Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:51:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto X Change - What would YOU the community like to see and join us????  (Read 12199 times)
paulzag

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 12:58:40 AM

FalconFour are you a dick or just a troll?

You want anonymous? Use TOR and trade your USD there.

You want someone to stand in broad daylight and accept all comers, quickly and anonymously while painting a huge target on themselves for the feds, the banks and the scammers. All while allowing you to effortlessly slip in and out to exchange your money.

Any you complain about your privacy?

There are many ways to keep in the shadows, just not with any sizable exchanges who must invest real money in what they offer.

Tell you what, stick to paypal, oops that's right no privacy there either.

Encryption comes at a cost to convenience. You want convenience, give something up.

Alternatively invest $20K-100K and make your own Shady Rest Exchange

some people

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FalconFour

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 01:02:24 AM

The hell? You don't even understand the composure of the argument.

The EXCHANGE. A random website that makes no case for its authenticity other than a Facebook page with ~100 "likes". Wants to know my driver's license, date of birth, etc etc. For NO reason. There is no sensible reason they would need to know that if they're being given funds from an intermediary that IS trusted (e.g. Dwolla, BitInstant, etc). If I'm not linking a bank account to it, there's no reason they should require me to feed them more details -

WITHOUT making a case for why they want this information, or why I should trust them with it.

That's the key point. The website doesn't even make an attempt at explaining why it wants to know this stuff. That's unnerving.

edit:
"You want anonymous? Use TOR and trade your USD there."
That doesn't even make any sense. TOR is a network anonymity engine. Not a Bitcoin/USD exchange. Durp hurp, where do I shot dollar bills into exit node?

edit edit:

And there IS privacy in PayPal. With PayPal I don't have to fork over *any* unnecessary information to the places I buy stuff from. I sure as hell wouldn't trust GoodProductsFromChinaChiChi on eBay with my DL#, DOB, full name, etc., just to buy a crappy-made 4-port USB hub. That's what Crypto is essentially requesting here. "You've got PayPal, but we want your social security number too!" I've been with PayPal for over 10 years, and they're at least trustworthy. The vendors I use PayPal to pay with? Maybe not so much. But at least I know PayPal protects buyers and sellers. That's called "peace of mind". Something Crypto lacks, severely.

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 01:10:31 AM

WITHOUT making a case for why they want this information, or why I should trust them with it.

Dude if you had half a brain and were capable of reading you'd see that this is for AML compliance. And this supposedly anon site is a fully registered private Australian company.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
FalconFour

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 01:16:51 AM

Dude if you had half a brain and were capable of reading you'd see that this is for AML compliance. And this supposedly anon site is a fully registered private Australian company.
If... I... had... half... a... brain. Huh. Capable of reading? Reading what? Blank text on a non-existent explanation for this? I read the FAQs. No mention of privacy. Hell, privacy statement? None. I read the thing I quoted above, saying "we need this info". Any explanation about this "AML" thing? None whatsoever. What am I supposed to do, go look up what country Crypto is based in (if I didn't go out of my way to look through all the intro videos and such, and didn't already know it was based in Australia), and research banking laws there to figure out why they want it?

No.

This information should be UP FRONT on the website FOR USER CONFIDENCE. To avoid cases like this - certainly I'm not the first to be turned-off by this gratuitous dumping of private info into a random website, but obviously the first to actually voice an opinion about it - they could SIMPLY STATE THAT on their page.

And all of you questioning my reasoning here need to pull your heads out of your ass and realize that the only thing you're doing is harming Crypto's reputation by even questioning why someone would want to know where their information is being used. "Man behind the curtain", ignore him! Right.

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
cryptoxchange (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 01:43:00 AM

If... I... had... half... a... brain. Huh. Capable of reading? Reading what? Blank text on a non-existent explanation for this? I read the FAQs. No mention of privacy. Hell, privacy statement? None. I read the thing I quoted above, saying "we need this info". Any explanation about this "AML" thing? None whatsoever. What am I supposed to do, go look up what country Crypto is based in (if I didn't go out of my way to look through all the intro videos and such, and didn't already know it was based in Australia), and research banking laws there to figure out why they want it?

No.

This information should be UP FRONT on the website FOR USER CONFIDENCE. To avoid cases like this - certainly I'm not the first to be turned-off by this gratuitous dumping of private info into a random website, but obviously the first to actually voice an opinion about it - they could SIMPLY STATE THAT on their page.

And all of you questioning my reasoning here need to pull your heads out of your ass and realize that the only thing you're doing is harming Crypto's reputation by even questioning why someone would want to know where their information is being used. "Man behind the curtain", ignore him! Right.

FalconFour,

We are obligated to provide our banks and run by the law with the exchange, which we do not do anything unnecessary but comply with the laws and regulations in which we must abide by.

Due to KYC (Know Your Client Policy), AML and other policies with all banking transactions it is required, I will list the links here to make it simple, all of the information is on our website. https://www.cryptoxchange.com/t/AML

Privacy - https://www.cryptoxchange.com/t/PrivacyPolicy

Terms of Use - https://www.cryptoxchange.com/t/TermOfUse

Security - https://www.cryptoxchange.com/t/Security

About Us - https://www.cryptoxchange.com/t/WhyChooseUs

If you have any questions please feel free to email us : contact@cryptoxchange.com

Thank You

Regards

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
FalconFour

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 01:57:34 AM

Fair enough. I guess my point was these questions shouldn't have to be aired to customer support or to a forum, but should be answered before the questions are even asked. A simple "Why do we need this?" link beside "questionable" fields like Date of Birth/Full Name, and especially in the "ID Information" page (where I was expecting to find what my "account number" would be for BitInstant, but instead was prompted for more personal info), would do a lot to increase confidence in giving away this info.

Guess I'm just not the kind of guy that Googles "bitcoin exchange", clicks a random link, and starts belching all my personal info into a website without first wondering why the site needs all that info...

paulzag

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 03:04:29 AM

More trolling

In a conversation about AML/AT/KYC you're asking why semi-regulated exchange wants to Know Your Customer?

Every exchange is wrestling with this compliance. If they ignore it their bank accounts get frozen and they cop flak from the forum.

edit:
"You want anonymous? Use TOR and trade your USD there."
That doesn't even make any sense. TOR is a network anonymity engine. Not a Bitcoin/USD exchange. Durp hurp, where do I shot dollar bills into exit node?

If you know what an exit node is, you know where to go to trade.

I did not say EXCHANGE - I said trade. Good luck with convenience, security and reputation issues.

You want convenience grandma would appreciate, super efficient market rates, security your bank has, and anonymity of a south east asian market-place? Fine build it - I'll exchange there.
FalconFour

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 04:10:57 AM

Right, if I know what an exit node is, you'd think I know what I'm talking about in terms of customer CONFIDENCE. When the hell did I say I don't think I SHOULD be giving my information to an exchange? My whole point has been that *THE SITE* needs to be up-front about *WHY* they need this info. I just want the site to know that they should be telling people up-front why this information is being requested. And why the hell are you even prefacing your reply with "More trolling" anyway? You trolling? I noticed! We already wrapped this up, it was a done deal. And you drudged up more petty bickering. Get over it. I'm telling Crypto why I decided to go with Dwolla and CampBX this time around, instead of using their service. Take it as advice or take it as "waaah mommy mommy". I wrote it as advice. You're reading it as "waah mommy". Your fail.

bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 05:18:18 AM

When will direct mtgox code withdrawals be available again?

cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 07:02:09 AM

Hi BitcoinTrader,

We are waiting for our withdrawal limits to be increased, as it is only 50K per month. All paper work has been submitted for the lift requirement and we have been chasing this, but still awaiting a reply.

If anyone has a delayed withdraw please email us, we have been changing over the way our withdraw system works as well due to some more AML compliance.
Please email: contact@cryptoxchange.com if you have any problems or outstanding withdraw requests to all currencies.

Thank You

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
WME

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 09:32:54 AM

Hi BitcoinTrader,

We are waiting for our withdrawal limits to be increased, as it is only 50K per month. All paper work has been submitted for the lift requirement and we have been chasing this, but still awaiting a reply.

If anyone has a delayed withdraw please email us, we have been changing over the way our withdraw system works as well due to some more AML compliance.
Please email: contact@cryptoxchange.com if you have any problems or outstanding withdraw requests to all currencies.

Thank You

Crypto X Change

When you send me my money???!!!
cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 09:59:38 AM

Hi BitcoinTrader,

Thank You

Crypto X Change

When you send me my money???!!!

Hi WME,

We have had to change the way we were processing outbound payments, and add additional staff please email us so we can sort out your concerns.

Thank you

Regards

Crypto X Change

EnergyVampire

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 04:52:40 PM

Hello, I have a couple of questions:

Q1: Your main page states "NO BANK Wire costs or Bank Fees!! Cost is $5 + 0.6% to deposit and withdraw" but your blog and Fees page states "$5 Flat Fee - deposit or withdraw with any supported currency." So which one is correct?

Q2: If I understand correctly, you charge to make a fiat currency deposit. Does this mean you don't want anyone to deposit fiat currency?

Thanks in advance for your reply, cheers!

EnergyVampire

EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 06:52:30 PM

I'd like to see CXC implement
Google Authenticator
in a similar way that Bitcoinica has.

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 01:54:54 PM

Hello, I have a couple of questions:

Q1: Your main page states "NO BANK Wire costs or Bank Fees!! Cost is $5 + 0.6% to deposit and withdraw" but your blog and Fees page states "$5 Flat Fee - deposit or withdraw with any supported currency." So which one is correct?

Q2: If I understand correctly, you charge to make a fiat currency deposit. Does this mean you don't want anyone to deposit fiat currency?

Thanks in advance for your reply, cheers!

EnergyVampire

Hi Energy Vampire, sorry for the delay yes we will amend that banner ad.

Our cost is $5 AUD + 0.6%, which we have to pass onto our customers, this is for deposit & withdraws, for any amount. It works out still much cheaper than any international wire transfer, and clients can deposit upto 25 different currencies, and withdraw to over 120 different currencies.

Our deposit system is 100% Automated, so if you make a deposit, the funds are passed through and your account is credited automatically once the funds are verified and passed through which is usually 24-48 hours from most countries around the world.

Thank you for the reminder, we will adjust accordingly ASAP!

Regards

Crypto X Change

EnergyVampire

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 04:35:10 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2012, 04:53:18 PM by EnergyVampire

Thanks for the reply CryptoXchange,

I understand charging 1% or so for Bullion purchases (which is fair in my opinion), but charging for deposits originating from a bank would probably deter many potential customers.

.60% doesn't sound like alot but all these fees start adding up especially for certain trading styles. I believe other traders would probably agree with me in saying that we want more volume, more volatility and less fees.

By the way, is it possible for you to work out a deal with MTGox and eliminate code fees when transferring between the two? At the moment, its cheaper to use MTGox codes rather than using CryptoXchange codes->Bitinstant->MTGox. Maybe offer Bullion drop shipping for MTGox customers in return, idk?

Cheers!

EnergyVampire

P.S. The new trading engine seems to be working smoothly. Good job!

cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 05:24:31 PM

Thanks for the reply CryptoXchange,

I understand charging 1% or so for Bullion purchases (which is fair in my opinion), but charging for deposits originating from a bank would probably deter many potential customers.

.60% doesn't sound like alot but all these fees start adding up especially for certain trading styles. I believe other traders would probably agree with me in saying that we want more volume, more volatility and less fees.

By the way, is it possible for you to work out a deal with MTGox and eliminate code fees when transferring between the two? At the moment, its cheaper to use MTGox codes rather than using CryptoXchange codes->Bitinstant->MTGox. Maybe offer Bullion drop shipping for MTGox customers in return, idk?

Cheers!

EnergyVampire

P.S. The new trading engine seems to be working smoothly. Good job!

Hi EnergyVampire,

We have some very interesting fee structures coming out, they have been delayed due to the Trade Engine replacement however we should have the new structure out next week some time, this will be something entirely new to Bitcoin trading, which will change things entirely. We will have affordable solutions to suit absolutely everyone, which is scalable to their usage and needs.

This we have been working on for some time, it will be very interesting to see the uptake of our new concept once we release it.

Thank you

Crypto X Change

Krakonos

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 06:39:40 PM

Well, I'm sorry if someone mentioned it, but I'll be practical.

Id'd like cleaner and faster interface. It may be cool-looking, but even on my 24" display I can't see a lot and the page is slow loading and even after it is loaded, it is slow because of all that javascript there. I just won't ever use exchange like for other purpose than sell my bitcoins and withdraw them, and even then it is a pain to do it...

Tip jar: 1MWj8Etpt3ayLG5AvXwhtEU42szJD2m97z
cryptoxchange (OP)

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 06:44:55 PM

Well, I'm sorry if someone mentioned it, but I'll be practical.

Id'd like cleaner and faster interface. It may be cool-looking, but even on my 24" display I can't see a lot and the page is slow loading and even after it is loaded, it is slow because of all that javascript there. I just won't ever use exchange like for other purpose than sell my bitcoins and withdraw them, and even then it is a pain to do it...

Hi Krakonos,

Yes, we have a major user interface change coming out ASAP also. Much faster and more efficient with multiple levels of trading platforms, to suit different type users.

This will be out ASAP.

Thanks Krakonos

Regards

Crypto X Change

malavita

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 06:03:41 PM

Commissions are too high, speed in general is too slow (I have been waiting for the last 2 1/2 hours for a coin deposit to post and still nothing).  Must say that the dashboard looks a little less cluttered than it used to be, but I still think you're trying to do too much on that page (even MtGox went the eye-candy route with the last update and I think it's a lot worse now).

I'm going to test speed by running some calls via API (if I ever get my coins to post) and see what response I get - average MtGox for the last few days is 1.25 secs.  We'll see.

Make it faster, cheaper, simpler and ppl will use it more - just my two satoshi Smiley

Cheers!

Somebody's gotta finance this revolution - you can help by donating supplies, ammo, field hospital beds or simply BTCs here: 1QBNASECM8z2LLojkqZH3s2F8Ur7nhafNc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: