14:01 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 10:03:51 AM by c_k

How to use p2pool with an accompanying standalone bitcoind
(since the windows gui version of bitcoin 0.5.1 crashes frequently when used with p2pool)

Assumptions:

Bitcoin: Latest stable release installed and working - http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.5.1/bitcoin-0.5.1-win32-setup.exe/download
p2pool: you'll be slightly off the beaten path with this configuration as you're specifying the bitcoin address to send generated bitcoins and not using the second bitcoin processes wallet

Code:
logtimestamps=1

• Create the folder "%programfiles%\p2pool\bitcoind-data"
  • Create "%programfiles%\p2pool\bitcoind-data\bitcoin.conf" with your favorite text editor and populate it with this:

Code:
server=1
logtimestamps=1
port=18333
rpcport=18332
rpcuser=bitcoinusername
rpcpassword=bitcoinpassword
rpcallowip=*

• Take note of the folder name of the latest current p2pool code - it is in "%programfiles%\p2pool"
  • Create "%programfiles%\p2pool\p2pool.cmd" with your favorite text editor and populate it with this:

Code:
@echo off
title p2pool
echo.
echo running p2pool ...
echo.
C:\Python27\python.exe "%programfiles%\p2pool\folder-name-of-the-latest-current-p2pool-code\run_p2pool.py" --net bitcoin --address yourbitcoinaddresshere --bitcoind-address 127.0.0.1 --bitcoind-rpc-port 18332 --bitcoind-p2p-port 18333 bitcoinusername bitcoinpassword
echo.
echo p2pool stopped.
echo.
pause

eg.

Code:
@echo off
title p2pool
echo.
echo running p2pool ...
echo.
C:\Python27\python.exe "%programfiles%\p2pool\forrestv-p2pool-4f6c2e2\run_p2pool.py" --net bitcoin --address 12uN6G1uAtn7G29qfTdLD9des4y63Whr61 --bitcoind-address 127.0.0.1 --bitcoind-rpc-port 18332 --bitcoind-p2p-port 18333 bitcoinusername bitcoinpassword
echo.
echo p2pool stopped.
echo.
pause

• Create "%programfiles%\p2pool\bitcoind.cmd" with your favorite text editor and populate it with this:

Code:
@echo off
title bitcoind
echo.
if exist "%programfiles%\bitcoin\daemon\bitcoind.exe" (set programfilesx86=0)
if exist "%programfiles(x86)%\bitcoin\daemon\bitcoind.exe" (set programfilesx86=1)
if %programfilesx86%==0 (goto :programfiles)
if %programfilesx86%==1 (goto :programfilesx86)
echo ERROR! bitcoind.exe not found in either "%programfiles%\bitcoin\daemon\" or "%programfiles(x86)%\bitcoin\daemon\" - giving up!
echo.
pause
goto:eof
:programfiles
echo running bitcoind.exe from "%programfiles%\Bitcoin\daemon\" ...
"%programfiles%\Bitcoin\daemon\bitcoind.exe" -datadir="%programfiles%\p2pool\bitcoind-data"
echo.
echo bitcoind stopped.
echo.
pause
goto:eof
:programfilesx86
echo running bitcoind.exe from "%programfiles(x86)%\Bitcoin\daemon\" ...
"%programfiles(x86)%\Bitcoin\daemon\bitcoind.exe" -datadir="%programfiles%\p2pool\bitcoind-data"
echo.
echo bitcoind stopped.
echo.
pause

• Copy blk*.dat from %appdata%\bitcoin to %programfiles%\p2pool\bitcoind-data
  • Run "%programfiles%\p2pool\bitcoind.cmd"
  • Run "%programfiles%\p2pool\p2pool.cmd"

You should now be able to mine on your machine to 127.0.0.1:9332 or to your machines IP on port 9332 on your LAN Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: