Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:08:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many businesses have YOU contacted about accepting NewYorkCoin?
0  I'm a message board surfer and just like posting rediculous messages here but I'm not able to help NewYorkCoin - 32 (44.4%)
1  I tried once and they said NO. And now I'm too scared to call anyone else - 2 (2.8%)
2  I really tried hard. I'm exhausted - 6 (8.3%)
3+  I will continue to support NewYorkCoin and will CONTINUE TO MAKE SURE NYC GETS WIDESPREAD MERCHANT ACCEPTANCE (both real-world and online) - 32 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 72

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NYC] New York Coin FORUM  (Read 112485 times)
babysittinpot420

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:52:24 PM

Nick,

Have you ever heard of the Bitcoin Pizza story? We're in the very early stages of NewYorkCoin. NewYorkCoin is ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD! Value will rise substantially from current levels when we achieve New York City business acceptance. And usage of NewYorkCoin. It's the future value of NYC - it's a lottery ticket!

Everyone is waiting for The Foundation to do the work. I AM THE FOUNDATION. I have created a great website. Updated wallets. Cleaned up source. Created a working block explorer. Gotten press coverage. Do YOUR part!

Get merchant acceptance. Or get lost.

Have you reached out to, or found anyone, in New York that would be willing to spend a few days going from mom and pop to mom and pop shop and pitch nyc coin?  i live in az.  i have posted some things on Nyc craigslist and am trying to put the word out to local blogs.  any suggestions on what a guy like me who lives cross country can do to help raise awareness?  im a believer in this coin and am willing to spend my time and effort any way i can
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
angel_investor (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:02:43 AM

Call every business in NYC that already accepts bitcoin or litecoin (already understands cryptocurrency and supports decentralized digital currency) and speak to the owner/decision maker about accepting NewYorkCoin as well. In return for accepting NewYorkCoin they will receive 10,000,000 NYC - as a lottery ticket in essence. They will support NewYorkCoin. Enable their customers to support NewYorkCoin. And receive 10,000,000 NYC which if valued at just 1 penny will be worth $100,000! They simply need to post a NewYorkCoin sticker in their window, take photo of business owner standing next to photo in window and allow us to issue a press release about their business accepting NewYorkCoin. That's it!

They can limit amount they accept in NewYorkCoin to $5, $10, $20, $50 - whatever they feel comfortable with. At least until exchange rate improves and/or liquidity improves. Just a few real-world brick and mortar businesses in New York City accepting NewYorkCoin would create a BIG BUZZ and kick start demand/buying/speculation frenzy and likely send NYC/BTC into the stratasphere!

GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE WANTS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR GETTING NEW YORK COIN MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND NOT JUST WAITING FOR "THE FOUNDATION" (which again is little old me!) TO MAKE EVERYTHING HAPPEN. Maybe more miners/supporters will take your lead!
angel_investor (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:15:45 AM

niothor
If you like what you said,BTC(NYC) is not unique,why many people accept BTC, BTC sell $600 - $1200 or many,People can create another BTC, Why?

Because you can't replace or create bitstamp btc-e bitpay or coinbase out of the blue.
You can't get 50 000 daily transactions on a new coin.

Bitcoin has the popularity and no other coin can't currently compete with it.

Nyc has none of the above , that's why a clone can easily match it.

I would never expect to replace bitcoin, unless of course something happens that causes people to lose faith in that network.  This risk will preserve the need to have altcoins.  Altcoins and parallel blockchains will always exist to hedge against exposure to risk in bitcoin.  Then the only question is how usable are the next best bitcoin alternatives.  Not everyone cares about anonymity.  And bitcoin is expensive.  There is the simple psychological factor that people will want to conduct daily transactions in small integers, like four coins for a burger, not .0099000.

But bitcoin will catch on fast in NYC.  Demand for some altcoins will be strong.

My point is was why a bitcoin clone will fail but a nyc clone would have the same chances of success.
Because right now nyc has 0 strong points.

Also altcoins are not a hedge against bitcoin price.
Because bc/doge/primecoin/darkcoin prices are measured in btc they all go down with the ship , and even faster sometimes.

About the high value of btc...
Wait till you will buy a coffee with 10 satoshi... that would be easy , right?

You will never be able to buy a cup of coffee with BTC. The transaction takes 40+ minutes to confirm. BTC will be used for money transfer, online payments, etc. NYC has a huge advantage over BTC because transaction confirmations take only 2 minutes. That is a huge advantage that BTC will never be able to overcome. BTC is 5+ years old and has tons more services, infrastructure, acceptance, support, etc. NYC is only 3 months old and has a built-in security and technical advantage. MUCH FASTER TRANSACTION CONFIRMATIONS.
angel_investor (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:24:51 AM

I did not heard about the Pizza story. My question is, how can anyone start accepting this coin? Lets say that a that I will start to sell goods for NYC. What can be expected? Lets just say I will be first who starts with that. Any predictions about future?

You download a NYC wallet. Based on current exchange rate (which is 3 litoshi as of today) you calculate number of NewYorkCoin needed to purchase your product. And the customer sends you that amount of NYC. You can then hold the NYC anticipating future value increase. Or sell it on an exchange.
ErikW79

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:17:23 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 06:30:58 AM by ErikW79

Right that is what I wanted to ask. What will happen if lets say 5 business will start to accept NYC, will the price go up? Because on bleutrade is price 0. Can I change NYC on other places?

Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:11:13 AM

Nick,

Have you ever heard of the Bitcoin Pizza story? We're in the very early stages of NewYorkCoin. NewYorkCoin is ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD! Value will rise substantially from current levels when we achieve New York City business acceptance. And usage of NewYorkCoin. It's the future value of NYC - it's a lottery ticket!

Everyone is waiting for The Foundation to do the work. I AM THE FOUNDATION. I have created a great website. Updated wallets. Cleaned up source. Created a working block explorer. Gotten press coverage. Do YOUR part!

Get merchant acceptance. Or get lost.

Agreed.

As i have said before, the community needs to be active for this coin to succeed.

The way to do this is TWITTER!!

@NewYorkCoinNYC @BtcRat This coin should be on @BittrexExchange

Just copy and paste, Its very simple really PR PR PR!

Again my simple suggestions:

Cap the amount of coins, 100Billion is a ridiculous amount of coins. Adjust the coin limit to end in about a month and change to POS.
Get the MAC/Android wallets out.
Update the QT or make a GUI Wallet.
Approach Bittrex (big day-trading exchange)
Hire someone to do your PR if you can’t do it yourselves, Promotions and giveaways ALLWAYS sell coins.
Get yourselves ready for the Airdrop on the 4 July, You’ve been hammering it on Twitter and you will look like fools if you don’t do it.

Innovation is key to success here and you are way behind the curve but that doesn’t mean you can’t still adapt and compete.

IPCoinz

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:53:33 PM

No offense, and Im glad youre thinking about how to improve this coin, but what you have proposed is not innovation, its jumping on the bandwagon.  Every other coin has forked to PoS and I see no real marginal value in that. 

We all bought NYC knowing it had a huge coin volume.  I expected that to lead to higher liquidity and broader adoption.  But the problem is, we have no marketplace, no pipes, no merchant adoption, drawing on that liquidity.  So the coin has stagnated.  But the power of the name keeps the network alive very successfully.

At the very least, NYC occupies a piece of valuable real estate.  If we abandon the network, someone else will scoop up the coins at bargain bin prices (present prices) and then bide their time until a major new crypto tool emerges that adds real marginal value to whatever coin adopts it.  Then there will be a relaunch.  Then shoot me...

The dev is right that merchant adoption and community enthusiasm are our rate limiting variables now.  Changing the coin specs will just split up the network and decrease the number of full nodes on the other side of the fork, because not everyone will participate in the changeover.

What is this coin's strongest attribute?  The name.  Period.  All that name needs to grow huge is a reliable reputation and coin velocity, that is, a strong pulse in its merchant-related activity.

Our day will come.  We will rebuild stronger when the right opportunity arrives.  PoS isnt that.  PoS/poW switching will only spark volatility and encourage PnD cycles.

People need a way to use NYC.  Anything is valuable at this point.  Find any merchant anywhere to at least show support for the concept of NewYorkcoin and the pulse of the network will gain a little more velocity.  The network effect would take care of scaling up to see real growth.  Everyone should be focusing on how to encourage people to acquire and use NYC.  PoS just takes care of the acquiring.  We need use.  NYC needs to flow in order to have life and grow.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:07:08 PM

You will never be able to buy a cup of coffee with BTC. The transaction takes 40+ minutes to confirm. BTC will be used for money transfer, online payments, etc. NYC has a huge advantage over BTC because transaction confirmations take only 2 minutes. That is a huge advantage that BTC will never be able to overcome. BTC is 5+ years old and has tons more services, infrastructure, acceptance, support, etc. NYC is only 3 months old and has a built-in security and technical advantage. MUCH FASTER TRANSACTION CONFIRMATIONS.

http://www.coindesk.com/old-shoreditch-station-coffee-bar-in-londons-silicon-roundabout-now-accepts-bitcoin/

http://blog.bitpay.com/2014/06/12/bitcoin-conference-brings-business-to-amsterdam-cafe.html

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/bitcoin-breakthrough-edmonton-cafe-now-accepting-the-cyber-currency-1.1391892

I'm waiting for the first coffee shop in ny accepting nyc coins.

Too bad you have to spend 1/10 of the market cap to buy one.

ps

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-york-coffee-shop-and-bakery-starts-accepting-bitcoin

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
babysittinpot420

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:23:12 PM

Call every business in NYC that already accepts bitcoin or litecoin (already understands cryptocurrency and supports decentralized digital currency) and speak to the owner/decision maker about accepting NewYorkCoin as well. In return for accepting NewYorkCoin they will receive 10,000,000 NYC - as a lottery ticket in essence. They will support NewYorkCoin. Enable their customers to support NewYorkCoin. And receive 10,000,000 NYC which if valued at just 1 penny will be worth $100,000! They simply need to post a NewYorkCoin sticker in their window, take photo of business owner standing next to photo in window and allow us to issue a press release about their business accepting NewYorkCoin. That's it!

They can limit amount they accept in NewYorkCoin to $5, $10, $20, $50 - whatever they feel comfortable with. At least until exchange rate improves and/or liquidity improves. Just a few real-world brick and mortar businesses in New York City accepting NewYorkCoin would create a BIG BUZZ and kick start demand/buying/speculation frenzy and likely send NYC/BTC into the stratasphere!

GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE WANTS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR GETTING NEW YORK COIN MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND NOT JUST WAITING FOR "THE FOUNDATION" (which again is little old me!) TO MAKE EVERYTHING HAPPEN. Maybe more miners/supporters will take your lead!

I found on wiki that there are websites available that list merchants with brick and mortar that accept bitcoin. 

coinmap.org
Airbitz.co (this is the best one)
bitcoin.travel

WheresWaldo

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:58:51 AM

Careful with Coinsprofit pool, I have sent emails to admin to unlock account, no response, automated system is not working either.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Jason9908

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:43:41 AM

Now,The real world  had 300 business acceptance NYC  in New York City . Get many merchant acceptance,growing...

This is an exciting news

Please support NYC : http://www.newyorkcoin.net
 a top digital currency,in New York,or circulating around the world.
angel_investor (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:59:41 AM

I found on wiki that there are websites available that list merchants with brick and mortar that accept bitcoin. 

coinmap.org
Airbitz.co (this is the best one)
bitcoin.travel

If you want to help NYC price - contact every business on these lists and try to get NewYorkCoin acceptance. Great place to start!
PROFIT

Activity: 184

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:37:13 PM

On good news,
 despite a slight drop BTC,
the exchange rate began to rise NYC.

See for yourself - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/NYC/DOGE

Time (GMT)                  Type   Price NYC/DOGE   NYC Volume                   DOGE Volume

2014-06-20 13:25:20   BUY   0.00222219            4,813.00805150          10.69541836
2014-06-20 12:45:14   BUY   0.00222219         30,336,452.59481861   67,413.36159168
2014-06-20 12:45:02   BUY   0.00200000       7,103,423.87642320   14,206.84775285
2014-06-20 12:45:02   BUY   0.00200000         1,000,000.00000000   2,000.00000000
2014-06-20 12:45:02   BUY   0.00200000         10,000,000.00000000   20,000.00000000
2014-06-20 12:45:02   BUY   0.00200000         17,581,556.30087700   35,163.11260175
2014-06-20 12:44:51   BUY   0.00199999           2,000,000.00000000   3,999.98000000

Miners in the mine at the time to http://nyc.coinsprofit.com/.

timmy1979222

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:14:37 PM

if we can get into cryptsy ,then nyc will get popular. i think next week nyc is in swisscex
babysittinpot420

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:49:37 PM

if we can get into cryptsy ,then nyc will get popular. i think next week nyc is in swisscex

100% agreed, imo brick and mortar is the way this coin cements itself in the market.....but Cryptsy gives the most internet exposure.  especially because they only do ltc and btc which gives more value to the btc exchange, helping this off the 1 satoshi mark.  prolly only a month or so away from Cryptsy.
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:52:39 AM

that is not exactly how it works

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
timmy1979222

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:44:16 AM

strong investor could bring nyc into crypts,with votes ,by btc send.
and what else can we do to incearse price,any idea?
cvaky

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:55:57 AM

strong investor could bring nyc into crypts,with votes ,by btc send.
and what else can we do to incearse price,any idea?

Like angel investor said:
"If you want to help NYC price - contact every business on these lists and try to get NewYorkCoin acceptance. Great place to start!"

I can support with 0.05 btc to vote swisscex, if 3 more people send also 0.05 btc . So we will get there this week.

timmy1979222

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:05:03 AM

i am registered there and vote 3 times every hour, and btc send.only first place gets in,or? i think friendshipcoin is first place.
 i am in, i support with 0,05 btc ,lets start,maybe we get in this week.
cvaky

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:12:27 AM

i am registered there and vote 3 times every hour, and btc send.only first place gets in,or? i think friendshipcoin is first place

I am voting 3 time every hour also, but we need almost 4 000 (0.2 btc)  votes to ged #1 place if we can get there this week.
But I don't know , maybe invest to vote cryptsy is better idea.
Keep voting !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: