Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:45:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Being illegal doesn't make you a criminal- my cousin works as border patrol  (Read 1084 times)
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:05:11 PM

he thinks this is exactly what it makes you.

On a side note, he works during the pres shift briefing, someone had listed some of his subjects as UDA. Now, he said they usually list them as IA (Illegal Alien), and some of his people were all "wtf is UDA", and the presenter said "Undocumented Alien".

The only illegals he will accept as undocumented as opposed to illegal are the children, or those who crossed as children. Part of any criminal statute begins with "knowingly and willingly", well, children don't knowingly and willingly do much of anything he said. But the parents, they willingly did something they knew to be against the law, yea, illegal, yea, criminal.

What ya think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:09:22 PM

This is one of the few cases that's a legit undocumented person. Cuban refugee, came over as a child and parents never filled out the paperwork to make him a resident/citizen even though he was 100% legit to receive it. He had a SSA his whole life, joined the military and fought in Vietnam, worked in govt jobs that required a citizenship.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/13/us/after-forming-deep-roots-in-us-man-discovers-he-isnt-a-citizen.html?_r=1

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:11:48 PM

What I think is that it's sad that children are getting dragged into the whole "illegal immigrant" thing. Yeah, if you cross the border illegally, you're breaking the law and, thus, technically a criminal. But a lot of the really young children don't understand what's going on when they cross with their parents or their parents pay somebody to bring them across the border. What I think we ought to do is, first, tighten up the enforcement system so that there are real consequences to both the people who cross illegally and to businesses that hire illegal immigrants as cheap labor. Second, reform the system so that anyone who is willing to come here, obey the law and make a real contribution to society can do so -- even if they end up becoming a New York City taxi driver, at least they'd be working.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:20:04 PM

What I think is that it's sad that children are getting dragged into the whole "illegal immigrant" thing. Yeah, if you cross the border illegally, you're breaking the law and, thus, technically a criminal. But a lot of the really young children don't understand what's going on when they cross with their parents or their parents pay somebody to bring them across the border. What I think we ought to do is, first, tighten up the enforcement system so that there are real consequences to both the people who cross illegally and to businesses that hire illegal immigrants as cheap labor. Second, reform the system so that anyone who is willing to come here, obey the law and make a real contribution to society can do so -- even if they end up becoming a New York City taxi driver, at least they'd be working.

You forgot "OTM". Too many of those caught over the last few years.
Immigration should not be illegal in the first place.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:40:10 PM

Sovereign nations don't need borders!!
sana8410

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:42:18 PM

Sovereign nations don't need borders!!
Why do you think sovereign nations don't need borders?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:42:44 PM

I hope I'm not a criminal but I've been undocumented many years of my life. I now live as a tourist, so I don't have that kind of problem anymore, but I know there are many places in the world where I could not live, and that has nothing to do with the law. It's about property prices (including hotels). I can't afford to live in London or Singapore... In a free market, we wouldn't need any regulation regarding free movement of people. People would only go where they can afford to go.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Rigon

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:44:50 PM

[/quote]Why do you think sovereign nations don't need borders?
 NATIONS SHOULDN'T HAVE A SAY IN WHO ENTERS THE COUNTRY!!
zolace

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:47:20 PM

Sure. All other nations should be allowed to. However it is RACIST, Xenophobic, and Imperialistic for America to have border security and laws deciding who can legally enter the country.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:55:25 PM

Sure. All other nations should be allowed to. However it is RACIST, Xenophobic, and Imperialistic for America to have border security and laws deciding who can legally enter the country.
Of course all other nations should be allowed to set their policy. Why shouldn't they? Who are you to dictate how other nations sets their policies?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:59:29 PM

People seem to think illegal immigrants are dealt with by civil law, not criminal law. Do you happen to have a link that explicitly says otherwise? As far as immigration goes, this current concept of restricting immigration will be a thing of the past within 20-25 years, and instead the US will be actively trying to get people to immigrate. Obviously not the violent criminals and shit, but anyone who can use a shovel to anything better.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:06:35 AM

People seem to think illegal immigrants are dealt with by civil law, not criminal law. Do you happen to have a link that explicitly says otherwise? As far as immigration goes, this current concept of restricting immigration will be a thing of the past within 20-25 years, and instead the US will be actively trying to get people to immigrate. Obviously not the violent criminals and shit, but anyone who can use a shovel to anything better.

ok seriously? try going into Mexico without proper papers, and see where you end up. U.S. law is clear on entering our country. Laws are being broken.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:10:17 AM

ok seriously? try going into Mexico without proper papers, and see where you end up. U.S. law is clear on entering our country. Laws are being broken.
You seem to have been unable to answer my question, and decided a deflection was the next best possibility.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:15:34 AM

FACT: Reagan took America from being the world's largest creditor to being the world's largest debtor.
sana8410

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:17:49 AM

FACT: Reagan took America from being the world's largest creditor to being the world's largest debtor.
Republicans don't hold that individual accountable for his actions; they don't hold him accountable for his failed War on Drugs / "Just Say No" campaign, his numerous scandals, or his failed economic policies.

Why is that?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:25:50 AM

FACT: The national debt more than quadrupled on Reagan's watch, from $700 billion to nearly $3 trillion. The trade deficit also more than quadrupled, to $137.3 billion. The budget imbalances--the exact opposite of Reagan's goal--were partly the result of the military buildup and partly because neither the administration nor Congress made any significant reductions in domestic spending. But the largest single reason for the mounting deficits was that the vaunted "supply-side" tax cuts failed to deliver their promised economic growth. In the six years of the Reagan presidency after the recession ended, the nation's private wealth grew by 8 percent. In contrast, in the five years between 1975 and 1980, a period often described by Reagan as unproductive, private wealth increased 31 percent.

The only good thing Reagan did was granted amnesty to undocumented immigrants.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:30:19 AM

Yeah, let's forget about him ending the Cold War, rebuilding the military, restoring American pride, reviving the death spiraling American economy he inherited from his Democrat predecessor. Yeah those things don't count.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:32:14 AM

Republicans don't hold that individual accountable for his actions; they don't hold him accountable for his failed War on Drugs / "Just Say No" campaign, his numerous scandals, or his failed economic policies.

Why is that?
He also turned the economy around, and put in place policies that had a big part in running the Soviet Union into bankruptcy, thus ending the cold war. Unfortunately, the fallout wasn't taken proper economic advantage of.

While I can come up with all kinds of things I feel he did wrong, he was the president that ended the FDR-Carter presidential economic policies, that were brilliant under FDR(in total) and terrible 50 years later under Carter. Reagan's policies are coming to an end, and it will be interesting to see what replaces it. I also can find things against FDR, and for Carter.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:50:49 AM

This thread mostly ignores the idea that there is a significant difference between the majority of 'illegals' and 'criminals arrested for crimes other than illegal immigration'.

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:41:56 AM

This thread mostly ignores the idea that there is a significant difference between the majority of 'illegals' and 'criminals arrested for crimes other than illegal immigration'.

Is there? If you are arrested for, say, marijuana possession, how is that different in degree from crossing the border illegally? You could make a case for legalizing marijuana and it will make as much sense as trying the amnesty thing for illegals again without securing the border.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: