Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:17:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto-switching pool service in MagicPool.org: get the best profitability always  (Read 5665 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:11:55 PM

Yes, that is correct.

We pay the pool's fee whatever it is during the mining process. But the profitability is calculated without taking into account these coins.

The infrastructure have some costs and also the time and all resources we are devoting to this project. So we need to apply some fee. I hope it is ok for you.

Did you mean that profitability DOES take into consideration destination pool fees? ie. if one has fees of 2% and one is 5% but they are both mining the same coins, would this pick the 2% one since it's more profitable?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:16:16 PM

may be it`s time for x11/x13 implementing?
ScottWilson

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:32:28 AM

The numbers aren't adding up. My 7MH with 0.01 percent rejects rate should have made more than it did. Your payout rate for me yesterday was 250 instead of the 277 you claim you paid. That, and for some inexplicable reason not showing in my logs you recorded my hashrate at 2.5MH for about four hours when I know it never dropped below 7MH. You guys feel shady. Sorry. If the numbers added up like say, they always add up on clevermining (who is more profitable than you are anyway) then there'd be nothing to complain about. It's math. I suggest everyone do the math and see if it adds up. I'm going back to clevermining.
p4u (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

crypto lover

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:19:21 PM

The numbers aren't adding up. My 7MH with 0.01 percent rejects rate should have made more than it did. Your payout rate for me yesterday was 250 instead of the 277 you claim you paid. That, and for some inexplicable reason not showing in my logs you recorded my hashrate at 2.5MH for about four hours when I know it never dropped below 7MH. You guys feel shady. Sorry. If the numbers added up like say, they always add up on clevermining (who is more profitable than you are anyway) then there'd be nothing to complain about. It's math. I suggest everyone do the math and see if it adds up. I'm going back to clevermining.

Can you please provide your worker BTC address (send me a private message if you like)? I will check it and see if there has been some issue.

Please, take into account that we are still in beta, so there might be some issues in the current implementation. But our objectives are to make something stable, transparent and fair for everyone.
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:32:31 PM

For round 25 (last one closed and paid), these are the numbers:

total amount: 0.9889720200000001
total shares: 470885390
pay per share: 0.0000000021002393384938105
profitability: 0.0027688702216471135
time: 24h = (3600*24)s

Here the formula we are using to calculate the profitability BTC/kH/24h:
(1000000)*total_amount/((total shares)*65536)/(time)

You can check how many accepted shares your workers send (from your stats page) and make the calculations.

Let me know if there is something wrong please.
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:39:04 PM

Yes, that is correct.

We pay the pool's fee whatever it is during the mining process. But the profitability is calculated without taking into account these coins.

The infrastructure have some costs and also the time and all resources we are devoting to this project. So we need to apply some fee. I hope it is ok for you.

Did you mean that profitability DOES take into consideration destination pool fees? ie. if one has fees of 2% and one is 5% but they are both mining the same coins, would this pick the 2% one since it's more profitable?

No. I mean that our profitability is calculated from the total amount (BTC) we got during the round time (and some extra hours to let the pools make the corresponding payments). So the profitability shown in our stats page is calculated from the actual btc amount we got and we pay to the users.
wdl1908

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:58:54 PM

the stat page displays and sql command and nothing more.
wdl1908

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:05:54 PM

Ok page is back but there seems to be a problem when switching rounds. The Error displayed

No results!\nWhole query: SELECT ....
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:33:18 PM

Thanks for reporting  Smiley
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:31:20 PM

Report on my first 24 hours on MagicPool:

My dual GridSeed Blade rig, overclocked to 838 MHZ, kept stable hashing on the same pool during 24 hours without falling to one of the failover pools not even a single time.

Having a theoretical hashing power above 11 MHz, my rig never managed to sustain that speed but I guess that is not really surprising and by looking at the logs I would estimate an average hashing speed of 10 MHz, with some serious fluctuations during the 24 hour period.

However, after 24 hours, I earned 0.02412139 BTC

Any comments?

Is anyone doing any better by mining exclusively in any of the other pools?

I just started my second round to see what happens.

p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:47:14 PM

Hello.
The last round profitability is 0.0024, so with 10MH/s the amount you get is exactly what you earned working in our pool: 0.0241 BTC
That confirms that maths are correct Smiley Thank you.

About pools profitability you can see a daily comparison here http://poolpicker.eu (when working Smiley)

Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:52:44 PM

I can do the math myself  Grin

But I can also see your profitability dropping every round

I wonder if you can keep up with the others Huh

p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:58:32 PM

Current profitabilities analyzed:

nicehash -> 0.0024118
coinsolver -> 0.0023511417219778
coinshift -> 0.00212
easypool -> 4.000000000000001e-05
clevermining -> 0.00237
wafflepool -> 0.0020
hashcows -> 0.0023

As you can see the whole AltCoin mining profitability is dropping, this is probably due the new scrypt ASIC miners.

You might try to mine pools using x11 or scrypt-n, you might have some better prof. Actually we will add soon a x11 port too, many users ask for it and it consumes less energy in your GPUs.
Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:30:20 AM

What about this?

My rig is exactly as it was yesterday, no changes whatsoever, but my pool hashrate dropped to 50%

This has to be a poolside effect, my miners are fully functional but MagicPool won't accept half of my shares...

I tested my miners both in Clevermining and in Waffle and they perform at 11 MHz as they should because those pools accept pretty much everything my miners produce.

Went back to Magic and the same thing happened; pool hash rate slightly above 5 MHz....

This is unbelievable and totally unacceptable!

Besides, all other pools have instant payments. In Magic my payment is still pending after 12 hours.

I love this concept but I will stay away from Magic unless there is a clear system improvement

Good luck

p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:42:26 AM

What about this?

My rig is exactly as it was yesterday, no changes whatsoever, but my pool hashrate dropped to 50%

This has to be a poolside effect, my miners are fully functional but MagicPool won't accept half of my shares...

I tested my miners both in Clevermining and in Waffle and they perform at 11 MHz as they should because those pools accept pretty much everything my miners produce.

Please, provide your BTC address and then I will look at the logs and see if there is some problem. From your screenshot I see the rejected ratio for your workers is zero, so magicpool is not rejecting your shares. Take into account that the MH/s is just an estimation and there might be some bug on it, however the important data is the number of accepted shares. If you compare your performance with other pools, please compare the shares and not the 10-15 minutes hash rate.

Besides, all other pools have instant payments. In Magic my payment is still pending after 12 hours.

Before executing the payment we need to wait until all pools have paid to us. There are some of them which are very very slow paying thus we can do nothing against that. In any case, you will get your coins, maybe after 12h or 16h, but you will get them.

I love this concept but I will stay away from Magic unless there is a clear system improvement

We are in beta state, the system is quite new, nothing else like that have been implemented yet. So please, help us to improve, your feedback is very appreciated.

Good luck

Good luck to you too Smiley
Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:59:51 AM

Please, provide your BTC address and then I will look at the logs and see if there is some problem. From your screenshot I see the rejected ratio for your workers is zero, so magicpool is not rejecting your shares. Take into account that the MH/s is just an estimation and there might be some bug on it, however the important data is the number of accepted shares. If you compare your performance with other pools, please compare the shares and not the 10-15 minutes hash rate.

I am not talking about 10-15 minute behaviour. Magicpool started reporting a very low hashrate many hours ago and remained that way

Before executing the payment we need to wait until all pools have paid to us. There are some of them which are very very slow paying thus we can do nothing against that. In any case, you will get your coins, maybe after 12h or 16h, but you will get them.

Ok, I am still waiting... Tongue

We are in beta state, the system is quite new, nothing else like that have been implemented yet. So please, help us to improve, your feedback is very appreciated.

Check your system, improve it and let us know when you are done with the beta stage. I will try again to mine with you if two conditions are met:

- Your profitability is at least par with the rest of the pools
- Your system is as stable as theirs

Keep up the good work. This is a nice concept but needs better implementation

wdl1908

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:38:11 PM

It would be nice to have a 2 hour average hashrate line in the "Your Hashrate Stats"
wdl1908

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:53:23 PM

Thanks for reporting  Smiley

Again the same problem when switching rounds.

No results!\nWhole query: SELECT......
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:20:41 PM

It would be nice to have a 2 hour average hashrate line in the "Your Hashrate Stats"

Yes. Improve the charts and give better statistics is one of our first priorities.
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:24:37 PM

Looks interesting, will test

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: