Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:17:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FPGA card loan  (Read 1954 times)
windowsdefender (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:45:48 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2012, 12:59:06 AM by windowsdefender

Would anyone be able to loan me a FPGA card to see if it would have any advantages over a mining rig, I would accept any offer as long as I do not need any BTC upfront. I can not generate any BTC to be proftable right now. If you have an offer please PM me, If that does not work I will be willing to give all of my profits to pay it off.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 12:28:23 AM

Wow.  Ballsy.  2 posts, spelled FPGA wrong, admit you are broke, and want someone to loan you ~$400 to $600 for 6 to 9 months.

No I won't loan you the money but you are ballsy.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 12:45:22 AM

Wow.  Ballsy.  2 posts, spelled FPGA wrong, admit you are broke, and want someone to loan you ~$400 to $600 for 6 to 9 months.

No I won't loan you the money but you are ballsy.

D&T, can you loan me 3x5970s to see if I can...uh...uh...use them for bitcoin mining?
windowsdefender (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 12:56:28 AM

Sorry, We all make mistakes, you realize that if you have the card already you can just change the software Huh and thanks, any small donation helps if you can lend even a portion of the total amount needed, it all adds up, so if you can donate please send it here 18gSLEawzBf1UtqMW2AJi7oJMto45Wc8th, also send your BTC address so I can eventually get it back to you guys. Thanks
-Windowsdefender
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:03:23 AM

Sorry, We all make mistakes, you realize that if you have the card already you can just change the software Huh and thanks, any small donation helps if you can lend even a portion of the total amount needed, it all adds up, so if you can donate please send it here 18gSLEawzBf1UtqMW2AJi7oJMto45Wc8th, also send your BTC address so I can eventually get it back to you guys. Thanks
-Windowsdefender

Man, a fifth grade teacher would probably hit you for this grammatical rape. I am not trying to troll you, but you've got to realize how ridiculous this is.

Can you read? Then why do you need an FPGA in your hands to find out what is already well published?

Can I borrow a thousand dollars to see if an ounce of cocaine gets me high? Just send me your bank account number, Social Security number and your passport so I can pay you back eventually.
windowsdefender (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:10:33 AM

You realize to get started in doing anything involving money you need to drop into the debt column to gain a trust with people. Also you need to spend a small amount of money to make a large sum of money.
-Windowsdefender
jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:27:18 AM

This is almost too rich - except OP is admittedly broke Grin
windowsdefender (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:30:27 AM

At least I admit it.
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:35:21 AM

The problem is that you're trying to get people to do something that requires a great amount trust to do when you have yet to earn any trust.  And even the ones with trust wouldn't be likely to get someone to just lend them stuff for the hell of it.  They'd just go and read up a bunch on others' experiences with FPGA's.

That, and you're not trying to spend any money to make a large sum of money; you're just hoping someone will loan you something that's worth $500+ for an extended period of time (when they could be using their hardware to mine for bitcoins for themselves).

fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:37:10 AM

You don't need to borrow an FPGA to see if it will be profitable, you need to do some math.

http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/
windowsdefender (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:47:43 AM

I know I know, but I think that might be someone that would be willing to help out, even small amounts help.
Also for someone703 I am 100% willing to spend my own money in this operation, but I am just getting started so it turns into a cycle of nothing happening.
-Windowsdefender
iNs4nePT

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:56:56 AM

You don't need to borrow an FPGA to see if it will be profitable, you need to do some math.

http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/

I wish i didn't have to almost double the electricity price on these calcs every time Angry

Out of curiosity, how well do these FPGA boards hold their value?
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 02:04:42 AM

Beats me, but I would think their ability to retain value would be pegged according to the value/difficulty of bitcoins since they'd have little to no use for people besides mining?

With Radeon GPUs, you can sell it to someone for mining or to someone who intends to use it for gaming making it easier to sell and hold value.

iNs4nePT

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 02:15:55 AM

Beats me, but I would think their ability to retain value would be pegged according to the value/difficulty of bitcoins since they'd have little to no use for people besides mining?

With Radeon GPUs, you can sell it to someone for mining or to someone who intends to use it for gaming making it easier to sell and hold value.

Exactly what my thoughts...

Paying $400 for a GPU is a much smaller investment than an FPGA, if you can easily sell it for $300 later...
...even with painful electricity prices.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 02:28:17 AM

I know I know, but I think that might be someone that would be willing to help out, even small amounts help.
Also for someone703 I am 100% willing to spend my own money in this operation, but I am just getting started so it turns into a cycle of nothing happening.
-Windowsdefender

Then save up some money and spend 100% of it on your own shit.

You really think that you earn trust by panhandling for ridiculously expensive computer gear?

Anyone got a 16-core Opteron for me to benchmark for an unknown amount of time?
jake262144

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 02:43:10 AM

Sure Randy, where do you need it dropped? Want them SAS arrays too? You might need that extra storage speed, you know.
Just drop me a word when you've done with them Grin
windowsdefender (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 03:50:40 AM

So you consider walking up to a bank for a loan panhandling?
stcupp

Activity: 209

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 05:35:52 AM

FPGA's are actually very useful and can be used for many things other than mining but only for very smart people who build complicated circuit boards and do electrical engineering.... I'd say theres more gamers so it would be easier to sell a video card but I see FPGA's getting sold out all the time
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 07:35:29 AM

So you consider walking up to a bank for a loan panhandling?
I don't know what the interest rate of your bank is. But I guess it is more then you could earn by mining.
If you don't have enough money to buy your own gear you can invest into the FPGA.contract on GLBSE. Don't forget to export the GLBSE account after investing or it might be lost!

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
windowsdefender (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 12:00:59 PM

Thanks for the tip Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: