Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:51:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto X Change - What would YOU the community like to see and join us????  (Read 12210 times)
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 03:23:41 PM

To all the people complaining about trading volume: you make the trading volume. If you want to increase CryptoXchange's volume, you have to trade there. If you want to stop MtGox's monopoly then don't trade there. It's simple.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ssaCEO

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 03:41:58 PM

I just started using CXC in the past couple weeks, and think I was unlucky in that I experienced the worst of a couple of issues that have shown up since then. It's been a bit bumpy, but the customer service is excellent and has definitely made up for it. All the issues have been resolved quickly and efficiently.

I've got a positive view of the site, the owners and the CS. There are two minor technical issues that could improve the site, though. Firstly, the lag-time between placing a "Quick Buy"/"Quick Sell" order and having it execute. I've seen this take anywhere from 30 seconds up to a minute and a half. In one case, the trade didn't execute, but stayed on the books in small pieces, and I had to delete each one manually and place the order again. It would be better if Quick mode either locked the orders in question for 5 seconds while waiting for approval, or simply executed what they could immediately and warned you that some of your orders couldn't complete, and gave you the option to leave them or try again at a new price. I realize that raises other issues like security (preventing an attacker from locking up the exchange repeatedly), so it's not an easy request.

The other thing is it would be nice to see Bitcoin deposits as pending while they're waiting for confirmations. Gox doesn't do this either, but it always bugged me.

Other than that, it's a great service and there are definitely some net positives that make it worth a little extra in trading fees, particularly the ease and speed of bank withdrawals for those of us outside the US.

bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 06:52:36 AM

I think the 500$ limit is lifted once you submit the documents.

D.H.

Activity: 311

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 12:57:15 PM

I tried to sign up with Crypto yesterday, the confirmation link in the e-mail did not work so I e-mailed support. More than 24 hours later I have not received a response. Also, the "live support" always claims to be online (I'm number 1 in line and approximate waiting time is 5 minutes) but they never answer.

How long does it usually take to get an answer from support? I realize that the online support might not work since it is night time in Australia when it is day time here, but why does it say that it is online then?

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 01:30:03 PM

1. Trust
2. Security
3. Tranparency
4. Low Trading Fees
5. Fast Executions on Market Orders
6. Features (Level II order book is a must; trade history starting with time)
7. At least one(1) Free Fiat Withdrawal per month.
8. Customer Service

Well, at least this is what I like in order of importance. Cheers!

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 10:00:14 PM

Here's what I'd like to see:

For unverified members (i.e. ID has not been uploaded and verified), it would be nice for each user to be able to see 1)  How much of the monthly deposit/withdrawal limit is remaining and 2) The date/time at which the monthly limit will be reset.
marked

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 10:27:01 PM

I would like to see a standardised format for all exchanges that has the fee structure so that

Code:
exchange
deposit (zero, fixed fee (e.g.0.1btc), fixed % (0.65),..)
withdrawal (zero, fixed fee (e.g.0.1btc), fixed bitcoin txfee(currently 0.0005), fixed % (0.65),..)
trading (cur-cur, fixed fee, percentage)
servertime
notification text ("we are going to change <xyz-abc> at <servertime+2days>")
so that bots/spreadsheets/trading formulas can automatically subscribe and pick up.

whatever it is doesn't really matter as long as I can pull it in similar to ticker (though obviously not as frequently)

marked
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 01:23:32 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2012, 05:11:33 AM by Seal

5. Fast Executions on Market Orders

Firstly, the lag-time between placing a "Quick Buy"/"Quick Sell" order and having it execute. I've seen this take anywhere from 30 seconds up to a minute and a half. In one case, the trade didn't execute, but stayed on the books in small pieces, and I had to delete each one manually and place the order again. It would be better if Quick mode either locked the orders in question for 5 seconds while waiting for approval, or simply executed what they could immediately and warned you that some of your orders couldn't complete

I've been having a lot of trade execution problems with CryptoXChange - anyone else experience this too?

Mine tend to evolve around an order which I want to fill showing its buy/sell button, then after I place the trade, it will not fill or stay there for up to a minute, or sometimes more before executing. If the order depth (through the api or the web page) is queryed during this time, it'll show a buy and a sell price which is the same and sometimes an overlap where sell prices exceed buy prices!?

I can understand this happening at busy times, especially when there is high volatility for a few seconds at a time, but from what you are saying ssaCEO, you, like me have seen this happen for minutes at a time.

I have raised this a number of times with them but I don't tend to get an answer. This along with a number of queries asking about how their order matching system works. Do you have any further information about this cryptoxchange?

*edit* This has been identified as an issue and fixed, see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64546.0

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
cryptoxchange (OP)

Activity: 305

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 12:38:26 PM

Hi,

We are currently working on all suggestions, and also perfecting our trade engine due to increased trading bot activity.

We appreciate all of the feedback, and have started already building these into the exchange, pending testing and updating the Exchange.

There is a new Fee structure coming out in the next week after our 0% Trade Fee period has finished, which we have a solution that meets everyone's requirements.

More staff have been added due to the increase in our customer base, we appologise for any inconveniences over the weekend with our trade engine, there had been some issues which we are debugging and solving now and this will be lightening fast within the next few days.

All Ex Trade Hill clients moving funds across via BitInstant will be credited $5.00 USD to their account, which should be available very soon once BitInstant announce the availability to Withdraw to other Exchanges.

We look forward to further Feedback & Recommendations, we are here for the long run and to provide the very best service and experience for Bitcoin users.

Regards

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
WME

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 12:09:42 PM

Hello crypto support
Where are you gone?
Where is my money?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 12:19:42 PM

Hello crypto support
Where are you gone?
Where is my money?

They fixed my withdrawal issue today.  Here is what they said in their email:

We have reviewed your account and we found one issue with Trade. Your account is good to withdraw now.

As far as the email and irritation concerns, we firmly believe that it is your right to write us ( sometimes that may be with harsh words ), as you have right to ask for explanation, support for any issues you are facing with the web site. Please feel free to contact us any time if you have any questions/concerns and we will be happy to help you.

Sorry for inconvenience and we really appreciate your support and patience.

Thanks,
Mahin

The part about email and irritation concerns was in response to something I said to them, that I didn't want them to mistake me emailing them 3 days in a row for me being irritated. 

I think they're just working through a few bugs.  After I withdrew my BTC, my BTC balance now shows -0.00050000  (a negative).  I wrote them back about it and assume that their trade engine code is simply tacking on a .0005 BTC transaction fee.

Either way, they had mentioned to me a week or so before this happened that they were implementing new things and updating the site, so I just think they're working out the kinks.

Hope it works out for you Smiley
cryptoxchange (OP)

Activity: 305

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:29:02 PM

Hi,

Yes we are working on many things, the new Fee structures etc will also be released very shortly making trading very cheap for everyone.
All inbound / outbound wire processing, had been paused however everything should be flowing smoothly now.

If anyone has any issues please do let us know contact@cryptoxchange.com

Regards

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
WME

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:23:18 PM

Hi,

Yes we are working on many things, the new Fee structures etc will also be released very shortly making trading very cheap for everyone.
All inbound / outbound wire processing, had been paused however everything should be flowing smoothly now.

Regards

Crypto X Change

Don't lie pls
You owe me over 100k and can't send it over one month!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 02:08:53 PM

Hi,

Regards

Crypto X Change

Don't lie pls
Scammer or just retarded? Why would you dump that much in all at once without first doing a few smoke tests?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
WME

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 02:10:36 PM

Hi,

Regards

Crypto X Change

Don't lie pls
Scammer or just retarded? Why would you dump that much in all at once without first doing a few smoke tests?

They froze funds after test passed
WME

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 02:15:47 PM

Crypto staff tell "tomorrow, tomorrow or we wait mtgox funds or etc" and this going over one month!
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 05:33:03 PM

WME

I have a hard time recognizing the issue you're talking about.

I've done a lot of fairsized withdrawals from there and they have all been on time etc.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
WME

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:43:02 PM

WME

I have a hard time recognizing the issue you're talking about.

I've done a lot of fairsized withdrawals from there and they have all been on time etc.

Sounds interesting
This means, while they fed me breakfast that they "have no money", in fact the money was only paid me they do not!
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 07:24:50 PM

I'd like the ability to deposit btc and make interest on it somehow. Smiley 
FalconFour

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 11:20:37 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 11:39:04 PM by FalconFour

Personally, I'm having trouble getting past the initial sign-up process. CampBX lost my business due to the glacial speed of Dwolla (which I honestly can't believe has the gall to advertise "new Instant deposits for $3/month!" then turn around and say "Woops! We didn't EXPECT this kind of interest! Not available!"), so I was looking for something a little less... middle-man-tastic (bank -> dwolla -> campbx -> bitcoin -> payment?!).

Problem is, Crypto X Change up-front started asking me some VERY unnerving questions. "First and last name"? That's the exact opposite of a "decentralized currency". "Date of Birth"?! What?! Seriously? I'll give Facebook that, but I sure won't let some random "anyone can hire a web designer for $5,000 and put together a spiffy looking website" get that close to me, especially directly involving financial information. Since the draw of Crypto X Change was its ability to work with YET ANOTHER middle-man "BitInstant", I thought the fastest way to buy some Bitcoin would be to pull cash out at an ATM and go deposit it via BitInstant to Crypto. Another ass-backwards round-about way of doing it, but still the fastest parallel to PayPal I can find.

Side note: Seriously. If you want to make a mark for yourself in this fucked-up Bitcoin market, find a way to make it "INSTANT" like PayPal. OK? If I want to pay for something in Bitcoin I don't intend to keep a "balance" of wildly-varying-value Bitcoins, That's not safe and that's not sane for someone with as little money to "play with" as I do.

But what do I get when I sign up for Crypto? The following "makes me rage in its sheer ignorance of the value of users' privacy" statement:
"PLEASE NOTE: For all deposits of any amount, you must at least enter an ID number on the ID Information page. This can be driving license number, passport number, etc."

Really? R... REALLY?! To accept a deposit, I've got to cough up my DL#, something I've NEVER given to ANY website (not even Bitcoin exchanges)?! Man, you guys have some serious disregard for privacy going on here, and I'm totally not buying it. Literally.

If MtGox hadn't fucked-up and forgotten my password (which I have stored in a KeePass database, so I know it was neither hacked nor typed incorrectly) then had a brainfart in sending the reset email (losing any hope of business THERE as well), I'd be using MtGox right now. TradeHill? I've got an account there too I never used... but... *checks*... nope, TradeHill closed up shop too, I guess.

God Damn. Is there NOBODY trustworthy to do Bitcoin business with anymore?!

And I'm the kind of guy that makes a mockery of people wailing around Facebook like "ooh, privacy! ooh, privacy!" like whiny bitches. But this is one of those cases where I DO NOT feel comfortable giving my information willy-nilly to any website that happens to ask for it. Especially without even making a passing attempt at explaining why this information is being requested. That sets off an entire orchestra of alarms and red flags to me...

edit: fuck it, waiting 5 days (even though their fucking site says "THREE TO FIVE days", not "Five days", even though electronic bank transfers have accelerated to taking only 1 day in most cases) for Dwolla is better than dicking with shady websites like Crypto and BitInstant. So, CampBX and Dwolla it is then... sigh. Clean up your website, guys, and add some "why we're asking for this" and the ability to completely omit that information when using trusted intermediaries like Dwolla. OK?

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: