Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:56:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][X11] X11/Darkcoin Gpu Miner - updated to use leaked binaries - even faster  (Read 102425 times)
Pinecone

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:16:18 PM

As I mentioned this before, it is possible it doesn't work without modifying sgminer to work with it. Strange though, a user claimed it compiled the kernel for him.

This opencl code has 11 kernels instead of just one as in regular sgminer. The speed improvement comes from better use of SIMD by executing shorter kernels instead of a single long one. There's some memory overhead because of it, but it's largelly compensated by the speed improvement.

How can i make this work with conf file and not bat file ?
And btw if you dont fix the missing temps of the cards, this would be a no go ... too risky

Download the mingw version.

All temps / fans working my my end.

mingw ? what does that mean ? Is this still for windows ?

Go back to the 1st post on this thread and click the download link for dropbox. 

The author updated the files with newer versions.

Download the mingw version of the miner and you will have an sgminer which shows temps and fan speeds accurately now.

I am running it on Windows 8.1 with CGWatcher and it works well.

girino (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:19:18 PM

As I mentioned this before, it is possible it doesn't work without modifying sgminer to work with it. Strange though, a user claimed it compiled the kernel for him.

This opencl code has 11 kernels instead of just one as in regular sgminer. The speed improvement comes from better use of SIMD by executing shorter kernels instead of a single long one. There's some memory overhead because of it, but it's largelly compensated by the speed improvement.

And btw if you dont fix the missing temps of the cards, this would be a no go ... too risky

temps work on the new build, read first post.

girino (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:21:32 PM

mingw is a windows compiler. The AMD library for temps and fans (ADL) is not compatible with the compiler i used previously (cygwin). Both versions are for windows.

streetlight

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:30:56 PM

Download the mingw version.

All temps / fans working my my end.

Go back to the 1st post on this thread and click the download link for dropbox. 

The author updated the files with newer versions.

Download the mingw version of the miner and you will have an sgminer which shows temps and fan speeds accurately now.

I am running it on Windows 8.1 with CGWatcher and it works well.

Cant seem to get CGWatcher working with it, won't pick up the new profile.
NRD

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:42:50 PM

mingw is a windows compiler. The AMD library for temps and fans (ADL) is not compatible with the compiler i used previously (cygwin). Both versions are for windows.

Have you finished cleaning up your source code to release it yet as you stated you would earlier?
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 11:00:58 PM

Where is the source code repo for this?

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:20:55 PM

Have you finished cleaning up your source code to release it yet as you stated you would earlier?
For fuck's sake, people — read the thread.
Through reverse engineering I have extracted the modified kernel source code. http://pastebin.com/XxLpewZH

Tips are appreciated.

good job, but as i already promised the developer of sgminer, the code will be released early next week, so you just got yourself a few days with the kernel.
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 11:46:24 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 02:25:21 AM by kov

Through reverse engineering I have extracted the modified kernel source code. http://pastebin.com/XxLpewZH

Tips are appreciated.

good job, but as i already promised the developer of sgminer, the code will be released early next week, so you just got yourself a few days with the kernel.

You can't blame people for wanting the source, and expressing their opinion.

Also, the GPL license issue was never addressed.

I'm interested in the optimization, and I'd be happy to contribute for the development, but not until we can get some more transparency from girino.

*edit: corrected license

wacko
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:50:49 PM

Also, the GNU license issue was never addressed.
The author answered these questions on the previous page, what else is there to address? Huh
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:53:45 PM

The author answered these questions on the previous page, what else is there to address? Huh
The GPL license terms do not allow "preparing the code", they require the exact code used to compile the binary be available at the same time as the binary*.

Note that while copyright holders are not required to wait 30 days to see if the infringer cures his non-compliance before issuing DMCA/takedowns, I personally feel some patience is appropriate.

* It permits reasonable shipping and handling delays, but this is n/a online.

atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:19:30 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 12:53:01 AM by atp1916

Cant seem to get CGWatcher working with it, won't pick up the new profile.

Make sure you have enabled --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1

That capital W is a must.

I've got latest version of cgwatcher working fine to see miners.
drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:46:13 AM

The GPL license terms do not allow "preparing the code", they require the exact code used to compile the binary be available at the same time as the binary*.

Note that while copyright holders are not required to wait 30 days to see if the infringer cures his non-compliance before issuing DMCA/takedowns, I personally feel some patience is appropriate.

* It permits reasonable shipping and handling delays, but this is n/a online.
Anyone know yet if the "preparing the code" also included any secret malware?  Did whoever reverse engineered it see if there was any bad sources in the code??
RentaMouse

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:22:34 AM

Been experimenting with settings on my R9-270x, getting around 1950KHs with the following config. Reject rate has been about 4%, but the 2% fee pool 0 doesnt seem to accept any shares just "requested work restart" so I don't know if that has an effect.

I get better results using -g 3 and a lower thread concurrency, but I suspect it depends on system RAM so some ppl may find -g 1 and -tc 21568 is better for them:

-I 19 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -g 2 --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1500 --auto-fan --gpu-powertune -20
--temp-target 65 --temp-overheat 70 --temp-cutoff 80

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
jakecrow

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:33:43 AM

Hm this is definitely interesting. It does give a boost for sure. The 280x in my main PC is running at 3.3k now, and all my others are at 3.0-3.1. I'm not sure why the one card runs at 3.3, maybe because it has newer AMD drivers and the other dedicated miners use the older standard mining drivers? Don't really have the time to test it right now but maybe someone out there does.

Also agreeing on the Pool Guard from CGWatcher stopping the mandatory donation. No offense dude but fuck that, you ASK for donations you don't demand them and you certainly don't get to tell me where to point my miners. I can appreciate that you want to make some money off this, and you deserve to, but honestly you are violating licensing and trying to force people to give you donations...not cool :/.

Besides all that, failover has been forcibly removed from the miner and that's a giant pain in the ass. Release a version that you didn't rape with mandatory donation shit, it'll be done once you release the source code anyway.

Still, thank you for your work. I can't say I at all approve of your donation methods but it's good to see some X11 performance improvements.
tarzanbigcity

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:14:37 AM

I am definitely thankful for the increased hashrate and improved efficiency. But baking code into the program to grab the 2% doesn't settle well for me and most people. If you would consider removing this and posting publicly the 2% free version, I would be glad to donate.
dzonikg28

Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:28:59 AM

MUch higher hash rate but very low ascepted ..try with few pool same sht..higher hash rate but lower payouts then "old" miner ..i guess dev pool is primary and you cant change that  ..so until open source i leave it for now

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:31:15 AM

I can't believe more people aren't raising a ruckus about the fact that this dude is transparently and has even admitted to breaching the terms of the GPL! What the hell happened to this scene that this is seen as acceptable behaviour!? Shame on you all. Greed over anything else.
tarzanbigcity

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:55:50 AM

Just give it time. This thread is not that old. Any one out there want to take a stab at compiling the new source for windows? Wink
NRD

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:10:39 AM

Tips are appreciated.

I had just read through 10 1/2 pages and skimmed through the last 1 1/2 and missed his response, but thanks for pointing it out. That's so considerate of you. I was merely attempting to put a little pressure on this guy to release his code so everyone can know it's safe to use. What he stated in your quote is inconsequential. People are using this code now, people who may or may not know about the dangers of running un-vetted code. As such, they deserve the source code released to the public as is. What needs cleaning up that would take so long? I'm no programmer, but would it really take that long to essentially "proof read" it, or is he/she is just taking their time to allow for a longer period with people mining on the fee pool? I'm sorry if I seem apprehensive, but this just seems a bit fishy to me. Release the source and people will donate if they deem your work worth while, otherwise we have no way of knowing what's in this.
breel

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:28:43 AM

Tips are appreciated.
I should also mention that changes to sgminer might be needed to accomodate this new kernel. I don't have any plans to do it.

no need to worry about reverse engi it atm, but your work is appreciated. just use pool gaurd.
to the person who made this updated kernal, thanks but we pay enough in fees with pools and transfers.
I have already reversed it Smiley, I posted the kernel with the supposed speed improvements. http://pastebin.com/XxLpewZH

But it might not work without making sgminer compatible !
Replaced darkcoin.cl with yours posted, no speed increase in sph-sgminer.
You have to delete the .bin files and try again.

Didn't work for me either Sad

I replaced the contents of darkcoin.cl with what was linked. I deleted all .bin files besides the one I use to launch sgminer. Using sgminer 4.1.0-96-g983e.

Miner wouldn't even start for me so I'm probably doing something wrong...

Your paste bin has a typo (missing the first '/') but even with that, it still crashes the GPU... so not sure what else is missing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: