Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting Bitcoin on eCommerce site?  (Read 2873 times)
antirack (OP)

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

Immersionist

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 10:06:21 AM

Is there a payment processor (just like PayPal) that lets my eCommerce site accept BitCoin payment and gives me US$ or any other "real" money?

I am not looking for a plugin or program to do that (but I am still happy about pointers in that direction), I am looking for a all-in-one solution. Basically just like setting up PayPal or Credit Card for my web site, so that the customer can pay in BitCoin through my site, and once the transaction is done my account shows a credit of X BitCoin or Y USD equivalent (daily course basically).

I hope I didn't describe what I am looking for too complicated. Basically all I want to do is accept BitCoin, but without the "hassle" of having BitCoin and them having to take care of selling them for money frequently, monitoring the exchange value, etc etc... (I understand that this is very easy, but unfortunately I'd need cash as soon as possible in order to pay bills etc).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2012, 10:10:20 AM

http://bit-pay.com

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
antirack (OP)

Activity: 489

Immersionist

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 10:15:20 AM

Thanks a lot. That looks very interesting. Now if that business just wouldn't be in the USA I would be more happy.

I'd hate them having to freeze my account like PayPal frequently does with their customer accounts, or giving my data to the authorities like PayPal did with Megaupload or Wikileaks (not that I am selling anything illegal, but the USA's reputation is just like that nowadays so I avoid it anyway if I can). Or god forbid, if the US authorities decide that BitCoin is used by the axis of evil to do, uhm, evil stuff.
bzzard

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2012, 11:34:05 AM

Then maybe okpay - https://www.okpay.com/en/company/news/okpay-bitcoin.html

BTCCharts.com - still for free!
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2012, 02:19:27 PM

we won't freeze anyones account.  balances are not stored with us and are pushed to your bitcoin wallet or bank account regularly.  Let me know if you have any questions.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 01:10:04 AM

Is there a payment processor (just like PayPal) that lets my eCommerce site accept BitCoin payment and gives me US$ or any other "real" money?

I am not looking for a plugin or program to do that (but I am still happy about pointers in that direction), I am looking for a all-in-one solution. Basically just like setting up PayPal or Credit Card for my web site, so that the customer can pay in BitCoin through my site, and once the transaction is done my account shows a credit of X BitCoin or Y USD equivalent (daily course basically).

I hope I didn't describe what I am looking for too complicated. Basically all I want to do is accept BitCoin, but without the "hassle" of having BitCoin and them having to take care of selling them for money frequently, monitoring the exchange value, etc etc... (I understand that this is very easy, but unfortunately I'd need cash as soon as possible in order to pay bills etc).

I am pleased to announce that our full fledged of E-commerce solutions will be announce VERY Shortly! The idea will be here is to be as transparent for both merchants and buyer as possible either online or... IRL.
And the good news is that fees involve in these solution will be rather... appealing to say the least!

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 10:08:02 PM

I am pleased to announce that our full fledged of E-commerce solutions will be announce VERY Shortly! The idea will be here is to be as transparent for both merchants and buyer as possible either online or... IRL.
And the good news is that fees involve in these solution will be rather... appealing to say the least!

Typical gox... promising big things and never delivering.  Roll Eyes
I think there was a gox post that said we'd have something big in January... and nothing happened.

(BFL)^2 < 0
TradersEdgeDice

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 07:20:16 PM

we won't freeze anyones account.  balances are not stored with us and are pushed to your bitcoin wallet or bank account regularly.  Let me know if you have any questions.

3% for using BTC?  That's outrageous.  No way I'm using them.

Like what I posted?

Buy my Metal FX Currency Dice Set
http://tradersedgedice.com

Buyers using bitcoin get a deep discount.  Free worldwide shipping.

Web of Trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=TradersEdgeDice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

GPG Identity: http://bitcoin-otc.com/
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 07:24:29 PM

3% for using BTC?  That's outrageous.  No way I'm using them.
3% only if they handle the auto-conversion to USD and deposit into your accounts. 0.99% if all you are doing is accepting BTC to your wallet with their system.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bzzard

Activity: 398

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 07:36:21 PM

3% only if they handle the auto-conversion to USD and deposit into your accounts. 0.99% if all you are doing is accepting BTC to your wallet with their system.
bit-pay - I think you will get more customers with 1% than "sneaky" 0.99%

BTCCharts.com - still for free!
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 07:49:10 PM

I know you aren't looking for just an interface but you might still want to have a look: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Shopping_Cart_Interfaces

By the way, does bit-pay support exchanging only a percentage of coins to USD/EUR instantly and relaying the rest? If not, I wonder if it's requested often. If you know the average net profit margin, it might make sense to keep it as Bitcoin, but also guarantee that you have enough local currency to cover costs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: