Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:36:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods Delete this please.  (Read 433 times)
otrkid70 (OP)

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:25:28 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 01:03:27 PM by otrkid70

Please delete this thread.
Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 03:42:59 AM

I'm assuming you have no idea that literally hundreds - possibly thousands - of posts get moderated every day. The signal to noise ratio here would be zero without that. What you're objecting to are the rules, not the moderation.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:05:41 AM

most of the spammers here are doing it for the sig ad payments. most the programs pay higher according to activity. this provides an incentive for spammers not to get banned, because if they do, they have start with a new account and make less money. as for scammers, there's no point banning them, because the account is worthless anyways after it's been tagged as scammer.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 05:11:05 AM

Step 1 for the new forum should be BAN Totally BAN all known Scammers! Ip Ban

No, IPs change, youd have half the internet banned but still spammers.

Step 2 Either eliminate the signature or accept it No in BETWEEN because it's then left up to a Mod as to "Perceive" what is spam or not....if a MOD labels it spam and it causes a ban then the user bitches to the ADMIN who Doesn't answer.  If the mod overlooks it as spam people bitch about spam. this is a NO WIN situation remove the sig or keep it.

The sigs are accepted currently. But 50 "+1" posts are still spam, no matter the signature. I dont see your point here.

Step 3 The Admin should answer Questions or if he is too busy he should hire someone who can....simple as that

Mods are basically hired people who enforce the rules of the admin(s). I dont see your point here either. What better is an answer from theymos than it is from the people he trusts?

Step 4 Mods need to give reason to a ban when they ban or mute this would eliminate many many uneeded threads asking for answers.
just a few simple things could make it easier on the site and those who have to look after it.

They do, people just try to wiggle out of a ban.

P.S. my keyboard sucks and it types or omits letters as it sees fit.

You need a new keyboard.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 05:20:09 AM

Step 1 for the new forum should be BAN Totally BAN all known Scammers! Ip Ban

IP bans are pretty worthless, for the most part they only hassle legitimate users. Scammers, spammers, people who abuse multiple accounts, etc, those folks all know how to get around IP bans easily. Innocent people are more likely to be hit by it than the intended recipient.  

Step 2 Either eliminate the signature or accept it No in BETWEEN because it's then left up to a Mod as to "Perceive" what is spam or not....if a MOD labels it spam and it causes a ban then the user bitches to the ADMIN who Doesn't answer.  If the mod overlooks it as spam people bitch about spam. this is a NO WIN situation remove the sig or keep it.

I don't see how it's a no win situation. People getting banned then bitching isn't really something I'd call a problem. It's the same on any forum, except on other forums the thread in question just gets deleted and the one's questioning mods get banned. Might look better to those who don't know I guess.

Step 3 The Admin should answer Questions or if he is too busy he should hire someone who can....simple as that

I'm sure theymos would love nothing more than for someone else to take over as admin, but it isn't quite that simple. Admins get access to a lot of sensitive information, and there's also potential for abuse. Finding someone trustworthy who also actually wants to do it isn't that simple. Theymos used to do more mod type stuff, now he's purely an admin and we've stepped up. There's very few questions that only he can answer.

Step 4 Mods need to give reason to a ban when they ban or mute this would eliminate many many uneeded threads asking for answers.

Most do have a reason, they just don't like or agree with it and want to argue, or they are playing dumb hoping people won't figure it out. People also love to feel persecuted, makes them feel important. Some bans (permanent bans by global mods) have no way to add a reason to it, that will be fixed with the new forum software hopefully.

most of the spammers here are doing it for the sig ad payments. most the programs pay higher according to activity. this provides an incentive for spammers not to get banned, because if they do, they have start with a new account and make less money. as for scammers, there's no point banning them, because the account is worthless anyways after it's been tagged as scammer.
think of what you're saying though.  I can accept a sig campaign and essentially spam my way to the minimum posts guaranteeing my payday without worries of getting banned. If i get banned i easily once again create multiple accounts leaving them active to attain the desired ACTIVITY to once again participate in sig campaigns.

They can try I guess. You need 60 activity to make member, at 14 activity points per 2 week period, you are looking at 2 and 1/2 months to get the lowest ranking account they will take. And the risk is pretty high, we are watching, new people are still being banned daily for it, several have been banned again for a month+, etc. Good luck I guess.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: