Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:50:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Thread of Qora :: Second Generation Coin  (Read 7207 times)
jklike

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:58:53 AM

doge is only 10 satoshi.
does qora famous than doge .
and qora num is 10 billion now.doge only 100 billion.

why qora can so expensive?
dzarmush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:04:10 AM

doge is only 10 satoshi.

Are you from the moon, my friend? Smiley

Doge — 100B coins — 100 satoshi
Qora — 10B coins — 100 satoshi

What does it mean? Right, that Qora's real price is at least 1000 satoshi if you compare it to Doge.

Also consider that Qora is not just another clone like Doge but absolutely new 2nd Gen coin with huge potential.

MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:05:26 AM

@dzarmush, I suggest as the OP of this thread you modify the first post to keep track of bids & offers, if you have time. Otherwise people will need to bump bids & offers continuously and this thread will get out of control.

The monero thread is a good example.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=578192.0

Interesting. But does it actually work? I mean nobody knows if an offer is still available or deal has been closed.

The guy running the OTC exchange thread gets to set the rules. You can always ask people to confirm trades, and if a user ignores PM's for too long their bid/offer gets removed

Without putting the bids & offers all together nobody can see what the market price is, so people sit on their hands. Nobody wants that, buyers & sellers.

smooth, who runs the Monero OTC exchange thread offers escrow too, so it stimulates more trading. Monero is on exchanges now, so the action on the OTC thread has slowed but for a week or so it was the only way to buy, and it worked very well.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:10:42 AM

doge is only 10 satoshi.

The comparison is ridiculous.
Do you even heard about Yacoin?
Never, right.
Yes the price is 1109 satoshi. It's much expensive than doge.
You know why?
Because the amount is much less.
dzarmush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:15:03 AM

@dzarmush, I suggest as the OP of this thread you modify the first post to keep track of bids & offers, if you have time. Otherwise people will need to bump bids & offers continuously and this thread will get out of control.

Interesting. But does it actually work? I mean nobody knows if an offer is still available or deal has been closed.

The guy running the OTC exchange thread gets to set the rules. You can always ask people to confirm trades, and if a user ignores PM's for too long their bid/offer gets removed

Without putting the bids & offers all together nobody can see what the market price is, so people sit on their hands. Nobody wants that, buyers & sellers.

smooth, who runs the Monero OTC exchange thread offers escrow too, so it stimulates more trading. Monero is on exchanges now, so the action on the OTC thread has slowed but for a week or so it was the only way to buy, and it worked very well.

Got it. So it's kinda fuul operating exchange. If someone is willing to do so for Qora, I'll just give a link to a new thread and ask mods to lock this thread.

JKBtCn

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:15:17 AM

Of course the Qora IPO guys have been mentally processing the idea that maybe this is a repeat of NXT, and so you're all going to get rich. Well for that to happen you need ~1500 people to buy into Qora in the next 10-14 days.

I don't buy your logic here at all. You arbitrarily assume that if the qora community doesn't grow to 1500 in 10-14 day it will die on the vine?? Simply spurious. If you want to buy post your offer. Someone will sell.

Qora is not NXT. There are thousands of people aware of the possibilities and willing to pay more to get in. Why not assume the qora community will grow to 2000 in 2 weeks selling for 70-100 sat? Maybe it will!

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:20:24 AM

Just stop trolling, people, ok? If you want to buy at 15 satoshi, post you offer and wait for a seller.

My offer stands.

WTS @ 100 satoshi. Min 1M.

Over 5M — 80 satoshi

Over 10M — 70 satoshi

PM for quick response.

Trolling ... this is business! Is the guy opposite in a business negotiation a troll? You're a bit too sensitive for this 'game' I think.

When someone in business calls 'troll' rather than offering a counter argument it shows they're a bit rattled.

Buyers hold the line, you don't need to pay 100 sats!

dzarmush has avoided attempting to reconcile his choice for a starting price for Qora of 100 sats, and the obvious problem that implies for new comers seeking to have a chance of making a decent return, and thus how Qora gets a community going.

He is saying my case for a 'starting' price of ~15 sats on the Qora price 'ladder' is obviously false, because I'm trolling, which looks a bit weak.

Good one dzarmush, now you can avoid trying to explain how Qora can grow a community when newcomers have next to no chance of making a decent return. Without a community you don't have Qora, and 150 guys isn't a community, and 100 sats at the bottom wont get you one in time before Qora dies on the vine.

I'm making a case using reason and recent history that your 'bottom rung' price on the Qora 'ladder' of 100 satoshi is too high to grow a community, and ultimately very damaging to Qora. You might disagree with my opinion but it's hardly trolling.

I know from experience people have different expectations about what represents a good deal, and many will see 10 satoshi as a good return, and if buyers stop and think. they'll realise this is a buyers market, and they'll hold off on getting caught in a bidding war with other buyers.

If buyers hold for a week or two SOME IPO guys will take a x10 return, and the starting price for Qora will be well below 100 satoshi. That's good for Qora, and good for me, and I'm trying to convince other buyers to think the same. It's business.

If your only argument is, 'he's a troll', it shows you have no answer to my reasoning. I put it down to NXT 73 fever.

Of course the Qora IPO guys have been mentally processing the idea that maybe this is a repeat of NXT, and so you're all going to get rich. Well for that to happen you need ~1500 people to buy into Qora in the next 10-14 days.

Calculate your return on the IPO for 100 sats, and then consider the likelihood that Qora can reach a marketcap of 45 Million USD in 1-2 months, which would give me a x10 return.

I think if anyone does both those calculations they can see your IPO return will be massive, and the next batch of Qora investors (i.e. guys like me) will probably get burned to a crisp when Qora crashes.

My current conclusion is your desire to repeat NXT founder history has clouded your thinking.

You need people like me to buy Qora much more than I need people like you to sell it to me. Why? Because history and experience tells me Qora wont reach 45 Million USD  marketcap within 9-12 months (maybe never), so chances are I won't make even x10 profit if I buy at 100, but you'll still make a massive profit (what is it by the way, I bet you have calculated it), so in this negotiation you have both the capacity to move in my direction, and the need.

Buyers can cool their heels and wait for more realistic sellers to enter the market

I repeat, this is a buyers market.

If you are here to buy keep your powder dry and wait - don't think the price is going to shoot up - no need for a panic buy if the starting price is 100 satoshi.

In 2 weeks if the Qora community is still ~150 people there will be a fire sale. Why? Because x10 return will be enough for some people, and they'll be scared Qora could die before they get a chance to convert it into bitcoins.

All reasoned arguments and opinions, not wishful thinking, or 'don't listen to this guy, he's a troll.

WTB 20 Million Qora @ 15 satoshi

+1

Righteous post! Remember the three D's

distribution
distribution
distribution

No need for a marketing fund yet, the best marketing right now is a decent price that doesn't make the founders look like greedy pricks.

1 bitcoin in the IPO got about 85 Million coins

85 Million @ 100 satoshi is 85 bitcoins - x85 return

Buyers market for sure
dzarmush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:23:46 AM

+1

distribution
distribution
distribution

No need for a marketing fund yet, the best marketing right now is a decent price that doesn't make the founders look like greedy pricks.

Buyers market for sure

Can you discuss distribution and other stuff somewhere else? It's a trading post, not discussing post.

You want to buy — post you price and wait for offers. You don't want to buy — don't post anything.

dzarmush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:26:04 AM

i was thinking about doing this job last night. if dzarmush dont want do it, then i will start a new thread.

If you are going to make a new thread, please make it self-moderated. Those trolling guys are aweful. You explane to one of them, he disappers. Five minutes later comes another one and instead of reading discussion just posts the same bullshit again.

boomboom

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:35:44 AM

I don't buy your logic here at all. You arbitrarily assume that if the qora community doesn't grow to 1500 in 10-14 day it will die on the vine?? Simply spurious. If you want to buy post your offer. Someone will sell.

Qora is not NXT. There are thousands of people aware of the possibilities and willing to pay more to get in. Why not assume the qora community will grow to 2000 in 2 weeks selling for 70-100 sat? Maybe it will!

I get his argument.

100 sat starting price gives the founders approx x85 return

For someone buying today @100, for a x10 return they need Qora  to get to a marketcap of 45 Million

45 Million is high for a new coin.

137 founders isn't enough community, so if buyers don't 'panic buy' some sellers will eventually drop their price.

25 sats would give the IPO investor a x20 return, so without a panic buy, that's where we're heading, that's an impressive return

makes sense. without a community of users you don't have a coin

boomboom

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:36:49 AM

+1

distribution
distribution
distribution

Buyers market for sure

Can you discuss distribution and other stuff somewhere else? It's a trading post, not discussing post.

You want to buy — post you price and wait for offers. You don't want to buy — don't post anything.

sorry, trading is price related. just ignore if you don't like it Smiley
Secondleo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:54:31 AM

50 satoshi is reasonable.
NXT survived because its founders deliberately sold low to the first wave of buyers. It's all documented in the trading thread of NXT

Nobody was aware of Nxt potential, that's why for the first week people sell 1M for 1Btc. I got in very early in Nxt but still I was only able to buy 200K for 1Btc and a week later the price exploded. Most part of distribution happened much later when Nxt hit Bter.

Good luck with that. I'd better pledge 20M coins for dev/marketing fund than dump them for nothing. Everything under 60-70 satoshi is just ridicuolus.

You wouldn't be dumping them for nothing, you'd be growing a community - I thought you were one of the more insightful guys on this forum.

I think that Qora has a huge potential and see no reason to keep price close to zero which 15-25 satoshi is. It'll be better to distribute coins through bounties for development, marketing and nodes but keep the price over 60 satoshi. Everybody would win in this case.

Correct, at first no one saw NXTs potential.
But this is not NXT. Currently Qora is not in a good state, it is fresh and barely functional. It has a lot of competition out there, which NXT didn't have.

Qora is now one amongst many second generation coins. It's running late and far behind, while NXT is speeding up as we speak.

And the reason NXT does so are people who bought in cheap early.

There is no mentionable activity from the IPO investors. The guys that run the show now joined in early for a good price. A lot of developers did so and they move the coin forward now.

And as for your statement that Qora was probably made by BCNEXT:

Don't go there. BCNEXT is far more math guy than coder. He is good with the logic, but the real NXT work came from Come-From-Beyond. That guy is a brilliant coder.
Qora is definitely not BCNEXT. Completly different style going on here.

So, having a ten fold return on the initial investment in the early days is necessary to get people on board. You will get more with time, nobody says you got to sell everything. The big return comes later íf the current holders sell part of their coins for only ten fold (haha... only Tongue ) return. Keep it high and this whole thing will collapse.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:02:33 AM

qora is much better than NXT. NXT was like a beta for months - each two days a new version was released. Its gui also was not user friendly at all - who would understand what all those icons were, if he wasn't into cryptos?

Nxt was manipulated inside DGEX by the first whales - it started climbing up, even though there were no services at all for it at that moment.

qora is better from the start - if you compare the two launches, the gui, the participants, the belief..

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
boomboom

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:08:23 AM

Correct, at first no one saw NXTs potential.
But this is not NXT. Currently Qora is not in a good state, it is fresh and barely functional. It has a lot of competition out there, which NXT didn't have.

Qora is now one amongst many second generation coins. It's running late and far behind, while NXT is speeding up as we speak.

And the reason NXT does so are people who bought in cheap early.

There is no mentionable activity from the IPO investors. The guys that run the show now joined in early for a good price. A lot of developers did so and they move the coin forward now.

And as for your statement that Qora was probably made by BCNEXT:

Don't go there. BCNEXT is far more math guy than coder. He is good with the logic, but the real NXT work came from Come-From-Beyond. That guy is a brilliant coder.
Qora is definitely not BCNEXT. Completly different style going on here.

So, having a ten fold return on the initial investment in the early days is necessary to get people on board. You will get more with time, nobody says you got to sell everything. The big return comes later íf the current holders sell part of their coins for only ten fold (haha... only Tongue ) return. Keep it high and this whole thing will collapse.

Exactly! So many key NXT people were not founders, but bought in early & cheap, and those guys made NXT great. Without attracting fresh blood Qora will get flattened by 3000 NEM warriors, hundreds of eXocoin miners and many more IPO stakeholders, then there's all the rest - mastercoin, Counterparty, etherium blah blah blah It's a doge eat doge world out there in crypto land, and Qora getting to a marketcap of 45 million is a long way off.

So what motivates the new guys to join this community? Developer bounties, no way, it's a cheap buy in price. I'm not a dev but I'll run a website and/or newsletter - who's gonna pay for that. Nobody should, I should do it to increase MY investment.

It;s nothing to do with 'fair' or scam accusations. It's about getting people to commit to Qora like wesley & jl777 and uniquorn ,opticalcharacter, anon136 etc etc etc etc etc.

When will the source code be released for peer review? You better have more than 137 by that date.
eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:11:24 AM

WTS, 10m for an acceptable price.
JUST PM ME.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:26:12 AM

selling aliases: qora, nxt, app and some more
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:04:46 AM

I get his argument.

For someone buying today @100, for a x10 return they need Qora  to get to a marketcap of 45 Million

137 founders isn't enough community, so if buyers don't 'panic buy' some sellers will eventually drop their price.

25 sats would give the IPO investor a x20 return, so without a panic buy, that's where we're heading, that's an impressive return

i think even 25 satoshis is too high for a new coin,its not even properly tested
dzarmush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:20:43 AM

i think even 25 satoshis is too high for a new coin,its not even properly tested

While you think, others buy. Just sold 11M coins at 70 satoshi.

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:30:39 AM

I get his argument.

I agree, 25 satoshi (greater than x20 return for the founders) is an excellent profit for the Qora founders, and it does leave some room for early adopters to make a return too.

I'm offering 35 satoshi which is a x35 return, and at that price I think despite some stiff competition from other 2nd gen coins, I can make a profit in 6-9 months.

Anything above ~45 satoshi is a risk. Qora will be cloned to within an inch of its life, just like NXT. A Qora clone with a node bot, or a NEM styled stakeholder campaign would be very appealing to many. I think NXT is finally safe from its clones, and that's due to the people involved. Without good people Qora wont make 45 Million. I don't know why a x10 return for early adopters is the number, but if the guy I buy from made x85 return, then I guess x10 seems a bit on the small size.

At 35 satoshi I would make x10 return when marketcap reached ~15 million, which feels about right, and he makes x35 return today. That is a reasonable deal all round IMO
Attack.of.the.Clones

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:35:22 AM

While you think, others buy. Just sold 11M coins at 70 satoshi.

I just bought @25 Smiley

Your buyer will obviously want to stay anonymous for fear of embarrassment (like my seller) lol

BUYERS MARKET!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: