Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:19:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Stay away from TheCoinMiners.com  (Read 2790 times)
Phantomofheat (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 04:28:12 PM

TheCoinMiners.com or The Coin Miners is a SCAM.

I purchased a Gridseed from them sent BTC0.149 for it. After a few confirmations I checked my account on the site it did not have my order history. About an hour later I tried again and the site no longer had my any record of my account or email.

I have sent an email to all addresses I could find for the site and have not heard back in 24hrs.

Stay away from TheCoinMiners.com unless you want to through away your BTC, or better yet give it to me. Roll Eyes

I hope no one else loses money to this thief.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyrvidar

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:47:15 AM

Their prices definitely looked good, was curious as to whether or not they were the real deal.  Was actually just about to shoot off a small test order, but thought I'd do a search to see if anybody had ordered from them.  Hopefully you make some headway and they get back to you.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:27:05 PM

Their prices definitely looked good, was curious as to whether or not they were the real deal.  Was actually just about to shoot off a small test order, but thought I'd do a search to see if anybody had ordered from them.  Hopefully you make some headway and they get back to you.

Since this post was in May, I don't think they tried to get back to him. His BTC is forever lost, oh noes.
Phantomofheat (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 07:25:05 PM

I have not heard back but I do not expect to. Thats why I posted, because I searched for them and did not find anything good or bad so I thought I would give them a try. Atleast I did not try to but 4 gridseeds like i was wanting to do.

But now I'm out my gridseed since it was my coworkers money. I was getting them set up to mine, now i have to wait for the Zeus miner to be delivered to mine again.

Glad I could help keep someone from losing there BTC.
TinyBBC

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:30:30 PM

Thank you, I will add to my blacklist.

MY twitter is Bangel (@Bangel19)
The Bitcoin Society

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:33:54 PM

Sorry, but i see a new account with only 2 posts. both of those posts in this thread. that also has a bitcoin address listed in its profile which possesses 0 bitcoin. I find 0 TX record posted, 0 signs that you sent any payment to this site. Something tells me you are either here to troll or you yourself are in the hardware business and are trying to damage your competition. Because i have found dozens of people who have ordered from them through reddit who had nothing but good things to say.

Post some proof that you were scammed or forever be branded a liar for crying wolf for your own malicious reasons.
Phantomofheat (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 04:09:05 AM

Sorry, but i see a new account with only 2 posts. both of those posts in this thread. that also has a bitcoin address listed in its profile which possesses 0 bitcoin. I find 0 TX record posted, 0 signs that you sent any payment to this site. Something tells me you are either here to troll or you yourself are in the hardware business and are trying to damage your competition. Because i have found dozens of people who have ordered from them through reddit who had nothing but good things to say.

Post some proof that you were scammed or forever be branded a liar for crying wolf for your own malicious reasons.

I do not see any reason that I should be using my address that I hold my bitcoins in and it is easier to keep track if any one has donated any.

But here you go.
Here is what was in the email for payment
Order Grand Total:   $66.46
Payment Method:    Bitcoin, BTC 0.149 to 1ACLMXmLVEyWwffU9ngPwkiMKP9eDZSw73

I sent the payment from my coinbase account and do not see and address for the account.

I do have other accounts that I use for bitcoin such as two blockchain.info wallets below is one of them. I do not sell equipment/miners and if I did bashing other vendors would be bad business and show that I could not provide a worthwhile service, so the only thing I could do is make others bad.

I call BS on the good reddit comments as the four threads there were all started by thecoinminers http://www.reddit.com/search?q=thecoinminers&restrict_sr=off&sort=relevance&t=all
The only person that mentions that they have recieved anything is JohnnyBitcoinWalker same handle as this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=593573.160

If I get a reply or anything from them I will update this and let everyone know. Till then its your BTC and let me know if you ever receive any thing from them.
Phantomofheat (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 06:38:35 PM

No real updates other than no response as of yet, I sent them another message using the contact us form that is on the site.

Here is another topic on it lets see if they receive anything.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620742.0
jgauthier

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:19:07 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 06:22:06 PM by jgauthier

I placed an order from them for the first time last week.  I asked for a coupon code and they gave me 10% off.
I went ahead and ordered some stuff. I received order confirmation and shipping. This was May 20th.

A couple days went by and I tried to log in to the site and did it did not work. This freaked me out. This is May 22nd.
I sent them a message:

Hello,

This order is no longer showing up on the web interface.  Additionally, when I tried to log in this morning, I am no longer recognized.  Please respond as soon as possible.

Sorry, emailaddress@blah.com is not recognized as a user name or an e-mail address.
Sorry, jgauthier is not recognized as a user name or an e-mail address.

"After setting your password, you will be able to log in at
http://www.thecoinminers.com/?q=user in the future using:

username: jgauthier
password: XXXXX

I received a response same day:
Jason,

Although the website is up the Database is undergoing maintenance which restricts access to user accounts, order history, and affiliate program stats. It should be back up within 24 hours. The database size grew too large for the server so we are migrating it. Over 12,000 orders in just 2 weeks and over 15,000 affiliates in the affiliate program the database exceeded 1 terabyte and crashed. I myself cannot access the database right now so I cannot give you an update on your order status as of now. If you ordered after 8 a.m. this morning your order will ship tonight by 5 p.m. If you ordered before 8 a.m. this morning your order shipped about 45 minutes ago. That is about all the information I can give right now.

Thank You,

The Coin Miners Support

The "web database is still broken."
I was expecting my package on Saturday, and I emailed them again, Mostly, I am emailing them to see if they respond.
This is May 24th:
Your database appears to be down still. Are you still working on this?  I was thinking my shipment would be here by today and I wanted to find out of there was a tracking number.  I'm not sure where you ship from, but most places get to me (in Ohio) in 4 days.

Thanks!

They responded on Saturday, 05/24:
Jason,

Order # 84 is scheduled for delivery on Monday 5/26/14, When we ship bulk USPS we do not get individual tracking numbers we can give out as all tracking info is in our USPS account and are tracked by our PO number.

Thank You,

The Coin Miners Support Team

Since 05/26, is a holiday, I expect the package to be waiting for me today.
They have been very responsive to emails.  If they are a legitimate business, this broken order deal is certainly hurting them.

I will post later when/if I receive the package.
jgauthier

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:10:12 PM

Update:

I did not receive my package today.  I have emailed them for additional information.
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:13:47 PM

Over 12,000 orders in just 2 weeks and over 15,000 affiliates in the affiliate program the database exceeded 1 terabyte and crashed

ROFL.  12k orders and 15k affiliates being tracked created 1 TERABYTE of data ??
jgauthier

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:43:50 PM

My package did not arrive today. No response from them with my inquiry yesterday.
jgauthier

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:23:51 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 08:02:44 PM by jgauthier

https://www.bitcoinforum.com/bitcoin-mining/the-coin-miners-new-miner-store-as-cheap-as-$10/msg9469/#msg9469

[They've removed it. Apparently, the moderator is in on it]

My story is posted.  If they aren't fraudulent, they shouldn't be in business anyway.
Unpopped

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:49:26 PM

Scammers these days... ridiculous
jgauthier

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:15:32 PM

They have deleted my post, and someone else (with 1 post) just claimed how well their coupon code works.

I will put up a blog or something so that I will not be censored. This whole site is a crock of shit.
Johnny Bitcoin Walker

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:24:40 AM

They have deleted my post, and someone else (with 1 post) just claimed how well their coupon code works.

I will put up a blog or something so that I will not be censored. This whole site is a crock of shit.

Let us all know when you get that blog put up  Wink Seems like a whole lot of work / expense just because your not happy with your service with someone. Everyone in the bitcoin scene has been scammed at one point or another. The people who make it big with bitcoin suck it up and call it a learning experience. The ones who give up in a fit of rage spend months crying about getting scammed and soon fall out of the bitcoin space. Which one are you going to be?

Either way, i would say you were victim of selective scamming because there are several others who have gotten their orders, and a few who claim they havent. Are you going to put on some big boy pants and move on, or cry some more? Maybe you should sign up for their affiliate program and earn some of that bitcoin back. 30 seconds on google and you can find that they pay their affiliates, and 10 minutes on goolge shows they have paid out a fortune in affiliate commissions since they started.

https://blockchain.info/tx/5254f3caa96f1dd9197c9a73ac39d3a11021a3c7002d3e53cf4d0cb2435b3894
https://blockchain.info/tx/8f4a1bf555fac5352cd8b55e18acee6bc4ec965a7c14ed4d694257158c8f15af
https://blockchain.info/tx/9f16399d7a485f3cdb8d9c279067cbebb83dde4ebe556e4506a26d21ecfc90b5
https://blockchain.info/tx/8a030ec53f8ebcfbea6925d038d46fb891d1dfd894c4a3854c07133e54962634

Just a thought, get mad, move on, or get paid. Dosnt seem like that hard of a decision to me, but whats common sense these days anyways.
Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:03:40 PM

Show me these google posts. Otherwise, you are also a liar.

Don't you think it's odd their website shows "700 happy customers".
They told me they had 12,000 orders in two weeks.

But my order was #84?

Yeah.  I think you're in with them, unless you prove otherwise.

And selective scanning? Seriously.  You still think it's worth promoting a site that might scam you? Smart.

Jesus you're a cry baby little whiny biotch. I ain't here to do your work for you, go to google search "thecoinminers.com" you will find hundreds of blockchain pages, the more pages you get into google the more you find. Do you need someone to teach you how to use google? WTF are you trying to buy bitcoin miners for when you cannot even operate a computer?

Promoting them? Really? what part of anything i said makes you think i am promoting them? Because i know people who didnt get their orders and i also know people who did? That makes me a promoter of their website? Kid your nucking futs. You really do not have the heart to be a part of the bitcoin community or the brains to understand how half this stuff works. I think its about time you sell what miners you do have and go join your local quilting or book club before you go bankrupt or get any more insane that you already are.

It's no wonder the admin chased you off the other forum that you linked to, any admin, moderator, or other person in control is doing the world a favor by removing your mad ranting. Can you do basic math? i spent 30 seconds and found a dozen paid affiliate commissions on blockchain. in 30 minutes this is the only thread, blog, anything for that matter that i can find that has anything bad to say about these guys and its you and phantom complaining, and even phantom got out after he said what he had to say, and yet here you sit. going to cry and cry until you feel important again. You said your peace, now move on, thats how it works.

SERIOUSLY !!!! get out of the bitcoin community before you end up committing suicide or something man. you dont have the smarts to be here.
Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:41:45 AM

In case any of you missed it in the other thread, This Jgauthier guy works for another mining company and is just trying to tarnish the reputation of this company. For $11 i was able to verify they were legit, and for free i was able to get the facts about Jgauthier. I cannot say anything about Phantoms claims, i am sure it is just a Jgauthier clone / account. But for $11 i am glad i can put an end to this non-sense.

Photo proof:

https://i.imgur.com/g6CI8rp.jpg

With that being said, i am no way endorsing this company, Just stating that Jgauthier is a troll, and that i was able to order and verify they were legit this week and got everything i was promised. Whether you order or not is your business, but if you do please P.M. me and order through my affiliate link so i can get my $11 back that it cost me to find out if they were legit or not.
jgauthier

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:56:26 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 11:15:59 AM by jgauthier

Wanting to tarnish their name makes no sense. At all.

Think it through what gain would I have? I don't run a competing business, and I don't have an affiliation with one.

The fact is, I spent $500 with them, and they did not deliver product. Then, they stopped returning my emails.

That's a fact, and I can prove it all.

I'm glad you got your $11 order.  Honestly, I am.  I want my $500 order.

Bah, turns out you've been involved in what this community considers other scams. You have no credibility.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=593573.0
Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:10:30 PM

Wanting to tarnish their name makes no sense. At all.

Think it through what gain would I have? I don't run a competing business, and I don't have an affiliation with one.

The fact is, I spent $500 with them, and they did not deliver product. Then, they stopped returning my emails.

That's a fact, and I can prove it all.

I'm glad you got your $11 order.  Honestly, I am.  I want my $500 order.

Bah, turns out you've been involved in what this community considers other scams. You have no credibility.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=593573.0

Funny, i read no complaints of anyone getting scammed ANYWHERE, i read a lot of trolls doing their thing, but no, and i mean 0 legitimate claims of anyone being ripped off.

Furthermore you P.M.ing me and begging me to send you bitcoin is one of the biggest and most commonly known scams on this forum.

In Closing, i am too busy to keep dealing with you and your crying nonsense. I did my part, i ordered, put my money where my mouth is and POSTED the proof.

for the rest of you. I AM IN NO WAY endorsing TheCoinMiners.com so lets make that clear. I merely placed an order with them for $11 to see what this guy was talking about, and i received my order with absolutely no problems and when i inquired as to his "claims" i got the truth of the matter. Order at your own risk, In no way does the fact that i got my order delivered as promised does that mean you will have the same experience. I can only speak of my own experience, but i can assure you this guy is doing nothing but trolling and phishing for donations because he got "ripped off" as he wants to claim.
emanzer0

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:00:38 AM

I ordered a gridseed from them on 5/17 said it was scheduled to ship on 5/17. Never received it and can not get a hold of them. Sucks.
Phantomofheat (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:43:55 PM

Johnny, I'm just posting to say a that this is my only account and I'm glad that you got your small order, but there are a few people that have not received what they payed for.

In the other thread you stated that an order was cancelled due to abuse of the affiliate program. They have no terms of the program other than it always pays. If some one does abuse the program that is not reason to steal the BTC that was sent they should a)refund the BTC b)ship the product and close the affiliate account.

You are wondering my line of work is in the medical industry teaching and trouble shooting the medical records program, and that has been the only line of work I have had for the last 8 almost 9 years.
jgauthier

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:21:31 PM

I originally posted my story, but someone from thecoinminers.com didn't like it, so it was deleted. 
http://thecoinminers.wordpress.com/2014/06/05/thecoinminers-com-scam/

Originally, this story was just about thecoinminers.com.  But with all of Johnny's rich material, I was able to incorporate a lot of him, and why you should avoid him like the plague.

Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:37:44 PM

I originally posted my story, but someone from thecoinminers.com didn't like it, so it was deleted. 
http://thecoinminers.wordpress.com/2014/06/05/thecoinminers-com-scam/

Originally, this story was just about thecoinminers.com.  But with all of Johnny's rich material, I was able to incorporate a lot of him, and why you should avoid him like the plague.

GET A LIFE KID
[/b][/size]
jeffdem

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:01:44 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 11:13:39 AM by jeffdem

I ordered hardware from http://thecoinminers.com/ and did not receive my order. Paid 0.3467 btc. I have since seen other complaints against them for the same reason. They recently removed the e-mail contact form from their website and do not list any other contact info. Their order confirmation came from admin@thecoinminers.com but they no longer respond to e-mails since I requested a tracking number from them. The accept payment by Bitcoin only because "Due to a recent increase in fraud we are no longer accepting credit cards or paypal". In hindsight, it seems odd that a business would turn away two major sources of payment due to a few fraudulent transactions.
https://i.imgur.com/R1mPeAl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ecRHrmJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SWu0rm2.jpg
Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:22:48 AM

Johnny, I'm just posting to say a that this is my only account and I'm glad that you got your small order, but there are a few people that have not received what they payed for.

In the other thread you stated that an order was cancelled due to abuse of the affiliate program. They have no terms of the program other than it always pays. If some one does abuse the program that is not reason to steal the BTC that was sent they should a)refund the BTC b)ship the product and close the affiliate account.

You are wondering my line of work is in the medical industry teaching and trouble shooting the medical records program, and that has been the only line of work I have had for the last 8 almost 9 years.

Phantom,

I have nothing bad to say about you man, i'm sorry to hear that you didnt get your order. i guess i'm glad i only spent $11, and glad that i had no issues. Really sucks that you lost your BTC though.  jgauthier deserved everything he got for being a troll and faking crap but for you to legitimately lose something really sucks. It seems to me that everything i read about people not getting something is orders for gridseeds, everything i read where people got their stuff is non-gridseeds. wonder what the deal with that is?
jgauthier

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:10:07 PM

I provided proof of order and proof of payment, along with the same type of conversations that jeffdem had. Promises of order delivery and dates.

I also realized that these are all gridseed orders.

Do you need me to post my order again as proof? I'm happy to do so.

jeffdem

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

It's not just gridseeds. My order was for an Antminer S1. Still no reply from admin@thecoinminers.com. BadBitcoin.org did some digging and found their registant e-mail: thecoinminers@yahoo.com and complaints can be forwarded to their host at abuse@melbourneit.com.au I recommend flooding both addresses.
jeffdem

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:59:56 PM

Everyone in the bitcoin scene has been scammed at one point or another. The people who make it big with bitcoin suck it up and call it a learning experience. The ones who give up in a fit of rage spend months crying about getting scammed and soon fall out of the bitcoin space. Which one are you going to be?

Really, JohnnyWalker? You think it's okay to be scammed out of your hard-earned money. just "suck it up and call it a learning experience"? You don't think it's justified to post complaints against this kind of thing and warn others not to send their money to scammers? I saw on another post that you actually defended these guys and posted your own affiliate link to their site. You're just as bad as they are.
Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:17:29 AM

Everyone in the bitcoin scene has been scammed at one point or another. The people who make it big with bitcoin suck it up and call it a learning experience. The ones who give up in a fit of rage spend months crying about getting scammed and soon fall out of the bitcoin space. Which one are you going to be?

Really, JohnnyWalker? You think it's okay to be scammed out of your hard-earned money. just "suck it up and call it a learning experience"? You don't think it's justified to post complaints against this kind of thing and warn others not to send their money to scammers? I saw on another post that you actually defended these guys and posted your own affiliate link to their site. You're just as bad as they are.

No jeff, i think it sucks to be legitimately taken for your money, i also think paid trolls like Jgauthier deserve to by burned at the stake. What i did post is my order experience with these guys for an $11 order. And your damn right i posted my affiliate link on the other forum. i have made $212 from there affiliate program and been paid every time. I dont care who does what, if they are going to pay me, i will wear a clown suit and walk on my hands. Free BTC is Free BTC. its a ton easier than wasting money on miners. Mining BTC has 100% gone commercial. Even the best miners on the market today have a 1 to 2 year ROI with current difficulty.
jeffdem

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:00:55 AM

Well Johnny, you won't be getting any more affiliate payments from your fraudster friends. Their website has been shut down.
jgauthier

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:30:18 AM

JB, as stated I can provide order and payment proof.  Let me know what you need to put your pride aside and see the truth.

You, however, post a link on another board knowingly, and willfully, to a hardware vendor that is stealing people's money.

i have made $212 from there affiliate program and been paid every time. I dont care who does what, if they are going to pay me, i will wear a clown suit and walk on my hands. Free BTC is Free BTC. its a ton easier than wasting money on miners.

There's a word for this. It's accomplice. 

Their site is down "for maintenance".  I truly hope they are done for good, but I doubt it.

Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:48:27 PM

I have been reading this thread, and I know of another that has lost significantly more than $500.00 to thecoinminers.com. The FBI has a website for this if you are in the U.S. www.ic3.gov  I have instructed my friend to contact them, so let's see what happens next. If these people are in the US, they will be found and prosecuted. The amount that they stole from my friend classifies it as a felony, and they actually made the mistake of contacting him by phone, so the records are there. Who knows, maybe his order will suddenly show up...

P.S. Johnny, I would try to disassociate myself from these people as quickly as possible if I were you... Just a tiny bit of advice. Since you have been paid by them, you might just get dragged into the whole mess during the investigation.

Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:21:09 AM

I have been reading this thread, and I know of another that has lost significantly more than $500.00 to thecoinminers.com. The FBI has a website for this if you are in the U.S. www.ic3.gov  I have instructed my friend to contact them, so let's see what happens next. If these people are in the US, they will be found and prosecuted. The amount that they stole from my friend classifies it as a felony, and they actually made the mistake of contacting him by phone, so the records are there. Who knows, maybe his order will suddenly show up...

P.S. Johnny, I would try to disassociate myself from these people as quickly as possible if I were you... Just a tiny bit of advice. Since you have been paid by them, you might just get dragged into the whole mess during the investigation.

Thanks sprite, but there are hundreds of people who were paid by them so i am not too awfully worried about getting "dragged in". Although i will have to find another affiliate website now to bank on. sorry to hear about your friend, i never heard of anybody getting a phone call from them, as a matter of fact i have heard a ton of complaints that they didnt have a phone number to call so i dont know how he managed that, but none the less sad to hear.

jgauthier

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:51:49 AM

Thanks sprite, but there are hundreds of people who were paid by them so i am not too awfully worried about getting "dragged in". Although i will have to find another affiliate website now to bank on. sorry to hear about your friend, i never heard of anybody getting a phone call from them, as a matter of fact i have heard a ton of complaints that they didnt have a phone number to call so i dont know how he managed that, but none the less sad to hear.

Just because they didn't advertise a phone number doesn't mean they don't have a the ability to use a phone.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: