Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:06:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On the Solidcoin Economic Changes  (Read 7786 times)
Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 06:41:00 AM

How did SolidCoin ever gain traction when a single entity has proven capable of changing the fundamental rules of the currency such that a block reward has been reduced from 32 coins to 0.07 coins ( 1 / 457 th of the original ) within 6 months of its release?

Why did people ever agree to work in the World Trade Towers when a single entity proved capable of destroying them in a matter of minutes?

Because, until we are capable of digitizing our consciousness and uploading ourselves into the cloud, decentralizing a human being is not possible, otherwise, I'm sure they would have. Unless of course, they were completely retarded.

Why are these discussions turning so bat shit crazy? I need to get some sleep...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
veebee

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 02:09:00 AM

More SolidCoin monetary policy... nice! Horray for early adopters! Wasn't SolidCoin supposed to NOT award early adopters?
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My account was hacked , i have recovered it but the person promoted straight disgusting trash lust ico.. i do not and would never support that
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 02:16:15 AM

Why are these discussions turning so bat shit crazy? I need to get some sleep...

Usually because they attract cunicula.  When you wake up check his post history, it will make you want to go back to bed.

Many of my posts make light of the fact that the average forum user is not very intelligent. Naturally, the idiots don't like me too much.
t3a (OP)

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 03:55:16 AM

Hey im back after four days.

Wft happened to this thread?

Advertise here for 10btc/day
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 07:28:05 AM

Usually because they attract cunicula.  When you wake up check his post history, it will make you want to go back to bed.

Many of my posts make light of the fact that the average forum user is not very intelligent. Naturally, the idiots don't like me too much.

and i can safely assume you're the average forum user too?

i guess the idiots don't like another idiot.

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 08:07:34 PM

Coinhunter shit all over everyone's criticism while the price of SC2 plummeted

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 08:50:31 PM

so i saw on their forums, solidcoin v3 is on the works.

lmao.

who win the bet?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 09:19:43 PM

No surprise there. He's eliminating miners by what he calls "thin clients". All transaction processing is being moved to the control nodes. With more fees, of course.

Buy & Hold
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 11:30:35 PM

the idea of cross-mining pool is interesting though...but, at 50% the pay of btc PPS, and you have no clue where's the rest going to..

lemme guess, his pocket?

Actually the cross-mining pool was my idea, and I run it. I have a partner who has helped by supplying the servers, and making a frontend for it. RealSolid is not directly involced in the pool at all, here merely is advertizing it. We pay 50% of the current market rate to the miner in a pps method, and once a block is found, we cash it out for SC, subtract from it the pps balances we have already committed to, and pay the remainder out in a proportional method based on the shares submitted during the 24 hours prior to the block find.

We actually don't charge any fees currently, and are hoping to not charge any in the future.
t3a (OP)

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 02:41:08 AM

Coinhunter shit all over everyone's criticism while the price of SC2 plummeted
wait, does that mean I can take partial credit for the downfall of a scam-currency?

Advertise here for 10btc/day
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:06:05 AM

the idea of cross-mining pool is interesting though...but, at 50% the pay of btc PPS, and you have no clue where's the rest going to..

lemme guess, his pocket?

Actually the cross-mining pool was my idea, and I run it. I have a partner who has helped by supplying the servers, and making a frontend for it. RealSolid is not directly involced in the pool at all, here merely is advertizing it. We pay 50% of the current market rate to the miner in a pps method, and once a block is found, we cash it out for SC, subtract from it the pps balances we have already committed to, and pay the remainder out in a proportional method based on the shares submitted during the 24 hours prior to the block find.

We actually don't charge any fees currently, and are hoping to not charge any in the future.
50% is paid to the miners in PPS..the other 50% gets paid in a prop method one way or another?

it's like PPS and prop in the same pool?
wut.

that doesn't make any sense.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 05:26:44 PM

it's fucking trapezoid indeed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: