Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:19:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bspend - The largest Bitcoin market! (millions of items, from under 1$ to 12M$)  (Read 1227 times)
bSpend (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 271

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:58:31 AM

Bspend is the only place that you will need to start spending your bitcoins. If you can imagine it, you will probably find it here. There is still a belief that bitcoins are difficult to use and owning them mostly a speculative investment. We want to change that.
We are hosting the largest Bitcoin product database, as far as we know. We unify offers from all major and many minor markets, making it easy for the end customer to find the best deal. On our site you are only clicks away from using your bitcoins to choose among millions of products, find services, plan and book your travel arrangements or find a local coffee shop or restaurant.

http://www.bspend.com/

To keep search results as relevant as possible, we do not display out-of-stock products, nor do we count product variations as separate products (i.e. colour). We also filter out products from markets that cannot be bought with bitcoins. If we get enough suggestions though, we could start displaying out-of-stock products as well.

Suggestions are welcome! Smiley

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
MrWDunne

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:59:12 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 12:18:50 PM by MrWDunne

Okay, so taken a quick look and it seems promising.

Firstly, will you be accepting escrow? I certainly wouldn't order from a new company unless they did.Not needed, they don't take your money.

Second, almost everything ships to the US only. That makes me sad.

Other than that looks good, although you only seem to be some sort of aggregation system that orders from other BTC accepting companies but still useful none-the-less.

And it says 2,000,000 items.

That is a lie. I just tried going through all of the pages on all and there is certainly not that many. Not even close.

bSpend (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:16:26 PM

Firstly, will you be accepting escrow? I certainly wouldn't order from a new company unless they did.

Other than that looks good, although you only seem to be some sort of aggregation system that orders from other BTC accepting companies but still useful none-the-less.

That is a lie. I just tried going through all of the pages on all and there is certainly not that many. Not even close.

Hi, first of all, thanks for the feedback Smiley

As you said, it is an aggregation site, so no escrow is needed since you are actually ordering from another market (ie Overstock etc..).
Actually most of the stuff ships Worldwide, you need to search a bit more Smiley (for example Overstock which is the largest market that we aggregate ships to most of the countries).
So we don't actually ship any of the items, but allow for the end user to quickly find the best deal, without having to go to each market separately and searching and comparing manually.
Our database is the largest that we know of since we have actually Overstock products, and many other large markets like dinodirect, tigerdirect etc.. we scrape items from more than 20 markets.
So maintaining this large database and allowing for efficient and fast search was quite a challenge.

Regarding the number of items, we cap results to 50 pages, but try searching for something different and you'll see that you'll get stuff that you didn't see before. Actually the search box is the main idea how to use the site, since the number of items is so large, it doesn't make much sense to just browse around casually Smiley so it's not a lie, maybe you can ask for information next time before calling something a lie Wink

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
MrWDunne

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:18:02 PM

Firstly, will you be accepting escrow? I certainly wouldn't order from a new company unless they did.

Hi, first of all, thanks for the feedback Smiley

As you said, it is an aggregation site, so no escrow is needed since you are actually ordering from another market (ie Overstock etc..).
Actually most of the stuff ships Worldwide, you need to search a bit more Smiley (for example Overstock which is the largest market that we aggregate ships to most of the countries).
So we don't actually ship any of the items, but allow for the end user to quickly find the best deal, without having to go to each market separately and searching and comparing manually.
Our database is the largest that we know off since we have actually Overstock products, and many other large markets like dinodirect, tigerdirect etc.. we scrape items from more than 20 markets.
So maintaining this large database and allowing for efficient and fast search was quite a challenge.

Regarding the number of items, we cap results to 50 pages, but try searching for something different and you'll see that you'll get stuff that you didn't see before. Actually the search box is the main idea how to use the site, since the number of items is so large, it doesn't make much sense to just browse around casually Smiley so it's not a lie, maybe you can ask for information next time before calling something a lie Wink

Ah okay makes sense so far. Delving a little deeper.

Okay taking a look, pretty good!

Where is the money for you?

bSpend (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:27:16 PM

Well, the primary reason was actually to try to do something that will change the current trend where people just sit on their BTC and wait for the price to go up. For BTC to spread people actually need to use it more, right?
As for how I cover my cost at the moment, I run at loss. And I expect to for a while. Actually since the database is so large, efficient hosting and crawling through so many markets to get new/updated items regularly is pretty expensive. It is a long term project and I have stashed some BTC prepared to run at months at a loss.. though it'd be good if that changes sooner than later obviously Cheesy
So far, we want to avoid ads and just increase the user base. There is a donation tab with the address, so ATM we are funded through donations only. If we see a large user base that is not keen on donations we might add some ads later, but will try to keep it minimal. If the site grows, we might be getting some commissions from the markets that we link to. Or featured items displayed at the top etc..

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
MrWDunne

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:28:44 PM

Well, the primary reason was actually to try to do something that will change the current trend where people just sit on their BTC and wait for the price to go up. For BTC to spread people actually need to use it more, right?
As for how I cover my cost at the moment, I run at loss. And I expect to for a while. Actually since the database is so large, efficient hosting and crawling through so many markets to get new/updated items regularly is pretty expensive. It is a long term project and I have stashed some BTC prepared to run at months at a loss.. though it'd be good if that changes sooner than later obviously Cheesy
So far, we want to avoid ads and just increase the user base. There is a donation tab with the address, so ATM we are funded through donations only. If we see a large user base that is not keen on donations we might add some ads later, but will try to keep it minimal. If the site grows, we might be getting some commissions from the markets that we link to. Or featured items displayed at the top etc..

Okay, going to throw some suggestions in.

Referral links, some shops will have them. Make use of them!

One small banner advertisement slot. It won't annoy anyone if its not in the way of anything.

bSpend (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:18:56 PM

Yes, good suggestions, tnx. I'll add these to the possible improvements list, and some of it will be implemented soon in the v2.0 Smiley

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 09:35:57 PM

Do you/can you aggregate craigslist ads with "bitcoin" in them?

Also, sites like bitcoinclassifieds.net ?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bSpend (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:04:34 PM

Do you/can you aggregate craigslist ads with "bitcoin" in them?

Also, sites like bitcoinclassifieds.net ?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest. At the moment we don't aggregate these, but it can be done. If you'd like I can send you a full list of the covered markets.. largest are overstock, dinodirect, tigerdirect and then some others..there's about 20 of them.
The thing is, it's both development and hosting that are costly. For example for each of the markets we need a dedicated spider that periodically crawls the items. Some sites use anticrawling tech so we need to crawl from multiple IPs. And then database hosting is expensive too since the database is so large and the search needs to be fast.
If we get some marketing help or donations, that will help us to implement more stuff..add new data and features Smiley

Other than that, did you find the site useful?

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
bSpend (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:33:29 AM

We have launched affiliate program! Just ask for your affiliate_ID and you can start making up to 10% in commissions from sales!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639640.0

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
bSpend (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:31:13 PM