Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:48:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Support Registrars who accept Bitcoin  (Read 538 times)
inBitweTrust (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:56:18 PM

During the slow process of migrating hundreds of domains from domainsite/name.com I received this email:

It looks like you've recently transferred your domain names away from Domainsite.com and i'm wondering if there's anything I can do to change your mind? If you can share some insight with me as to why you have chosen to leave Domainsite.com I'm confident we'll be able to work out a solution. I can be reached via phone at +1 (720) 545-0414 or by email at xxx.

We're always looking to improve our services so if you have any feedback we would love to hear it.

I responded that one of the main reasons I am moving over domains and steering clients to namecheap is because they still don't accept Bitcoin and I would only reverse my position if they started accepting Bitcoin.

Namecheap may only receive a small fraction of payments via Bitcoin(How I pay them ) but they are getting many paypal and credit card purchases because hosts and developers are directing clients to use them because they accept bitcoin as well. The tech community tends to be more favorable to Bitcoin and we often make purchasing decisions for others whether they use Bitcoin or not.

Other registrars should take notice and jump on the train.

beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:06:49 PM

Thanks! I'm a user of Namecheap also.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 05:13:07 PM

namesilo.com is another, but you currently trade free lifetime WHOIS privacy and email forwarding for limited DNS management.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:02:58 PM

I like to use Namecheap and I am glad that they are one of the ones accepting Bitcoin. I don't mind using Bitcoin if only small amounts, but I like to preserve my stash. I would like them to accept altcoins like Mintcoin which is much better because I get 20% interest on it.
inBitweTrust (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:03:24 PM

I don't mind using Bitcoin if only small amounts, but I like to preserve my stash.

I never understood this. Why can't you buy more bitcoins the moment you spend them?

I would like them to accept altcoins like Mintcoin which is much better because I get 20% interest on it.

I'm not opposed to alts and own some, but this is an example of a reasons many Bitcoin users get pissed off at alts. This thread has nothing to do with Alts, and you are posting this outside the alt section of a forum that is called "bitcointalk".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: