Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Stay away from TheCoinMiners.com  (Read 2790 times)
emanzer0

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:00:38 AM

I ordered a gridseed from them on 5/17 said it was scheduled to ship on 5/17. Never received it and can not get a hold of them. Sucks.
Phantomofheat (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:43:55 PM

Johnny, I'm just posting to say a that this is my only account and I'm glad that you got your small order, but there are a few people that have not received what they payed for.

In the other thread you stated that an order was cancelled due to abuse of the affiliate program. They have no terms of the program other than it always pays. If some one does abuse the program that is not reason to steal the BTC that was sent they should a)refund the BTC b)ship the product and close the affiliate account.

You are wondering my line of work is in the medical industry teaching and trouble shooting the medical records program, and that has been the only line of work I have had for the last 8 almost 9 years.
jgauthier

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:21:31 PM

I originally posted my story, but someone from thecoinminers.com didn't like it, so it was deleted. 
http://thecoinminers.wordpress.com/2014/06/05/thecoinminers-com-scam/

Originally, this story was just about thecoinminers.com.  But with all of Johnny's rich material, I was able to incorporate a lot of him, and why you should avoid him like the plague.

Johnny Bitcoin Walker

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:37:44 PM

I originally posted my story, but someone from thecoinminers.com didn't like it, so it was deleted. 
http://thecoinminers.wordpress.com/2014/06/05/thecoinminers-com-scam/

Originally, this story was just about thecoinminers.com.  But with all of Johnny's rich material, I was able to incorporate a lot of him, and why you should avoid him like the plague.

GET A LIFE KID
[/b][/size]
jeffdem

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:01:44 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 11:13:39 AM by jeffdem

I ordered hardware from http://thecoinminers.com/ and did not receive my order. Paid 0.3467 btc. I have since seen other complaints against them for the same reason. They recently removed the e-mail contact form from their website and do not list any other contact info. Their order confirmation came from admin@thecoinminers.com but they no longer respond to e-mails since I requested a tracking number from them. The accept payment by Bitcoin only because "Due to a recent increase in fraud we are no longer accepting credit cards or paypal". In hindsight, it seems odd that a business would turn away two major sources of payment due to a few fraudulent transactions.
https://i.imgur.com/R1mPeAl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ecRHrmJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SWu0rm2.jpg
Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:22:48 AM

Johnny, I'm just posting to say a that this is my only account and I'm glad that you got your small order, but there are a few people that have not received what they payed for.

In the other thread you stated that an order was cancelled due to abuse of the affiliate program. They have no terms of the program other than it always pays. If some one does abuse the program that is not reason to steal the BTC that was sent they should a)refund the BTC b)ship the product and close the affiliate account.

You are wondering my line of work is in the medical industry teaching and trouble shooting the medical records program, and that has been the only line of work I have had for the last 8 almost 9 years.

Phantom,

I have nothing bad to say about you man, i'm sorry to hear that you didnt get your order. i guess i'm glad i only spent $11, and glad that i had no issues. Really sucks that you lost your BTC though.  jgauthier deserved everything he got for being a troll and faking crap but for you to legitimately lose something really sucks. It seems to me that everything i read about people not getting something is orders for gridseeds, everything i read where people got their stuff is non-gridseeds. wonder what the deal with that is?
jgauthier

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:10:07 PM

I provided proof of order and proof of payment, along with the same type of conversations that jeffdem had. Promises of order delivery and dates.

I also realized that these are all gridseed orders.

Do you need me to post my order again as proof? I'm happy to do so.

jeffdem

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

It's not just gridseeds. My order was for an Antminer S1. Still no reply from admin@thecoinminers.com. BadBitcoin.org did some digging and found their registant e-mail: thecoinminers@yahoo.com and complaints can be forwarded to their host at abuse@melbourneit.com.au I recommend flooding both addresses.
jeffdem

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:59:56 PM

Everyone in the bitcoin scene has been scammed at one point or another. The people who make it big with bitcoin suck it up and call it a learning experience. The ones who give up in a fit of rage spend months crying about getting scammed and soon fall out of the bitcoin space. Which one are you going to be?

Really, JohnnyWalker? You think it's okay to be scammed out of your hard-earned money. just "suck it up and call it a learning experience"? You don't think it's justified to post complaints against this kind of thing and warn others not to send their money to scammers? I saw on another post that you actually defended these guys and posted your own affiliate link to their site. You're just as bad as they are.
Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:17:29 AM

Everyone in the bitcoin scene has been scammed at one point or another. The people who make it big with bitcoin suck it up and call it a learning experience. The ones who give up in a fit of rage spend months crying about getting scammed and soon fall out of the bitcoin space. Which one are you going to be?

Really, JohnnyWalker? You think it's okay to be scammed out of your hard-earned money. just "suck it up and call it a learning experience"? You don't think it's justified to post complaints against this kind of thing and warn others not to send their money to scammers? I saw on another post that you actually defended these guys and posted your own affiliate link to their site. You're just as bad as they are.

No jeff, i think it sucks to be legitimately taken for your money, i also think paid trolls like Jgauthier deserve to by burned at the stake. What i did post is my order experience with these guys for an $11 order. And your damn right i posted my affiliate link on the other forum. i have made $212 from there affiliate program and been paid every time. I dont care who does what, if they are going to pay me, i will wear a clown suit and walk on my hands. Free BTC is Free BTC. its a ton easier than wasting money on miners. Mining BTC has 100% gone commercial. Even the best miners on the market today have a 1 to 2 year ROI with current difficulty.
jeffdem

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:00:55 AM

Well Johnny, you won't be getting any more affiliate payments from your fraudster friends. Their website has been shut down.
jgauthier

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:30:18 AM

JB, as stated I can provide order and payment proof.  Let me know what you need to put your pride aside and see the truth.

You, however, post a link on another board knowingly, and willfully, to a hardware vendor that is stealing people's money.

i have made $212 from there affiliate program and been paid every time. I dont care who does what, if they are going to pay me, i will wear a clown suit and walk on my hands. Free BTC is Free BTC. its a ton easier than wasting money on miners.

There's a word for this. It's accomplice. 

Their site is down "for maintenance".  I truly hope they are done for good, but I doubt it.

Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:48:27 PM

I have been reading this thread, and I know of another that has lost significantly more than $500.00 to thecoinminers.com. The FBI has a website for this if you are in the U.S. www.ic3.gov  I have instructed my friend to contact them, so let's see what happens next. If these people are in the US, they will be found and prosecuted. The amount that they stole from my friend classifies it as a felony, and they actually made the mistake of contacting him by phone, so the records are there. Who knows, maybe his order will suddenly show up...

P.S. Johnny, I would try to disassociate myself from these people as quickly as possible if I were you... Just a tiny bit of advice. Since you have been paid by them, you might just get dragged into the whole mess during the investigation.

Johnny Bitcoin Walker

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:21:09 AM

I have been reading this thread, and I know of another that has lost significantly more than $500.00 to thecoinminers.com. The FBI has a website for this if you are in the U.S. www.ic3.gov  I have instructed my friend to contact them, so let's see what happens next. If these people are in the US, they will be found and prosecuted. The amount that they stole from my friend classifies it as a felony, and they actually made the mistake of contacting him by phone, so the records are there. Who knows, maybe his order will suddenly show up...

P.S. Johnny, I would try to disassociate myself from these people as quickly as possible if I were you... Just a tiny bit of advice. Since you have been paid by them, you might just get dragged into the whole mess during the investigation.

Thanks sprite, but there are hundreds of people who were paid by them so i am not too awfully worried about getting "dragged in". Although i will have to find another affiliate website now to bank on. sorry to hear about your friend, i never heard of anybody getting a phone call from them, as a matter of fact i have heard a ton of complaints that they didnt have a phone number to call so i dont know how he managed that, but none the less sad to hear.

jgauthier

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:51:49 AM

Thanks sprite, but there are hundreds of people who were paid by them so i am not too awfully worried about getting "dragged in". Although i will have to find another affiliate website now to bank on. sorry to hear about your friend, i never heard of anybody getting a phone call from them, as a matter of fact i have heard a ton of complaints that they didnt have a phone number to call so i dont know how he managed that, but none the less sad to hear.

Just because they didn't advertise a phone number doesn't mean they don't have a the ability to use a phone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: